Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had 6 legendaries, and a set item drop in maybe 170 hours played. I've never had more than 210% MF (counting 5 stacks and maybe a buff).

My farming set has roughly 115-120 MF (goes up or down a tad sometimes when I replace an item).

Now, that may seem lucky, but here's the thing: of those 7 pieces, only ONE was even remotely good enough to sell. The rest were so god awful, I couldn't pay someone to take it. At least the ring sold for a bundle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendarys suck balls 80% of the time anyways.

Think, whats the chances of getting a good item?
    Now think, Whats the chances of getting a legendary?
    K now, Whats the chances of the item being both of the above?

All 6 of my legendarys have been terrible! I'd rather see them drop alot less and have somewhat decent stats rather than as frequent as they have been dropping (for my anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Think people assume to much when it's about Magic Find. As an example, if you have 300% Magic Find and something has a 1% droprate, it means you have 4% chance of getting that item. That is still a really low number, but I believe Legendaries in Diablo III have even lower droprate by default which means even lower chance to get them.

Not counting the stupid lvl 30 legendary sword from pony lands(spectrum(ive found 11 of these though)). I have found 3 Inna Glory, 1 Blackthorne legs(forget their exact name), 2 legendary daibos, 2 angel hair belts.

So before shit spectrum ive found 8 total(running 180% mf in dps gear before 5stack).

Really legendaries are hardly worth caring about dropping until they get buffed. Only a select few legendaries are good for each class. Half or more of your slots Rares are better(and are worth more).

Just don't worry about shitty RNG and just farm and hope for good loot. I spent like 5-7 hours on sat and sun and made 25m and 195 bucks. Farming The Second Heart in Heart of Sin till Azmo dies. Sometimes I go 8runs with like 1 item worth 500k and i salvage everything else. Thats what this game is about farm farm farm farm until you die of farming. Hope for loot.

Plus as the guy above said. 300% mf on an item with sub 1% chance to drop is still gonna be sub 1% chance to drop(which legendaries are prob like .1(300% mf makes it .3). MF in the end is worth using even though it may not seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    You bought the expansion for Diablo 2 for those "fixes", too, so your point falls flatter than a pancake.
    and I expected diablo 3 would improve upon a 10 year olds game expansion. Not revert to something worse that they already fixed. That's not an unreasonable expectation and why you defend them about that is beyond me. Theirs a word for people who do that..

I've gotten 21 legendaries. Only one has been really good. I was running between 185 and 255 magic item find. It went up as my gear improved.

1 angel hair braid
    1 monk set fist weapon
    2 demon hunter 1 handed set crosssbows
    1 demon hunter set chest piece
    1 tashra's bp
    1 skorn
    1 hellwrack
    2 grinreaper voodoo mask
    1 calamity
    1 nailbiter
    1 wizard set wand
    1 skycutter
    1 sledge of athskleng
    1 gladiator gauntlets
    1 logan's claw
    2 grandfather
    1 barbarian set weapon
    1 Ouroboros

Of that giant list, only Ouroboros has been really good. The Tal Rasha bp was alright...rolled gold/magic find. I sold alot of the set pieces for really low amounts on the RMAH because they pretty much were worthless. The biggest thing is just putting your time in. Your kill rate is really important too. If you are killing an elite pack per 10 minutes, its got to really influence your drop rate...so it is always about how much MF gear can you use and still kill quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    and I expected diablo 3 would improve upon a 10 year olds game expansion. Not revert to something worse that they already fixed. That's not an unreasonable expectation and why you defend them about that is beyond me. Theirs a word for people who do that..
    Except that I do not think that Diablo 3 is a regression of Diablo 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Except that I do not think that Diablo 3 is a regression of Diablo 2?
    It is in item design. I'll wait till the expansion comes out and they "fix" item design and you praise them for it. HILARIOUS. Also I didn't really ask what you thought. Thanks for sharing though, I was confused for a bit about how big of fan of the game you were before. It wasn't clear to me how much you loved diablo and how unable you were to find any fault in it. Now it's clear. Now I can see you for what you are..

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post

My question is, for those farming with a high amount of Magic Find, how many legendarys have you received?!

• Make sure to list out how much MF you believe you had at the time.
    286% Magicfind gear; farming elite packs/bosses/trash: 0 legendaries (Orange/green).
    ~23% MF progressiongear: Treasure Goblin dropped it. 1 Legendary. Some Orange lvl 60 weapon with Int & Vita, Sun-something.
    ~23%+5xNV: 1 Legendary. A Orange lvl 60 Monk-head.

Sidenote: With the MF gear, some bonepiles has dropped yellow items. I see more blues from random mobs as well. I still haven't found a weapon above 900dps yet, though. (Heck, I've found a White with 605dps(!)).
    - Green/Orange drops "often" for a guy i know. I belive he has gotten his 40th no so long ago. He doesn't use MF gear, he's just plain lucky all the time, no matter what game he plays. !FUUU! (clarification: He play's the game constantly. I play it for max 4hours a day, so I don't get too bored with it)

Oh well; like in D2... It'll come. Eventually.
    Last edited by Strafferen; 2012-06-19 at 09:05 AM.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not been Goblin farming for about 2 weeks now; however in the time that i did, within the space of 2 days (using 225% MF) i obtained 3 legendary items while farming with my girlfriend (she found one).

