DH stats needed for Inferno, a few questions

I saw the video of the guy who beat Diablo on Inferno as A DH but had little resistances. Right now I am in A1 Inferno and have solod up to the Skeleton King, I am at like 275 all resistance, 40K health (not as important though), 3K armor, and about 11K damage. What all should I be going for item wise? Also when I am done with some of the items I am using should I pawn them on the gold AH or try the RMAH? When do items actually start selling, regardless of price on the RMAH? I know I will probably have to be extremely lucky though

Deleted
    smokescreen and 300k dps

Since DH's have like NOTHING to help their defenses, making them the truest glass cannon in the game, you stack damage, and get good at moving. That is it.

I tried making a Demon Hunter more defensive... it doesn't work. They gain no passives or abilities to improve their Dodge/Armor/Resists, Dex only gives them Dodge Chance, and with like 1700 Dex, it is only 37% dodge. So, if they get hit, they generally fold up quite quickly. Not much you can do about it.

Kinda why I changed my main. I didn't like the whole idea of a stiff breeze knocking me over. So, my melee wizard who already laughs through the entire fight with the Butcher (his biggest hit only lands for 7000 damage), with less time and money invested, is far more to my liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    11k seems pretty low, 1 range weapon should give u more dps than that

Ditch all the resistance and HP. Go full glasscannon -> Stack damage and some +max discipline on quiver/chest so you can use more smoke screen/caltrops. And obviously use preparation with the backup plan rune and you should be fine in Inferno. And also try get a 1000+ dps weapon (blue quality) should be pretty cheap, like 300-400k.

Deleted
    crit chance and increased cirt dmg, also attack speed, this is where 300k+ comes from

Just get a couple cheap high dex items, some attack speed and a decent 2h ranged weapon. Add some movementspeed and you are good to deal clear the game.

So how much health should I be around? I guess 40K might be to much then lol and should I just pawn my resist gear then?

Deleted
    the only way to get through inferno as a demon hunter is to kill your target before your dicipline run out...

Jokes aside, i suggest you just stack as much dmg as possible. I just cleared act 1 with my DH and i had no problem what so ever with my 10k hp and 40k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by tylen View Post
    So how much health should I be around? I guess 40K might be to much then lol and should I just pawn my resist gear then?
    HP doesn't matter for Demon Hunters, you get oneshotted no matter what. I cleared whole Inferno with 11k hp on my DH.

And yes indeed, replace all your resist gear with attack speed/critical dmg/crit chance/dex gear.

Quote Originally Posted by tylen View Post
    I would wait until after 1.03 to decide if you want to pawn your resist gear. They are effectively making it better by lowering damage on mobs and it's highly unlikely they would nerf it to the point that a glass cannon build would be able to take a decent hit. Especially, since they specifically mentioned glass cannons while discussing the inferno nerf. They are also increasing the cost of repairs which will make people think twice about dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    HP doesn't matter for Demon Hunters, you get oneshotted no matter what. I cleared whole Inferno with 11k hp on my DH.

And yes indeed, replace all your resist gear with attack speed/critical dmg/crit chance/dex gear.
    I don't get 1 shot by hardly anything on my DH, teleporting fatties clapping swing and fire-shielded fireballs from shaman are about it.

I will say armor + resist > hp though.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-06-17 at 09:27 PM.

I just soloed Butcher on Inferno and managed to get all the achievements for it with only 21k health and around 33k Dps with SS is at full. As for gear I just made sure each slot has some form of Dex and Vit and didn't worry about the rest, if it had extra stats or resistance great, but if not no biggie. Eventually upgrades will drop, or you can come across a decent upgrade on the AH for cheap then go for it, but even that isn't a must. The only thing I bought of the A.H was a bow with 718Dps to replace a Crossbow with around 633Dps.

Deleted
    I am just about at Belial on Inferno, had no problems with bosses on Act 1.

110k dps with SS, Steady aim and archery. 2H crossbow (995dps with socket) with green gem. 16k life.. no resistances (maybe 30 or something)

Get Dex/Attack speed/crit damage/crit gear, forget about HP and resists....

My setup:

LMB: Marked for death with mortal enemy
    RMB: Elemental arrow with Nether tentacles
    1: Smoke screen with lingering fog
    2: Preparation with healing rune
    3: Caltrops with torturous ground
    4: Bat companion

Passives: Archery, Steady aim, Sharpshooter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post

110k dps with SS, Steady aim and archery. 2H crossbow (995dps with socket) with green gem. 16k life.. no resistances (maybe 30 or something)

My setup:

You never run out of resorces?
    IMO. You should have some hatred gen ability excluding bat.
    And how do you handle mobs that run around fast and unpredictable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    You never run out of resorces?
    IMO. You should have some hatred gen ability excluding bat.
    And how do you handle mobs that run around fast and unpredictable.
    Hatred is no pronblem. With Bat + Marked for death + mortal enemy. Besides on Inferno you rarely just stand still and shoot and with the bat your hatred regen is doubled. So keeping that up is really no problem.

With mobs running around it can be difficult, I always make sure to be standing on a trap, so if anyone gets near I have time to get away. Other than that, a lot of stutter step shooting, traps, SS and well ehh, ruuuuuuuun forrest. But in Inferno I find it really helps to try and have a trap to stand on. Especially when there are burrowers, teleporters etc about.

My wife and I just hit ACT II inferno and she's somewhere in the realm of 60k+ dps. Attack speed, high damage bow and dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post

My setup:

That's great, I have 75k dps without SS, 51k hp, 580 res all and probably not much more armor than you because I'm unlucky. But who do you think does better? Who will clear faster and make more profit due to not having as many repair bills?

I think it's pretty awful to suggest to somebody they should do X without presenting all the options and letting them choose. OP already said he has resist gear so having him sell it off without telling him it will be more useful after 1.03 is pretty shitty.

Oh and if it matters I've had inferno cleared 2 weeks after release
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-06-18 at 07:57 PM.