150k, say hello to the new Jack Thompson

unless you guys been living under a rock FeministFreq decided she wanted more attention and made a kickstarter to talk about videogames, as if the e-begging from her other videos werent enough she decided to ride the faux feminist movement that is popular this year thanks to politics.

kickstarter.com/projects/566429325/tropes-vs-women-in-video-games?ref=card

of course anyone with half a brain would know what would come of this. but hey! its a woman! so lets turn it up to 11!
    she baited the stupid teens into talking shit to her and she played herself as a victim, the very same thing she said she was against, like all E-beggers she is full of crap.

i just want her to post those stupid videos to see if theres anyone thats gonna call her on the BS she is (definitively) gonna spew. she is no gamer, she is just using pop media to further the feminazi movement. watch her videos and responses, its not the first time she has adressed videogames and already believes videogames desensitised ppl, so she can go F herself. she is the new Jack Thompson.

i mean seriously. DID ANYONE FORGET F'ING JACK THOMPSON? did anyone seriously forget that he received the same type of threats as this gal received? anyone with an perceived agenda against videogames is gonna get the same treatment, but screw logic and facts as long as it forwards your agenda.

theres now a stupid (quasi) response to anita's agenda in the form of "An analysis of male roles and misandry present in modern video game media"
    indiegogo.com/misandryinvideogames
    but of course that wont make even half of the money FemFreq has made (here comes a new car! $$$).

10+ Year Old Account
    Your post sounds a tad bit biased and confrontational. Also, I have no clue who you are talking about and can assure you I do not live under any rocks=D.
    Last edited by bekilrwale; 2012-06-19 at 03:24 AM.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Yea, no clue what the context is here.

So if you hate this person so much, why are you giving her more publicity? Unless you are this FremFreq yourself, and bumping your own argument to try to make this into a bigger deal?

I have figured you out, Keyboard Turner.

Guess it's true then, I have been living under a rock cuz I don't know who you're talking about. But if it's a new Jack Thompson then... I couldn't care much anyway, would just leave us with another silly person who spews stupidity, along with anyone dumb enough to listen to said person.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if you hate this person so much, why are you giving her more publicity? Unless you are this FremFreq yourself, and bumping your own argument to try to make this into a bigger deal?

This, completely.

Wtf is this? I don't even

15+ Year Old Account
    I do understand that women in video games are a all of few certain types but so are men. And aren't you a little late for the party? I mean Hollywood has been doing this for how many years now? All main roles are filled with beautiful/handsome guys/gals, why should games be any different.

And in reference to "women should be in kitchen" attitude in games, honestly I must have missed it and I play a lot of games. Most, if not all, female characters in games are hard-to-get kickass type. Also while we are at it what's with "men are pigs/sex slaves" mentality in games and movies?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who?

*goes back under her rock* ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Guess it's true then, I have been living under a rock cuz I don't know who you're talking about. But if it's a new Jack Thompson then... I couldn't care much anyway, would just leave us with another silly person who spews stupidity, along with anyone dumb enough to listen to said person.
    ^QFT. I have no clue who this FreFreq is, and don't much care to learn anything about whoever it is/hear anything she[?] has to say - especially after seeing the name Jack Thompson mentioned in any form of likeness to "FremFreq".

#FlightIsImportant

She talks like they don't do the same for male characters in video games. I don't see many guys who walk around looking like Kratos, do you? Theres just as much eye candy for girls as there is for guys in video games. And traditionally the video game demographic has been dominated by males, that's not to say all males who play video games only care for babes booze and blowing things up. Take Zelda for example, in Ocarina of Time (spoiler alert on a game over a decade old) Zelda takes the roll of a mysterious man in order to help Link on his quest, or in Wind Waker (once again, spoiler alert on a game nearly a decade old) Zelda isn't even Zelda for half the game, she's a pirate captain until she realizes who she really is. Now the appearance of Zelda is another thing, she's never scantily dressed, she's always very classy and elegant.

There are games made specifically for the macho man. Taking aim at how woman are portrayed in them is no better than calling for a more realistic man in romance novels which is something where the demographic is for woman looking for a sexual thrill using FANTASY. Women like this need to open their eyes and see the benefits they have and not just the ones the males receive.

Deleted
    Oh c'mon, it's another one of the extremist "X needs to have the same as Y!"

I chose to ignore it and move on. While she MAY have quite a few very valid and good points, the aim at a broad audience for the sake of cash makes her lose any credibility and validity for me, and I'd hope anyone with half a brain would consider the same thing.

It's stupid these days. Slap "Feminist" or "Racism" or "Slavery" to anything and you got a fundraiser. If you need those tools to raise awareness on your issue, you're not raising anything worth considering. Really.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Jack Thompson.... Really? Some random nobody on the internet? Are YOU FeministFreq? This topic seems pretty pretentious....

Okay now I see a story on GamePolitics, bleh I haven't gone there frequently since the site changed hands.. Still some random nobody with zero connections, influence or power whatsoever
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 2012-06-19 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

Yeah, have to say it's pretty odd that OP would make an account for this single post.

God damnit, it's called making a product specific for a population. It's marketing and business 101. You want to make a video game, great, what is the population that will give you maximum profits? 65-80 yr old females? How 'bout 5-11 females...? No, the largest video game base is 13-25ish males, and what do they like? Well kinda obvious here...

You know what's sexist here? Why do doll companies market towards girls!!! THATS SEXIST!!!!! EVERYONE SHOULD GET TO PLAY WITH DOLLS!!!!

Closing this down because I have no illusions that this won't go downhill quickly given the subject matter at hand and what's gone on with it already.