2 were worth selling. In fact, this morning the shield i found sold for £90
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

Deleted
    A question here, ive ran ponyland with 225% magic find and have gotten a few more rares/run
    But i clear the place twice as fast in my dps kit, should i just murder all ponies with dps kit and then go cloud looting with MF set?

I have like 120 MF with dps kit and 5 stacks 225 with magic find kit and stacks

Edit: somehow quoted myself.
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2012-06-19 at 09:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    A question here, ive ran ponyland with 225% magic find and have gotten a few more rares/run
    But i clear the place twice as fast in my dps kit, should i just murder all ponies with dps kit and then go cloud looting with MF set?

I have like 120 MF with dps kit and 5 stacks 225 with magic find kit and stacks

Edit: somehow quoted myself.
    inferno yes, hell...kind of a waste of time(though i still do it), nightmare and norm ponies i'd say it is a waste.
    --edit-- ALWAYS worth it for pinatas no matter difficulty
    Last edited by Christan; 2012-06-19 at 09:54 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Running around 300 mf farming azmodan inferno, 0 legendaries thus far!

MF gives you a chance for better loot, say the mob normally drops blue and sometimes yellow, MF increases the chance its going to be a yellow. I had champion packs drop 3 yellows with about 310mf.

Diablofans site showed some statistics, so according to it, without MF taken into account (data from both - players with 0 MF and with >0 MF):
    Chance of legendary to drop from elite: 0.022%.
    Chance of legendary to drop from normal mob: 0.0018%.
    MF is a function which is supposed to works like this: DropChance*(1+f(MF)), where f(MF) is supposed to be equal to MF*0.01.
    Assuming those numbers were taken with MF=0, with 353%MF those numbers would be:
    - from elites: 0.09966%
    - from normal mobs: 0.008172%
    It means that on average, if you have 353 MF, you need to kill 1000 elites, or 12500 normal mobs to have 50/50 chance of obtaining legendary quality item.

Assuming that boss counts as double elite (in terms of drops with NVx5), you need to kill 500 bosses to have 50/50 chance of obtaining legendary quality item.

I hope this math won't depress you much:P
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-06-19 at 10:03 AM.

Is it now that i need to tell you, that with around 10% magic find, from lvl 17 to 60 i found 8 legendary's.. And last night i found a quiver, shield, and a 1 hand sword legendary.

I have been exstreamly lucky, were my friends havent.
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

I have about 400 hours played, 350+ on my wizard. I've personally found probably 20 or 30 legendaries. After about 200 hours and 70 hours on my barb, I finally got serious about MF'ing and organized with my buddies and we all got 270 mf without stacks. With 110k dps on my wizard, and our dh having a 1450 dps bow, we shred through crap. We have about 3 methods to farm act 3 and get like 2-3 rares every 1-5 mintues, either without stacks, or sometimes we get NV stacks and kill siegebreaker. SB runs take about 10-15 minutes, and we get 7-13 rares depending.

With NV stacks we definitely see an increase in the rate we get legendaries, and I think they have a hidden benefit to unlocking their drop potential. Also I've noticed that some legendaries have a location specific to their type. Weapons are always crap, but armor can be quite nice ;]. Found three andy's helms and such...wish I could figure out where to find a tyrael's might...

Just did some mfing on and off this weekend..probably took about 10 hours in all 3 days. I only got 2 legendaries out of that run, tal rasha's helm and a cinder coat LOL. My girlfriend found another andy's helm rushing a friend through to 60 in hell act 4, 129 dex with a socket, 13% ias...lol so lucky.

Anyway, magic find really matters on elite mob kills. They're almost a waste of time if you don't have a mf set to swap to before they die. For bosses like siegebreaker or azmodan, it doesn't matter how much mf gear you put on, if you have 5 stacks you're guaranteed some rares. Though even then, MF gear will still help more of the many guaranteed drops proc into rares, and I think they even make it more possible to find legends aside from the obvious mf bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It is in item design. I'll wait till the expansion comes out and they "fix" item design and you praise them for it. HILARIOUS. Also I didn't really ask what you thought. Thanks for sharing though, I was confused for a bit about how big of fan of the game you were before. It wasn't clear to me how much you loved diablo and how unable you were to find any fault in it. Now it's clear. Now I can see you for what you are..
    Making claims about my entire opinion of the game is ridiculous on your part. I think it is an improvement over Diablo 2, yes, but perfect? You really have not been paying attention if you believe that I do not think there are improvements that could be made. Yet, what would I expect from someone who has been shouting "fanboy" every time a person disagrees with you?

Neither did I ask what you thought. Though, I do not wish to be a hypocrite, since making statements like that is just a way for you to undermine anyone who does not agree with you. It is not exactly a discussion if we're going to make the opposition be quiet.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-06-19 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    u know how magic find works in diablo right ?

Lets say X legendary has 0.0001 % chance to drop.
    U get 300% MF , that 0.0001 becones 0.0004 % . Yes u're 4 times more likely to find it , but its still 0.0004 %.

Personally i faceroll everything as fast as i can with max damage gear , 150H played , have 2 stash pages full with legendaries ,crap ones and god ones .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    inferno yes, hell...kind of a waste of time(though i still do it), nightmare and norm ponies i'd say it is a waste.
    --edit-- ALWAYS worth it for pinatas no matter difficulty
    I only run the inferno version, but does this mean magicfind kit on or off? (cept for pinatas n clouds)