Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Jeez I wish I couldn't believe all this DK hate, but I guess it's the same stuff hunters and pallys dealt with for years, so it's all good, but still, damn.
    The only class more brainlessly successful than Marksmanship is (DK) Frost.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Play druid, all 3 viable specs will be op in mop unless they nerf wild and nature's swiftness.

us warlocks are totally bitching!

Deleted
    Affli, frost and resto sham

Quote Originally Posted by crylo View Post
    Okay, so tell me if this is right.

You're telling me you aren't going to turn it into a discussion because I'm hiding behind something, when in actuality I only stated that to make sure you remained calm, and so you knew that I was not stating I was right but instead just what I personally think? I stated it so we could have an actual discussion and not a clash of "I'm right, you're wrong, I don't want to hear it!" which is what it seems like it'll turn out to be. Also, maybe I misinterpreted you as being aggressive, but "there ya fucking go" amongst emphasizing things I wasn't even really talking about isn't really calm to me.

Anyways, if you think it's wrong then go ahead and point out holes in my opinion, simple as that. If you don't want to discuss this then don't.

------------------------------------------------

I stated that it was better to take minimal damage as opposed to blinking in some scenarios when you're gripped because of the comps DKs generally play, and it also depends if they're Frost or Unholy, as well. I never really talk about 1v1 by the way, I should've stated that earlier.

If you get caught with a followup stun with any of the normal comps that DKs run you generally will have to use either your trinket or an Ice Block, unless your team mates react fast enough, your healer in particular, given he isn't CCed or silenced. You make yourself vulnerable to stuns and roots after blinking for 15s, while if you take minimal damage you won't have to worry about a follow up because you can still get away from them if needed. So basically, you are preserving your CDs because you don't have to waste them on what they might do after you Blink if they've already planned it, and the damage you'll take is likely less than if they got you in a stun and stuck on you.

And that's where "unless you are sure they won't follow it up with something else then sure" comes in. I will do one or the other based on what they have up and do.
    Only skimmed through that, it was as I thought, this conversation started with "why mages are easy to play" not "how every cd should be expertly timed and used against any setup you wish to consider" which you seem so very keen on trying to change the subject too, plus you just keep adding in ifs and buts to try and justify your argument. As I said in 99% of cases and in the low level of play that this person who I aimed this at originally is probably not high rated, and therefore does not need to worry about a team following up with x and y, and even if they did you have a team of your own to counter with x and y's. See what I did there? I did what you did and added in new rules to the conversation and completely derailed it from its original context. You can justify just about any bs by saying "use your teamates not x" or "their team can use x and y".

Which actually brings me back to a point, what exactly are you trying to prove?

Ok, here's the #1 tip for players who look for the "right" PvP class:
    You can *NEVER* go wrong with: Mage, Rogue, Priest, Warlock. Ever. These classes have been Rank 1 viable in pretty much every single fucking season. There's not much doubt that this will continue. They are well-designed classes which bring a lot of good stuff to the table for PvP, and they work well in multiple comps.
    If you're really unsure about what to play, or paranoid that you might not be useful enough, roll one of these classes. Period.

Rogue, Warlock and Mage are pretty safe choises.
    All 3 easy to learn and they never get nerfed to the ground.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Ok, here's the #1 tip for players who look for the "right" PvP class:
    You can *NEVER* go wrong with: Mage, Rogue, Priest, Warlock
    I fail to see how priest can be put on the same tier as mage, rogue or warlock, just saying. Viable yes, but certainly nowhere near faceroll which the other 3 classes debatably are and generally their comps are carried by the mage or rogue. IIRC the start of wrath was horrible for priests, and I dont think the start of cata was great for them either? Could be wrong on the last point, was changing classes a lot around the start of cata remember there was definitely something that changed with priests before they became viable, pretty sure most of them went shadow for things like rmp at the start of cata for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox7 View Post
    IIRC the start of wrath was horrible for priests, and I dont think the start of cata was great for them either? Could be wrong on the last point, was changing classes a lot around the start of cata remember there was definitely something that changed with priests before they became viable, pretty sure most of them went shadow for things like rmp at the start of cata for example.
    Yeah, at the start of Cataclysm Priest's were the worst class to play in PvP, both Shadow and Disc. :>
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Atm, Shadow Priests are crazy strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I fail to see how priest can be put on the same tier as mage, rogue or warlock, just saying. Viable yes, but certainly nowhere near faceroll which the other 3 classes debatably are and generally their comps are carried by the mage or rogue. IIRC the start of wrath was horrible for priests, and I dont think the start of cata was great for them either? Could be wrong on the last point, was changing classes a lot around the start of cata remember there was definitely something that changed with priests before they became viable, pretty sure most of them went shadow for things like rmp at the start of cata for example.
    Priests were only very shortly weak (start of S9), which was fixed fast because it was clearly unintended. Since the rest of S9 (and during WoTLK) they were fine.
    And no class of them is "faceroll", they are among the classes with the highest skill cap. (Rogue still having the highest one)

