Poll: Worst Blizzard Game?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Poll: What is Blizzard's worst game?

Ok a few cavets:

1. Only core games are included, not expansion packs.
    2. Only games from Blizzard three core franchises are included, starting with WC2.

Obviously it's very difficult to compare a game that came out in the mid or late 90's to one coming out today, but I'm talking about in terms of quality of game FOR THE TIME THAT GAME came out.

Also note, I'm not asking what your least favorite game is, I'm asking what yu think their worst game is. An example would be, if you personally hate the RTS genre or you personally hate the MMO genre, that doesn't automtically make an RTS or MMO their "worst" game, try to judge a game faily based on the quality of the game for it's genre. It's certainly possible that the game you think is the worst is also your least favorite, but I just wanted to draw the distinction.

Also note, worst does not necessarily mean bad. In the Olympics in the 100m dash someone will come in last and they will have done the "worst" for that heat, but that doesn't make them slow.
    Last edited by Zaqwert; 2012-06-19 at 12:41 AM.

1) Forgot Poll
    2) Lost Vikings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzar...ainment#Titles

PS: Dont make a poll only asking for 4-5 things, Blizzard has made a good amount of games.
    Last edited by Eggowaffles; 2012-06-19 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizzard has made a bad game yet. Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft have all had their niches, and are good for different reasons.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I don't think Blizzard has made a bad game yet. Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft have all had their niches, and are good for different reasons.
    Did you read the last sentence of my post? Worst and bad have two different meanings.

Deleted
    worst.. hmm I dunno for i never really played lost vikings or warcraft 1 so i cant say anything. i guess warcraft1 was very inbalanced and had some design flaws from what i saw on husky starcraft who plays some retro games from time to time. I go with this or diablo 3, dont get me wrong i already dumped a lot oftime into it, but blizz failed the randomness of drops and item stats making farming very much undesirable, and buying all your items of the auction house is nowhere as satisfying as finding them or trading them for other good items or producing items with horadric cube/runes, the action is far superior to the other Diablo parts, but progression (items and leveling is not) when you got all chars through inferno youre done and thats it, PvP want change that because its impossible to balance.

Why did you drop WC1?

inb4 massive rose-tinted glasses invasion voting for WoW and diablo 3 as the worst games blizzard ever made.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Diablo 3 for me.

It felt so short for me, The reused boar model for DH was just upsetting, Diablos actual mechanics were just copy pasted. Gone back to good ol Torchlight/Titanquest and D2.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-19 at 12:39 AM.

Diablo 3 by far. What a disappointment.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't pick Diablo 3 to be snarky, but because it simply failed to evolve the series. The game was a complete fan service to Diablo 2 fans, and is riddled with bad gameplay decisions (online only, AH to get your gear, launch failures, etc). Not a bad game, but just a very VERY conservative and formulaic one.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    worst poll ever.
    i'd go with blackthorne...didn't like that game at all - rather played lost vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    inb4 massive rose-tinted glasses invasion voting for WoW and diablo 3 as the worst games blizzard ever made.
    Funny you say that, it appears early results show WoW getting very few votes and the games getting the most votes outside of D3 are the oldest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I didn't pick Diablo 3 to be snarky, but because it simply failed to evolve the series. The game was a complete fan service to Diablo 2 fans, and is riddled with bad gameplay decisions (online only, AH to get your gear, launch failures, etc). Not a bad game, but just a very VERY conservative and formulaic one.
    still, based on the OP's request: do you believe diablo 3 is worst than diablo 1? it may not have added much, but it added something. do remember diablo 1 only had 3 classes at launch.

my vote went to WC2 (it would be WC1 if WC1 was there). it was a good game, but I feel all the other games on the list are at the very least slightly better than WC2.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

This poll doesn't work. Worst always implies bad, always. No matter how you try to quantify it in your post, it will always translate as "Which game did Blizzard make that you think sucked ass?"

It's a loaded question. It's like asking.. "What do you think is better: Murder or Rape?"

Rift /rimshot. IDK I liked all the Blizzard stuff I got, except maybe some parts of Starcraft 1 so I'll vote that one.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    The community.

This thread is inviting a flame war.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Funny you say that, it appears early results show WoW getting very few votes and the games getting the most votes outside of D3 are the oldest ones.
    When you take WoW and D3 out, you're basically left with nothing but the oldest titles... (except SC2)

I wouldn't put World of Warcraft as a single game. It changes so much with each expansion it might as well be listed as a separate game. I mean there's probably more differences between WotLK and Vanilla than between SC1 and SC2
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    Why did you drop WC1?
    Or Blackthorne, Lost Vikings, Norse by Norsewest: The Return of the Lost Vikings, Justice League Task Force, and Rock & Roll Racing?

IMHO, their worst game was Norse by Norsewest. It just didn't have the same appeal to me that its predecessor, Lost Vikings, had. Making Erik, Baleog, and Olaf cybernetically enhanced vikings was kinda dumb.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2012-06-19 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    D3 for now, they may fix it to where I want to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.