Deleted

speed difference 250 gb and 500gb

Im not sure if i should buy a 250gb hdd or a 500gb hdd i doubting because i think there is a speed difference , but is this a very high speed difference of wouldnt i notice it im running a 250 hdd my whole life and its enough but if the speed difference is the same then i buy a 500 gb because the price is about 5 € difference

Is there a big speed difference ?

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 03:25 PM ----------

i meant 250gb in the title
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-06-18 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    The 250 and 500 figures refer to the capacity of the drive and not the speed.

The speed should typically be listed as either 5200 rpm or 7200 rpm with the latter being somewhat faster. Hope that helps.

Deleted
    but if i should choose what would be the best choise because the difference is only 5€ ?

Deleted
    500 gb obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZeddd View Post
    but if i should choose what would be the best choise because the difference is only 5€ ?
    Are they the same model? Speed? If they are, 500gb is the obvious choice.

Deleted
    ok they are the same model and speed so 500 gb thnx

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 04:30 PM ----------

http://www.alternate.be/html/pcbuild...=1&tn=BUILDERS
    This is an eco power hdd from western digital but there is no constant rpm is this a good buy or not ?

What do you plan on using the drive for? You don't want to be using a green drive for your OS or games unless you're a masochist. They should only be used to store inactive content, such as the low bandwidth and limited access media like movies and music or backups.

I don't get why you would want to buy a tiny 500GB HDD? I mean you can get 2,5TB = 2500GB (approx) for 100EUR. Buying a 500GB eco hdd (these are very slow hdd only for saving lots of data) is useless.

If you need a system hdd, get a SSD like the Samsung SSD 830 125GB - it costs 100EUR and is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than the one you linked. Feels like you got a brand new pc, promise.

Deleted
    i bought a hdd with 32 mb cashe 500gb from western digital , runs smooth