Only skimmed through that, it was as I thought, this conversation started with "why mages are easy to play" not "how every cd should be expertly timed and used against any setup you wish to consider" which you seem so very keen on trying to change the subject too, plus you just keep adding in ifs and buts to try and justify your argument. As I said in 99% of cases and in the low level of play that this person who I aimed this at originally is probably not high rated, and therefore does not need to worry about a team following up with x and y, and even if they did you have a team of your own to counter with x and y's. See what I did there? I did what you did and added in new rules to the conversation and completely derailed it from its original context. You can justify just about any bs by saying "use your teamates not x" or "their team can use x and y".

Which actually brings me back to a point, what exactly are you trying to prove?
    As I said, "I was quoting your statement and not equating what the other guy (the guy you were quoting) was saying" meaning that I was not talking about the same things you two were in the first place. I was talking about what you stated and only that.

You basically said exactly what I had said already btw.. the only difference is I stated it as a possibility instead of as a given because there is more than one possible situation.. which is what I was saying in essence the entire time: you need to be more aware of your situation, not just follow a simplistic 'rule' because things happen.

But if you want to dismiss that because you're talking about "low-end play" (when it applies to that, as well) then so be it. Peace.
    Last edited by crylo; 2012-06-29 at 01:45 PM. Reason: "Saif" :P

Quote Originally Posted by crylo View Post
    As I said, "I was quoting your statement and not equating what the other guy (the guy you were quoting) was saying" meaning that I was not talking about the same things you two were in the first place. I was talking about what you stated and only that.

You basically said exactly what I had said already btw.. the only difference is I stated it as a possibility instead of as a given because there is more than one possible situation.. which is what I was saying in essence the entire time: you need to be more aware of your situation, not just follow a simplistic 'rule' because things happen.

But if you want to dismiss that because you're talking about "low-end play" (when it applies to that, as well) then so be it. Peace.
    You make absolutely no fucking sense, talking in circles, it sounds more like your talking to yourself than someone else, I have literally no clue wtf you are trying to say..... the only thing that made any sense was really your last sentence, and to that I have to say this we were always talking about low end players if they are claiming mages are a hard class to play.
    You may interpret what we were talking about whatever way you want, I was talking about mages being an easy class, your trying to talk about completely irrelevant points, and your the one replying to me wtf are you on about with im agreeing with you???

Ps im not dismissing anything, your talking about completely random shit that has nothing to do with what im talking about.....and you dont really seem able to drop this or even form a sentence to calm down and explain what it actually is your trying to say......

Edit - Ok sorry I am dismissing your argument because correct me if im wrong but I read it as "No im right you are supposed to save blink its a cd and I would much rather tank their damage as a mage instead of kiting them"
    Last edited by Paradox7; 2012-06-29 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The only class more brainlessly successful than Marksmanship is (DK) Frost.
    Marksmanship
    brainlessly successful
    Oh man, what? Hahahaha

You make absolutely no fucking sense, talking in circles, it sounds more like your talking to yourself than someone else, I have literally no clue wtf you are trying to say..... the only thing that made any sense was really your last sentence, and to that I have to say this we were always talking about low end players if they are claiming mages are a hard class to play.
    You may interpret what we were talking about whatever way you want, I was talking about mages being an easy class, your trying to talk about completely irrelevant points, and your the one replying to me wtf are you on about with im agreeing with you???

