Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm just not sure what the purpose of valor points are now.

Originally the idea was to give players that couldn't get that one piece to drop an alternate route to a piece. Now it's just going to be another step extending the 'acquire, enchant, gem, transmog (whatever)' process as well as put a limit on it.

I suppose now it's intended to be for people who just can't get that one heroic piece, but it's going to end up being another obligation upon winning a new item.

Deleted
    Can you upgrade tier 13 heroic items to still be usefull?

The upgrade system looks interesting. :O

So it seems that Cataclysm was the dev's coffee break so to speak. Glad to see they haven't ran out of creative ideas just yet, i'm definitely looking forward to MoP being they haven't created hype and beta even with bugs and what not is still an enjoyable experience. However, the one thing i hope they will finally do is actually optimize the game.

I hate this idea.

What if, for example, your current head piece from a previous tier is upgraded a full 3/3 times, and in the newer tear, a new helmet drops. What if it is not nearly as good as your current 3/3 helm? What if the only way for this new item to be an upgrade over your current helm, it needs to be upgraded 3 times itself? (ie. currently, an item you just obtain in a raid is not better than your current item until you gem it, enchant it, and reforge it. Absolutely unreal.)

This just seems to me like another needless grind. My bet is this will just end up being another form of enchantments, another form of gems, another form of reforging. It's getting ridiculous now. When everyone is enticed to do the same exact thing, it doesn't matter. What's the point of this? It is a needless grind because EVERYONE has access to it, not just for something like legendary items. In order for you to keep up with the pack, you'll need to upgrade your gear fully. This is artificial lengthening of a game.

As the saying goes: when everyone's special, no one is.

What I would have liked this system to be, would have been a way to upgrade from your old valor items to the new tier of valor items. You can either buy the new item with valor points, or you can upgrade your old item (only one upgrade per tier) with valor points at a cheaper price. Just a simple trade in + extra valor. Reduce the grind, not lengthen it. I can't imagine the ridiculous confusion that will arise under the current definition.
    Last edited by ashas; 2012-06-18 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    Pfffft. And South Korea expects to be able to enforce this, how?
    Since Korean players need their SS# to actually play, and since their population is 15% of America's, it would probably not be hard for the Korean government to see what programs their players have loaded on their computers and then do their thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the only way for this new item to be an upgrade over your current helm, it needs to be upgraded 3 times itself?
    Don't care. As a raider you get Valor like candy and don't use it.

As a non raider, you won't get Items-tiers fast enough to get into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't care. As a raider you get Valor like candy and don't use it.

As a non raider, you won't get Items-tiers fast enough to get into trouble.
    So, don't you see a lack of purpose?

It's more fun to me to obtain new items than to continuously grind and upgrade my current ones, even if they are nothing but stat sticks. I'm simply not seeing any purpose here. Just another form of enchanting/gemming/reforging. It's just too much now.

There is no sense of accomplishment in upgrading your gear. You're simply keeping up with the pack, not jumping ahead. To me, that's just useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, don't you see a lack of purpose?
    No I don't. Because we both don't have any details about how it will be implemented. Way too soon to judge.

There is no sense of accomplishment in upgrading your gear. You're simply keeping up with the pack, not jumping ahead. To me, that's just useless.
    Newsflash: There never was a sense of accomplishment for farming valor points, well at least for me. oO

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Dust 514 PS3 only? I am disappoint.... Planetside 2 looks promising though.
    Yeah they messed up with this one, considering EVE is a PC game. I'd love to get into the EVE universe, but sadly I don't have a PS3, nor do I like shooters on consoles. But, CCP always says "we're launching exclusively on PS3" which could hopefully be translated to "we'll come out on PS3 first and later to PC & Xbox".

Also considering both Microsoft and Sony are bound to announce new console hardware next year, the PS3 will get replaced in 1-2 years, so they are bound to bring it out on the PC which is the most stable system for MMO games, where a hardware refresh doesn't suddenly make you unable to play the game like going from PS3 to PS4, but that's speculation.

Personally I think Dust will be on PC soon enough.
    Last edited by F-Minus; 2012-06-18 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    as long as normal gear doesnt upgrade to be better than heroic gear (when its first recieved) i dont care..

wait... so i can buy heroic gear from the BMAH. Run dungeons for valor, and have BIS heroic upgraded gear without ever killing a heroic boss? that is a design flaw to me, sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashas View Post
    I hate this idea.

