Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question 353% MF and Legendarys

I've been farming for a week consecutively with 353% MF with 5 NV stacks and have managed to obtain only one legendary.
    While I know RNG plays a factor, this is quite frustrating considering the MF % but I'll keep on grinding.

My question is, for those farming with a high amount of Magic Find, how many legendarys have you received?!

• Make sure to list out how much MF you believe you had at the time.

Deleted
    I have one on hardcore that requires level 18 and I had 0% magic find when I found it.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Up until yesterday I have not gotten any legendaries. Then yesterday while just killing things solo (ZK Dungeon) I got a legendary bow, and then today farming pony level (just clearing the place, not wearing MF yet) I got some bracers. So both times I had a 5 stack and a helm gem, so around 96 MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've bounced between 200% and 0% MF and I've found 2, and 1 legendary recipe. All just by leveling, I don't farm.

All were garbage, though.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I have had 5 legend drops and 2 set drops all with 5 nv stacks and sub 30% MF on gear. This over the course of about a week.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I've farmed about 30 hours, (all in Whimsyshire) over the last 4 days I've seen 3 legendaries drop, and none of them were any good. I don't wear magic find when killing packs, unless they're ponies, then I have 361%, I also have 361% when opening the clouds and pinatas.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I've farmed about 30 hours, (all in Whimsyshire) over the last 4 days I've seen 3 legendaries drop, and none of them were any good. I don't wear magic find when killing packs, unless they're ponies, then I have 361%, I also have 361% when opening the clouds and pinatas.
    Inferno or Hell Whimsyshire?

10+ Year Old Account
    MF just gives you a chance at more drops...it doesnt give you a chance at BETTER drops. This is a misconception. RNG is RNG, no matter how many items drop.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

I have over 300 hours played and have not seen 1 legendary drop. Probably done about 40 hours of MF farming.

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Inferno or Hell Whimsyshire?
    Inferno. /10chars

I don't really have any magic find, or minimal if it happens to be on the gear I was using. But i've had

1x Skorn 2h axe
    2x Hellrack 2h Crossbow
    1x Some crap 1h crossbow
    1x Dead mans quiver
    1x Magefist gloves
    1x Some lvl45 1h mace, decent.
    1x Some crap shoulders
    1x Tal Rashas Guardianship chest armour
    1x some crap staff

Maybe some others but I can't remember, I have probably 300hours played total between 3 lvl60 chars, mostly on my Barbarion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    MF just gives you a chance at more drops...it doesnt give you a chance at BETTER drops. This is a misconception. RNG is RNG, no matter how many items drop.
    Wrong. MF gives the items that drop a chance at being of a better quality. But a Legendary have such a low % of dropping that having a really huge amount of MF doesn't improve it that much.

I've dropped 4 legendaries, 2 while leveling (so not much MF%) and 2 while farming with only 5 NV buffs with maybe a 15% bonus on 1 item. I'm not stacking MF for now still got bad gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Wrong. MF gives the items that drop a chance at being of a better quality. But a Legendary have such a low % of dropping that having a really huge amount of MF doesn't improve it that much.

I've dropped 4 legendaries, 2 while leveling (so not much MF%) and 2 while farming with only 5 NV buffs with maybe a 15% bonus on 1 item. I'm not stacking MF for now still got bad gear.
    no,you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    no,you are wrong.
    No, you are wrong.

Q: In Diablo 2, from my understanding, magic find took the base item of a predetermined loot table, and gave you a higher chance of rolling a higher quality version of that item. In Diablo 3, this no longer seems to be the case and with loot tables being so vast now, magic find seems almost too arbitrary, it just doesn’t feel like it’s worth it. Could you explain exactly how magic find affects item drops in Diablo 3, as a lot of people seem to be unsure how the mechanic has changed from Diablo 2?

A: The mechanic is exactly the same as Diablo 2, and as you describe it hear.
    And the loot tables are not more vast than D2 because we don't allow items to drop below level 50 in Inferno.

That is a blue talking in the answer.

Source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1236-...lert-linkedin/

(just ctrl-f "magic find")

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Found 2 hellrack as 60 legendary and 5 or 6 lower level one
    Running around 100%MF + 5 stack so around to 180-200%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post

And the loot tables are not more vast than D2 because we don't allow items to drop below level 50 in Inferno.

That is a blue talking in the answer.
    Bullshit. My first rare in Inferno was level 47.

Farming Inferno act 1/2 with ~100% MF (w/ 5 stacks). I've got 10 legendaries.

7 were shit, 3 were decent (600K, 2M, 10M).

Mate has amazing luck - 12M Stormshield, 8M Justice lantern, 1M WD Helm, 4M Bul-Kathos Wedding Band.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Bullshit. My first rare in Inferno was level 47.
    Not trying to call BS... but I have been doing tons of Inferno farming, and I don't think I have seen anything below level 50 on rares except rares with Level Reduction, which doesn't count. Could be wrong though, I haven't farmed Act 1 in weeks.

Honestly Legendary items are really RNG, I've gotten probably 5-6 of them without any MF stacking. It really doesn't seem to help at all. They all sucked, but oh well! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is really good at getting legendaries to drop...oh snap! It's funny nobody is getting any legendaries and both AH's are swamped with them, guess nobody can put 2+2 together.
    Facilis Descensus Averno