Ps im not dismissing anything, your talking about completely random shit that has nothing to do with what im talking about.....and you dont really seem able to drop this or even form a sentence to calm down and explain what it actually is your trying to say......

Edit - Ok sorry I am dismissing your argument because correct me if im wrong but I read it as "No im right you are supposed to save blink its a cd and I would much rather tank their damage as a mage instead of kiting them"
    Is English not your native language? Here, I'll say it as simple as I can.

I told you in my second post that I was not talking about Mage being an easy class. If I had been I would have responded to all of your post. I did not. I only quoted one bit of your post. That was what I was talking about. I was not talking about what you were talking about with the other guy. Understand? I was trying to start a different discussion.

Now, make sure to read this. Word for word.

"I think if you can get away with another method of escape while taking minimal damage then you should use that way instead"

Minimal means a small amount, it does not mean tank them. If you cannot get away and know you cannot, then yes you should blink, you should not tank them. I was talking about kiting them the entire time, by the way. That's why I mentioned "Frost Nova" in the same exact post.

I was not saying you are agreeing with me. I was saying you said the same exact scenario that I did.. except you said that they can counter the other people and acted as if it was absolute while I said it was a possibility. I thought you would realize that I was talking about the scenario because your last post was included in mine and I said "situation". I guess I should have directly quoted myself, here you go.. "will have to use either your trinket or an Ice Block, unless your team mates react fast enough, your healer in particular, given he isn't CCed or silenced."

Clear enough for you? It'll have to do. "Peace" was where I dropped it last time, by the way. So once again, peace, as in, Bye.
    Last edited by crylo; 2012-06-29 at 04:35 PM.

If you just want to be casually doing bg's and maybe some world pvp then with a mage you can never go wrong. However, there is absolutely no way to be sure what classes will be good in the arena's, its too early. Id say wait a couple of months before you start leveling an alt just to be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages are ridiculous now and look to be even more so in Mists. Fire is just stupid now.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Not on the same tier as Mage & Rogue, but tied with Shaman for the only 2 hybrid classes that are top dog. Imo it's more like this:

1. Frost Mage= Sub Rogue
    2. Aff Lock
    3. Resto Shaman=Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Yeah, at the start of Cataclysm Priest's were the worst class to play in PvP, both Shadow and Disc. :>
    How were they the worst? Not being sarcastic, i actually don't remember. In any case Disc still shot up to be one of the top 2 healers and shadow is doing pretty well right now too. As usual melee dominate early expansion and casters dominate late expansion, with the exception of mages & rogues that dominate through out :S

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Not on the same tier as Mage & Rogue, but tied with Shaman for the only 2 hybrid classes that are top dog. Imo it's more like this:

1. Frost Mage= Sub Rogue
    2. Aff Lock
    3. Resto Shaman=Disc Priest

How were they the worst? Not being sarcastic, i actually don't remember. In any case Disc still shot up to be one of the top 2 healers and shadow is doing pretty well right now too. As usual melee dominate early expansion and casters dominate late expansion, with the exception of mages & rogues that dominate through out :S
    Yep I agree with the list and order you have exactly atm, the problem was/is disc relies on casting more than any other healer renew is a 2-4k hot with/without grace stacked + our only other instants worth mentioning are PW:S 15 sec cd, so when it comes down to being trained priests can have a hard time staying alive unless they get the juke fast, really the difference between good and bad priests is when they use inner focus.
    As for why priests were bad at the start of the expac it was they didnt have inner focus and I think they got their shields buffed quite a lot?? Could be wrong on both parts as it was a friend playing priest back then and I was on my druid/sham near the start of cata, they were definitely in dead last spot between the healers when it came to survivability. Plus as you said meles dominate early expac + cloth healer = freewin for tsg, and other cleaves at the time and dont even fucking get me started on necrotic strike the increase on cast time is just overkill for that spell vs priests.
    Last edited by Paradox7; 2012-06-29 at 06:44 PM.

Hunter looks to be great in mop, they are awesome now in pve and really underated in pvp, they are doing great in arena atm with good burst and cc.