What if, for example, your current head piece from a previous tier is upgraded a full 3/3 times, and in the newer tear, a new helmet drops. What if it is not nearly as good as your current 3/3 helm? What if the only way for this new item to be an upgrade over your current helm, it needs to be upgraded 3 times itself? (ie. currently, an item you just obtain in a raid is not better than your current item until you gem it, enchant it, and reforge it. Absolutely unreal.)

This just seems to me like another needless grind. My bet is this will just end up being another form of enchantments, another form of gems, another form of reforging. It's getting ridiculous now. When everyone is enticed to do the same exact thing, it doesn't matter. What's the point of this? It is a needless grind because EVERYONE has access to it, not just for something like legendary items. In order for you to keep up with the pack, you'll need to upgrade your gear fully. This is artificial lengthening of a game.

What I would have liked this system to be, would have been a way to upgrade from your old valor items to the new tier of valor items. You can either buy the new item with valor points, or you can upgrade your old item (only one upgrade per tier) with valor points at a cheaper price. Just a simple trade in + extra valor. Reduce the grind, not lengthen it. I can't imagine the ridiculous confusion that will arise under the current definition.
    ?????

Do you seriously beg for less farming in wow? Farming is what most of people lack currently.

what is more fun:

Either get all your gear without the need to upgrade, meaning that you can get your complete head solt within one raid run, takes 1hr max.
    Or, get your piece, and then in addition have the ability to improve it by farming more and using more time to achieve better gear.

It seems that you just want the last boss dead in heroic without giving any endurance tries.
    MMOs are supposed to be grind farms, and i approve of this thing. Only wonder if it works on pvp gear too.

??? It used to be that way, it always be that way. Dunno why you even brought it up here.

Quote Originally Posted by ashas View Post
    I hate this idea.

I'm not sure it'll be an issue. For non-hardcore guilds, if someone needs the helm more than you then pass it up for them and you pick it up later (although just like everything this has a chance of drama). For hardcore guilds it will be assumed you're min/maxing and will do all those steps you list to get the best out of gear. I agree the addition of "prospect upgrades" will take some time for players to get used to though.

Quote Originally Posted by sarraih View Post
    wait... so i can buy heroic gear from the BMAH. Run dungeons for valor, and have BIS heroic upgraded gear without ever killing a heroic boss? that is a design flaw to me, sorry.
    If you can afford a million per piece of armor and are able to watch the BMAH like a hawk to max the bid out before someone else does.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    i'm more worried by the jump of 25ilvl per upgrade (for reference going from t13 LFR to t13 HEROIC is 26 ilvl). Having an item going from 425 to 500 is A LOT. Way too much.
    We are talking taking a donjon item and turning it into something equivalen to heroic raid drop here !
    Upgrading an t14 heroic drop like this will probably brake the game even in t15 ...
    did you notice that they said that the numbers are just made up?....

... so like, did South Korea just make the D3 RMAH illegal? o_O

Serious, non-trolling question here. Are they going to apply this law to just individual citizens or will it encapsulate businesses as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Since Korean players need their SS# to actually play, and since their population is 15% of America's, it would probably not be hard for the Korean government to see what programs their players have loaded on their computers and then do their thing.
    Your ISP will have your identity anyway, if the authority demands it.
    Unless you are tipped-off, no way they can decrypt and scan every data in their internet.
    Even tracking plain text for "terrorist threat" is problematic for those national security services with unknown budget.

I'd say its just China's RWT ban v2.
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    ... so like, did South Korea just make the D3 RMAH illegal? o_O

Serious, non-trolling question here. Are they going to apply this law to just individual citizens or will it encapsulate businesses as well?

Yeah they did But the Korean version of D3 doesn't have RMAH implemented and never will and neither was the plan.

Source:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...ld-gets-rated/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Dust 514 PS3 only? I am disappoint.... Planetside 2 looks promising though.
    That has been known for a few years now.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta say of the games preview Dust grabs me the most, I suck at FPS' so I wont be playing it, but I love the idea that as an EVE player, you can hire actual people, who then go off to have a FPS deathmatch, and if they win, you gain stuff in EVE, very very nice idea.