Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    From what I can understand "Bath Salts" are basically meth. What the companies do is change the chemical formula slightly so it can't be classified as meth but it actually is with just a minor molecule tweak. This stuff is nothing like LSD, people saying it is is giving LSD a really bad rep. The stuff you might be thinking of is Salvia. Salvia is like LSD but only last a couple of minutes and in most cases is safe to take as long as you have someone watching you.

I totally agree that these "Bath Salts" need to be illegal and they need to make a law saying the taking a drug like meth and changing it slightly so it gives the same affect can't be legally sold. The thing that pisses me off is we spend billions of dollars trying to stop weed, which has benefits, but allow crap like this to be sold in stores right down the road. Good job government, good job.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are marketed as 'bath salts' so they are able to be sold at stores. Synthetic forms of illegal drugs are not illegal (yet) in all states, and are difficult to enforce, as the chemical composition can be altered easily.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Oh look, more big, strong police officers who have to kill their victim instead of doing their work. Do americans even know that tasers are illegal in many countries, and that such countries manage to arrest people without killing them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to boot up Left For Dead 2 and start practicing

Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    Oh look, more big, strong police officers who have to kill their victim instead of doing their work. Do americans even know that tasers are illegal in many countries, and that such countries manage to arrest people without killing them?
    Which countries? I only know of Argentina. Most other countries allow police to use Tasers.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, at least she didn't attempt to eat the child.
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    I love how they say she went into cardiac arrest from the effects of the Tasing........nevermind the effect bath salts has on your blood pressure and heart rate......it HAD to be the tasing.
    Yes, when you hit someone with a lethal weapon it tends to have the possibility of killing them. Especially if their heart's under stress anyway.

Who cares if she died... seriously I would have gave them a pat on the back for shooting her instead. I mean she was beating her 3-year-old how much more are you willingly to let people do before death should be their punishment.

We're going to see a LOT more cases of this. People are thinking, "oh man that sounds crazy. I bet I could handle it, though. Get me the bath salts hotline!"

So someone that is, for all intents and purposes, immune to pain has a non-lethal method to take them down when they're violent and taking 4 people to cuff AFTER being tazed, falling down the steps, and running around after people?

There really isn't one. This is squarely on the head of the woman: don't take drugs that put you into a psychotic state if you don't want the chance of dying as a result. Especially don't do drugs that seem to trend toward violent behavior TWO DAYS after heart surgery!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, she died at the hospital so she won't harm her kid again.

This shit needs to be put down, and quick. I'm all for people who want to remove their own genes from this planet, but a drug that has a chance to cause the user to do some of these absolute BATSHIT CRAZY things to people around them, who had no involvement...just...no. Take it away. We don't need this here, thank you very much.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Who cares if she died... seriously I would have gave them a pat on the back for shooting her instead. I mean she was beating her 3-year-old how much more are you willingly to let people do before death should be their punishment.
    maybe he was trying to get into her bath salts?

i do feel bad she died, it shouldn't of been that severe, but she should of at least been sent to jail, and her husband divorce her and move himself and the child to a safe location far FAR away from that lunatic.
    but she died...sigh...
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    Yes, when you hit someone with a lethal weapon it tends to have the possibility of killing them. Especially if their heart's under stress anyway.
    Correct. Which is why people shouldn't do synthetic drugs and beat their 3 year old children so police aren't forced to taser them after trying pepper spray. I was proper police escallation. I suppose they could have just pulled service guns and shot her if that would make you feel better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    And people willingly take this shit.
    If they dont know the riscs involved why wouldn´t they?

On a sidenote to the whole "zombie" business - some of the fictional litterature (obviously ) have been using messed up drugs as a starter to those things . So I guess eventually it wouldn´t be so much fiction when seeing this as happening.

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I have never heard about the use of bath salts as a way to get high in my own country - what is it all about?
    http://politiken.dk/udland/ECE165811...n-og-kamphund/ (same case as mentioned ofc).

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Time to boot up Left For Dead 2 and start practicing
    If you actually thought you could train by using a game you would need more of a mental checkup than Anders Breivik
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    They are marketed as 'bath salts' so they are able to be sold at stores. Synthetic forms of illegal drugs are not illegal (yet) in all states, and are difficult to enforce, as the chemical composition can be altered easily.
    its not because its synthetic - its because as soon as they make some drug illegal they add something like a methyle or something else group to the molecule and then it might still work the same

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarJames View Post
    have you ever taken LSD? i have over 100 times and there is very few cases where people harm themselves or others on LSD

NO bath salts should not be compared to LSD, nowhere near... its been a week now and 3 reports of salts ppl biting others... thats HUGE

not even a high dose of mushies makes you bite people
    Regardless, there are chemical properties in those drugs that can harm you and leave you with permanent psychosis problems. It's not different with this new crap, it should all be taken off the streets completely. Weed is fine and I don't care if people want to smoke it, but anything beyond that is risking your own health since it's poorly controlled. Every drug except weed is made of chemicals in some guy's basement lab yet people choose to risk their health using it. A bad acid trip could leave you injured or dead, and it does happen.

Deleted
    Why does everyone look so... white trashy? >_>

I'm not angry or anything about things like these. I feel pity towards someone getting so messed up as to get to a point in their life were they take bath salts.

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    We're going to see a LOT more cases of this. People are thinking, "oh man that sounds crazy. I bet I could handle it, though. Get me the bath salts hotline!"

Evolution at it's finest

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by penicillin View Post
    in most cases is safe to take as long as you have someone watching you.

That is not my classification of "safe".

waiting for someone to invent Venom so I can Bane-out on people
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I have never heard about the use of bath salts as a way to get high in my own country - what is it all about?
    It's a cover-name for a legal drug.
    They sell it as "bath salts" over the counter.