Official Rift Livestream Wednesday! Conquest/1.9/Q&A/Storm Legion

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...questions.html

3:30 EST. Q&A, Demo for Conquest, Demo for 1.9 Features and some talk about Storm Legion!!! They will be doing these on a regular basis and have a "Livestream Team" now.

10+ Year Old Account
    w82go trion .. can't wait to see some of these features (pts is too much work ) crossing fingers for some good bard changes in storm legion..

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't come across the YouTube recording yet so you'll have to watch the one on twitch..

http://www.twitch.tv/riftgame/b/322156422

I've just this minute posted that in a new thread, didn't realise there was already one open. Dev free to close my new topic if no constructive conversation starts there.

Deleted
    Probably can't watch anything until monday evening.
    However, reading official forum conquest seem to still have problem and especially faction imbalance. Either nightfall or fall. I'm still holding on to the idea that they would just have made three random teams. Now people got the illusion that factions are important or mean something and will be harder to take away. Probably harder to fix as well. But if they don't fix it, conquest will be broken in the long run. Balance is always what makes of breaks pvp, is it really that hard to learn?
    Hopefully patch isn't released next week then and that they get their act together to really sort this out. I want it to work, especially with all bad rep rift pvp has received =/

I think the main problem with the faction balance is that first of all very few people go to the PTS, and secondly that it seems to balance in blocks of 20, as once there were 20 Nightfall players you could no longer queue up for that faction, only the other two.

I think on the live servers this will be less of an issue as a lot of people will be queuing, and although Nightfall has been the most popular faction on the PTS, guild/premade groups will use the less popular groups to queue so that they can all be together and work as a team.

I do think however that the balancing should be in blocks of ten or five, during the quieter hours. Though remember that there is only one conquest going on at any time in each wargroup, afaik. So it should always be busy, and always possible to get large scale warfare. I'm actually pretty excited for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Elrar has posted up the YouTube video of that Livestream Q&A, enjoy