Voters
142. This poll is closed
  • Dr. Manhatten

87 61.27%
  • Ichigo Kurosaki

55 38.73%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I voted for Ganon because A) Superman is vulnerable to magic and 2) Ganon can only be killed by either the Triforce, the Master Sword, and/or the Light/Silver Arrows, none of which Superman has.

As for the actual topic at hand, Dr. Manhattan by a long shot. Next time we do this, we have to make the competitors more balanced.
    Well, as was stated multiple times in the actual thread, Superman is no longer vulnerable to magic, and he's killed immortal beings before. So yeah, that.

And if people didn't want overpowered characters they shouldn't have nominated them.

I still don't understand how a character with super strength and the ability to change the composition of physical matter, can hurt, or even see what is essentially a ghost made of spirit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Well, as was stated multiple times in the actual thread, Superman is no longer vulnerable to magic, and he's killed immortal beings before. So yeah, that.

And if people didn't want overpowered characters they shouldn't have nominated them.

I still don't understand how a character with super strength and the ability to change the composition of physical matter, can hurt, or even see what is essentially a ghost made of spirit stuff.
    I think people are just ignoring the fact that Ichigo is made of spirit energy and not physical particals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    I think people are just ignoring the fact that Ichigo is made of spirit energy and not physical particals.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    The only way Ichigo would win is by technicality.
    My first response.

Not sure which version of Superman there is anymore, but i remember way back he died, not to magic or kryptonite, but a good old fashioned ass beating. Forget the guy's/monster's name, but they both struck each other at the end, killing them both. I still have the comic in my safe, but to lazy to go look.

Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    Not sure which version of Superman there is anymore, but i remember way back he died, not to magic or kryptonite, but a good old fashioned ass beating. Forget the guy's/monster's name, but they both struck each other at the end, killing them both. I still have the comic in my safe, but to lazy to go look.
    Superman can be killed, and has died, and come close to death many times. Only an ignorant person would dispute that.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    My first response.
    And you hit the nail on the head, because you're smart.

Superman can be killed, and has died, and come close to death many times. Only an ignorant person would dispute that.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 09:58 PM ----------

Wasn't disputing it, i was just wondering what's going on with Superman, last i read, is when he died 10-15 years ago, with the 8 different book series or so. I've heard there was a steel superman, superboy, and emo superman. that's all, so need to get snippy.

Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    Wasn't disputing it, i was just wondering what's going on with Superman, last i read, is when he died 10-15 years ago, with the 8 different book series or so. I've heard there was a steel superman, superboy, and emo superman. that's all, so need to get snippy.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to be snippy. I thought you were saying it's possible to kill him, and I was agreeing with you.

Considering that Dr Manhatten deals with _physical_ objects (atoms, particles) and Ichigo deals with spirit power... I don't think he'll be able to survive Getsuga Tensho. He is, after all, in the human world and that means spiritual beings (Shinigami) are in a higher dimension than him. As Aizen said, he won't even be able to sense Ichigo unless Ichigo specifically pulls himself into a lower dimension.

Now, if we placed them in the same dimension, however, and assumed that Manhatten had a way to appear in the spirit world... even if he can withstand Shikai and Bankai, he will be having troubles with Hollow mask Ichigo, and I'm not going to even try Vasto Lorde form, which I believe even Aizen and Genryuusai Yamamoto would get defeated by. It has its weakness of the horns, but one on one it's not going to happen.

And.. then there's Final Getsuga Tensho. Have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinderofl View Post
    Considering that Dr Manhatten deals with _physical_ objects (atoms, particles) and Ichigo deals with spirit power... I don't think he'll be able to survive Getsuga Tensho. He is, after all, in the human world and that means spiritual beings (Shinigami) are in a higher dimension than him. As Aizen said, he won't even be able to sense Ichigo unless Ichigo specifically pulls himself into a lower dimension.

Now, if we placed them in the same dimension, however, and assumed that Manhatten had a way to appear in the spirit world... even if he can withstand Shikai and Bankai, he will be having troubles with Hollow mask Ichigo, and I'm not going to even try Vasto Lorde form, which I believe even Aizen and Genryuusai Yamamoto would get defeated by. It has its weakness of the horns, but one on one it's not going to happen.

And.. then there's Final Getsuga Tensho. Have fun with that.
    Dr. Manhattan teleports to Mars. Ichigo is subsequently quite confused. Officiators call it a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    (that being said, could Dr Manhattan not just use his mad atom nuking powers to destroy Ichigo's real body...?)
    I'm glad at least one person said it. I believe the whole reason that they try their hardest in the anime to keep his body safe is because without it he would be fucked. Sort of like an Akashic projection, if the base is destroyed the projection does not just continue on from where it was, it is recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Even if his real body is destroyed, he can still fight in spirit form. Then, after the fight, he could just get Urahara to send him a fake body that looks exactly like his original body.
    The response a proper fanboy would give.

If needed, Dr. M could just run off to the dark side of the universe to study, provided there is no time limit on said match I am sure even joe blow could learn how to influence the spirit world with basically godly powers after 2 million years of research. Because how is a swordsman with 0 'kido' (aka magical cheating) powers going to keep someone who is practically a god in place long enough to do anything. If you want to go further, on the assumption that Dr. M is immortal he could win without even fighting in the slightest ala Aizen arcs Baraggan Louisenbairn who proved: "death by aging is something that the mind cannot fathom except for the fact that it is inevitable, even for Shinigami." Though honestly I see Barragan as most probably the strongest entity in the Bleach manga as far as raw power and defense goes.

Dr. Manhattan is easily manipulatable.

In pure combat he'd win. But if it's a battle of wits Dr. Manhattan would lose to A LOT of weaklings.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I'm glad at least one person said it. I believe the whole reason that they try their hardest in the anime to keep his body safe is because without it he would be fucked. Sort of like an Akashic projection, if the base is destroyed the projection does not just continue on from where it was, it is recalled.

The response a proper fanboy would give.

If needed, Dr. M could just run off to the dark side of the universe to study, provided there is no time limit on said match I am sure even joe blow could learn how to influence the spirit world with basically godly powers after 2 million years of research. Because how is a swordsman with 0 'kido' (aka magical cheating) powers going to keep someone who is practically a god in place long enough to do anything. If you want to go further, on the assumption that Dr. M is immortal he could win without even fighting in the slightest ala Aizen arcs Baraggan Louisenbairn who proved: "death by aging is something that the mind cannot fathom except for the fact that it is inevitable, even for Shinigami." Though honestly I see Barragan as most probably the strongest entity in the Bleach manga as far as raw power and defense goes.
    Um, I believe when Isshin goes to kill Grand Fissure he mentions that he wants his son to have a body to come back to. Joshiro even says that when they all one day pass on, even Ichigo's friends will likely become Soul Reapers due to their high spirit energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Manhatten wins, which finishes up Round 1.