Deleted

SotA Call to Arms - It feels like pulling teeth.

Why, why, why does Alliance just totally and utterly suck so much at this on the EU? It's just so mind boggling at how often we lose. I can't even avoid it when I'm doing "Random Battleground" over specifically picking it.

Horde breach the gates? People are still fighting on the beaches by the time they've gone purple.
    We're on the offence? Nobody actually picks up demo charges and stands around try to kill.
    We're on the defence? All I see are Horde running up to the gates with charges.
    We're on the offence? Nobody defends the demolisher and insists on killing the one dude running -away- to distract them.
    We're on the offence? Even shouting for dispels is just met by awkward silence in the chat.
    We're on the defence? Horde have dozens of healers dispelling the demolisher's.
    We're on the defence? Yellow is breached and everybody decides to run to the Relic chamber instead of holding at the wall in the gate meaning the Horde demolisher's get a free run.

I once lost one where we had to defend for literally two minutes. It's just so god awful.

Warsong Gulch? We're pretty damn good at. Isle of Conquest? Yeah, we win most of the time. Alterac Valley? More wins than losses.
    But Strand of the Ancients? I've had this guy for two years and have won three times. I don't normally rage about Battlegrounds but good lord I needed to vent about how utterly terrible the Alliance is at this.

Do you have this experience as Alliance? If you play Horde do you find yourselves winning more often than not? Is it any different on the other side of the Atlantic?
    Last edited by mmoc8a29730aed; 2012-06-17 at 11:33 AM.

From personal experiance we probably win more than lose on strand, I still hate the BG however usually do it with friends and a couple of us always protect the east and west GY's. It's a BG that can be very much dictated by a premade group, more then other BG's imo.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    We're on the defence? Yellow is breached and everybody decides to run to the Relic chamber instead of holding at the wall in the gate meaning the Horde demolisher's get a free run.
    I (Troll Rogue) have breached the relic chamber three times TODAY ALONE with chargeruns, while the alliance held of our demolishers at the gate =) I like your tactics, the not only guarantee free wins, but pretty awesome ones at that

Besides, you guys are NOT good at WSG, you only have an advantage (at least on EU servers) in people playing heal in PvP...there is exactly zero skill involved, when you can run across the field with 3+ heals that are impossible to kill even when focusing. The day blizzard implements a maximum number of heals that can join a BG group, alliance will be positively and royally f.....reaked in WSG =)

They don't. I'm 14-2 in SOTA this weekend according to my BG history addon. So it's just you.

Deleted
    hate that bg lol but went on my rogue alt. sub spec and was bored so tried something I never done b4,

used shadow step on the cannons and got right to the last door while they were still fighting on beach, but there was no bombs so went out yellow and found some just did same to the last set of cannons back and forth, lol had the door down and won the round b4 we even got near yellow with demos :P

cough cough ..

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    I (Troll Rogue) have breached the relic chamber three times TODAY ALONE with chargeruns, while the alliance held of our demolishers at the gate =) I like your tactics, the not only guarantee free wins, but pretty awesome ones at that

Besides, you guys are NOT good at WSG, you only have an advantage (at least on EU servers) in people playing heal in PvP...there is exactly zero skill involved, when you can run across the field with 3+ heals that are impossible to kill even when focusing. The day blizzard implements a maximum number of heals that can join a BG group, alliance will be positively and royally f.....reaked in WSG =)
    if im not mistaken im sure I read somewhere that in MOP there will be a max on healers in bg..

or was it a fake?...
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2012-06-17 at 07:47 PM.

Deleted
    Why, why, why does Alliance just totally and utterly suck so much at this on the EU? It's just so mind boggling at how often we lose. I can't even avoid it when I'm doing "Random Battleground" over specifically picking it.

Horde breach the gates? People are still fighting on the beaches by the time they've gone purple.
    We're on the offence? Nobody actually picks up demo charges and stands around try to kill.
    We're on the defence? All I see are Horde running up to the gates with charges.
    We're on the offence? Nobody defends the demolisher and insists on killing the one dude running -away- to distract them.
    We're on the offence? Even shouting for dispels is just met by awkward silence in the chat.
    We're on the defence? Horde have dozens of healers dispelling the demolisher's.

I once lost one where we had to defend for literally two minutes. It's just so god awful.

Warsong Gulch? We're pretty damn good at. Isle of Conquest? Yeah, we win most of the time. Alterac Valley? More wins than losses.
    But Strand of the Ancients? I've had this guy for two years and have won three times. I don't normally rage about Battlegrounds but good lord I needed to vent about how utterly terrible the Alliance is at this.

Do you have this experience as Alliance? If you play Horde do you find yourselves winning more often than not? Is it any different on the other side of the Atlantic?
    As with most interactions with people on an online game, a majority of them are clueless twats without any idea of what teamwork is. No matter if it's an MMO, FPS, RTS or whatever.
    The problem is that it's absolutely the most painful in an MMO.

Deleted
    If you play Horde do you find yourselves winning more often than not? Is it any different on the other side of the Atlantic?
    Anyone entering SotA has already lost, no matter what the scoreboard says at the end.

It all nails down to your personal luck, I suppose. Just had a massive winning streak on my low-geared rogue, don't see that happening a lot. Good timing for gearing up alts!

I don't get why people hate SotA so much. I play Horde - US, and win maybe about half, but even if I lose, I still love that BG, it's my second favorite after WSG, it's just designed so well. I'm actually kind of worried that in MoP I'll never get it because so many silly people are going to blacklist it. But it's so gooooooooooood. You want to blacklist a crappy BG, blacklist AV and EotS, worst ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post

Is it still like that? In the past I had found that the number one advantage of alliance BG PuGers is the sheer number of healers they had in comparison to horde side, at least at level 70 and 80. Is 85 similar?

i like sota. people don't focus fire me because they are to busy trying to deal with demos and i can go around and murderize them
    it kind of helps that i don't care about winning

but i am going to bash some heads in the next time i see a rogue or a dk complaining about the demos not being snared.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

I just started pvping again on my balance druid and was single-handedly winning games for the Alliance on US servers last night. Helps that I'm in 406 heroic gear and can blow up a tank in a couple of seconds. Also helps no one figured out to hit me a few times and I would explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Brovahkiin View Post
    I don't get why people hate SotA so much. I play Horde - US, and win maybe about half, but even if I lose, I still love that BG, it's my second favorite after WSG, it's just designed so well. I'm actually kind of worried that in MoP I'll never get it because so many silly people are going to blacklist it. But it's so gooooooooooood. You want to blacklist a crappy BG, blacklist AV and EotS, worst ones.
    It is well designed, but it's ALL about objectives. Running around killing people hurts you a lot worse than in a flag or resource BG. It's just so much more stressful being around idiots in strand, which is why I hate it so much.

Admins please close this thread..This is utterly pointless, its all RANDOM. Chances are you will never see the people you played with tomorrow.
    Ofcourse u notice losses more then wins , thats because your only human but do 100 bgs and u will see it even out. 45/55 at max...I also did sota this weekend and both teams are horrible and uncoordinated. This is why we got RBGs! So you can avoid grouping up with random people who dont have a clue what to do.

Deleted
    I have Mixed feelings about SotA, for some classes i love it, for others i hate it, but i still like it more then AB(oh i hate AB) but look forward to mop you can blacklist thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me crazy, but I kinda like SotA. I have a lot of fun there, really. Sure, having a "bad" team, or people who won't listen to coordination will make all the fun turn into incredible pain, but really, that's true for any battleground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

At least it is better than AV and IoC. I really don't understand why they haven't removed them yet...