10+ Year Old Account

What class for 2nd character?

I currently have a level 60 Monk, halfway through A1 Inferno. However, I'm having some pretty major issues, to the point of rarely even wanting to play, most of which seem to stem from being melee and having to be in the mobs' faces. I usually play with my girlfriend, who is a level 60 Demon Hunter. So my question is which class would you suggest I level, to pair with her DH? I'm thinking between Wizard and DH, but I'm open to WD too if that's a much better match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

Deleted
    Wizard works pretty well there, you can actually tank 2-3 hits so you can shield her squishy face from at least a few projectiles and your Blizzard provides good snares for both of you to kite with.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly monk + DH would be a good combo for you and your girl friend.

Post your spec and gear and maybe someone might notice something that you might be able to fix to make your monk more playable

Wizard + DH should have little to no issues. You 2 will be doing a lot of kiting though haha

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Wizard works pretty well there, you can actually tank 2-3 hits so you can shield her squishy face from at least a few projectiles and your Blizzard provides good snares for both of you to kite with.
    IF you wanna go ranged, what Raven said, also Wizard + DH mean you get twice the chance some loot is droping that is useful for either of you (your DH drops go to your friend and her wiz drops go to you, plus each has their own drops).

10+ Year Old Account
    WD have a lot of issues compared to Wiz, if you are switching to ranged go with a Wiz.

Might want to wait until 1.0.3 comes out with the changes to inferno + improved drop rates. I'd like to group with my Monk/Barb friends but it really just makes things harder than it needs to be. I still have to kite cause there is no way to grab agro from my DH and it takes them twice as long to kill thanks to the HP boost (and I swear they still hit them harder even though it's not supposed to up the dmg now).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Post your spec and gear and maybe someone might notice something that you might be able to fix to make your monk more playable
    Oh, I'm sure they would, my monk isn't very well geared. But farming either the gear or the gold to get the gear is such a huge strain on my patience that it's not worth the time to do so, in my opinion. It's nowhere close to fun, which is what I play games for. And sure, if I run into a champion pack that I just simply can't kill, I could start a new game instead of continuing to die, but then I also lose potentially 4-5 stacks of NV.

So it looks like Wizard it is. Luckily I don't really have to buy anything except some MF gear for my monk, then just run through wizard's level-appropriate areas for gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lypo View Post
    So it looks like Wizard it is. Luckily I don't really have to buy anything except some MF gear for my monk, then just run through wizard's level-appropriate areas for gear.
    Why would you waste time doing that? My HC WD is lvl 40 and I hit up the AH every 5 levels for INT+VIT yellows + top notch weapons and already have > 200k still left over with only Nightmare level gold/item drops. You could probably fuel your Wiz 1-59 expense with one run through Act I Inferno if you happened to be completely broke right now.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

15+ Year Old Account
    That would be a misappropriation of time in my opinion. If you want good gear to kill quickly on an alt, there's plenty to be had on the AH, and on the cheap. I've been picking up socketed strength weapons for my barb in the 2k price range.

But I also think you could be doing better with your Monk. I didn't have to spend more than the gold I'd made leveling to make act1 farmable. Do you have any resists? Using the passive 'one with everything' and then putting together a set with medium dex and 1 'unimportant' resist like poison or cold can be done pretty cheaply. Or if it's just things not dying fast enough, a blue 850dps 1h can be had for a pittance.

Deleted
    As people have said, just buy your Wizard's gear off the AH. It is incredibly cheap and the time you save doing that will be time that you can then spend farming on that Wizard at level 60. You'll actually end up with more money in the end and with an easier leveling experience. Not that leveling is hard, but we all like being OP.

You don't need to buy gear, just use what you get and buy a nice weapon every now and then. Early game just needs a fast weapon with a socket to put a red stone in it. 14-28 damage or what it is means a huge boost on a 1.4 weapon unless you get to level 40+ (but that's where you want a weapon with lower level requirement, -10 levels on a level 61 weapon with 600+ DpS is pretty much beast in Hell).
    The most important gear to get while levelling is a helmet with another red stone in it. +19% XP or more is single handedly the biggest boost possible.

I was in EXACTLY the same situation, having A1 in farm with eyes closed but getting 1shot by the first pack on A2.
    I rolled a DH because i liked the idea of more mobility, and they also tend to deal high amounts of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Dh or wiz since u already have a melee. Wd's are really annoying with their casting animations

Deleted
    if you're grouping up you may have troubles if you are both ranged. i'd suggest a war/wiz or war/dh combo to be honest, or just go play solo ranged.