Gearing my Wizard

Hello all, I am playing a Softcore wizard and all I have left to kill is Diablo on Infero. I was wondering if anyone could help me out though. I feel like I could do him now (have only done a couple attempts) but I figured I have 3.25 million gold and I might as well upgrade my gear and make it a little easier. I personally kind of feel like I should buy a new weapon for more damage but I know some of my gear pieces are kind of a low level and wasn't sure if they would be better upgrades, so I was hoping someone here could give me some advice.

Gear:

Stats:

I was also curious on how I could better gear my wizard, too. My damage is currently at 35k, and all of my gear slots (except rings/amulet/weapon) have over 100 int on them.

I've heard people say that you should stack crit + crit damage, but I'm having trouble finding a good source with high damage, that also has crit chance...BLIZZ, y u no make damage range a search term?! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I was also curious on how I could better gear my wizard, too. My damage is currently at 35k, and all of my gear slots (except rings/amulet/weapon) have over 100 int on them.

I've heard people say that you should stack crit + crit damage, but I'm having trouble finding a good source with high damage, that also has crit chance...BLIZZ, y u no make damage range a search term?! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    I 100% agree with you on the AH needing a method of filtering the damage on sources!

Le bump. Currently trying to find cheap +crit damage and +crit gear...not going so well, so far.
    Last edited by Vook; 2012-06-17 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I used to try reduce the search results on offhands as much as possible and then simply look trough the pages. I mean... my current offhand with 89-350 with 7.5crit I found somewhere at page 26 with ridiculously low price :/ .

It it tedious and it does take time, but its the same for everyone. There might be treasures hidden all the way behind all those endless pages of "crap".

I'm actually impressed that you could manage to get to Diablo with this gear without skipping most of act4

buy weapon, your damage is really low and also your belt is not very good

search AH and look up for cheap high int/vit/all res. or +IAS items

Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    I'm actually impressed that you could manage to get to Diablo with this gear without skipping most of act4

buy weapon, your damage is really low and also your belt is not very good

search AH and look up for cheap high int/vit/all res. or +IAS items
    Thanks for the reply! I will definitely get a new belt. When it comes to weapons would it be better to buy a 1k dps blue for 1 million or try to buy like a 900 dps rare that has stats like Life after kill so I could use the venom hydra as a free heal?

I got up to Diablo with even worse survival stats than you (though with a bit higher damage) and I got pretty much stuck since it takes forever and one small mistake means being one shotted even with Force Armor. I finally just went to the auction house and bought a bunch of gear with All Res + Fire Res and decent armor. It wasn't very expensive as pretty much no one gears for particular resistances and it made the whole thing pretty easy, just a question of not dying in the shadow realm.

If you don't know it already, using Mirror Image removes the debuffs Diablo puts on you. There's no way I could've done it without that trick as there's no other way to remove them in the shadow realm AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    I got up to Diablo with even worse survival stats than you (though with a bit higher damage) and I got pretty much stuck since it takes forever and one small mistake means being one shotted even with Force Armor. I finally just went to the auction house and bought a bunch of gear with All Res + Fire Res and decent armor. It wasn't very expensive as pretty much no one gears for particular resistances and it made the whole thing pretty easy, just a question of not dying in the shadow realm.

If you don't know it already, using Mirror Image removes the debuffs Diablo puts on you. There's no way I could've done it without that trick as there's no other way to remove them in the shadow realm AFAIK.

I didn't know that, thanks for tip!