Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    My head hurts just thinking about this... Ouch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    I believe scholars are looking for a triple entendre that can be stated and assume 3 different meanings, BUT without any explanation, or specific prior background knowledge, or artificial scenario.
    If you say without an artificial scenario, it becomes impossible to prove without creating a scenario for it. So of course they won't find one if they refuse to accept creating a scenario for it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news...Does anyone really care if triple entendres exist?
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    "to lick" can also mean "to whip" as in "give him forty licks" meaning forty hits with a birch rod or whip. Has gone out of service since the abolition of corporal punishment in schools though.

On the topic of double-entendre:
    (slightly NSFW, but only because you'll be laughing for the next hour)
    lol Rainbow - haven't seen that in ages, Was this ever aired ?

Deleted
    no it was filmed as a inside joke for the staff of the show, it was never meant to make it to TV screens
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow...ult.22_version

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres one....You are playing a bot match of LoL
    Blitzcrank/Orianna is bot.

He/she is a bot. as in robot.
    He/she is a bot. as in a AI
    He/she is bot. as in bottom lane.

G the fuck G.

4 entendres

Quadruple Entendre

"Shit, i'm filthy rich. Since I make cents, I admit, It makes money."

1) makes cents, makes money (quite obvious. currency accumulates to larger amount of currency)

2) makes sense, makes money (profits from words of sorts ex. books, music, peotry, preaching. People relate, hence the term makes sense, and pay for more.)

3) Makes scents, makes money (sells scented products. ex. people by candles and fragrences becuase of their smell)

4) rich in filth (smells strongly, stench, reeks of odors) and the smell makes sense (sadly, its logical to assume homeless people smell bad), and the smell makes people give him money (ex. people give bums money becuase they smell bad and or feel sorry for them)

EUREKA!

P.S. Only works in conversation where you dont specifically know what sense/cents/ scents one is referring to.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 11:12 PM ----------

ok im holding a chicken in a arms, and say "eat cock".

maybe i mean eat my penis (unilaterally, but if literally helps here, then you may literally eat my penis).
    maybe i mean eat my chicken, or maybe i mean cocks cock.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 11:20 PM ----------

you walk in a room and hear me say "How long"

i might mean, how long? (referring to a measurement in question form).
    i might mean, How Long. (maybe im calling my good ol chinese buddy by his name:How Long).
    maybe i belong to a specific group of native americans and where we use the word "How" as "Hi" as a greeting and im also introducing myself. like How, Long. (Hi, (( im Peter)) Long)

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 11:35 PM ----------

were walking down the street, spot a women walking a dog, and i say "aint that a bitch"

maybe im an asshole who calls females by offensive names. and not knowing if its a women walking a dog and ask for reinsurance in the matter.
    I ask, Aint that a bitch?

maybe im wondering if the dog is a female dog. Aint that a bitch?

maybe i just recently broke up with my fiance after i found her sleeping with my room mate, and she shrugged and said "shit happens lil dicky junior" (i hate that name), she moved out of my house with to enjoy the company of man who was hung like a horse (not again..). and as i was walking down a street, I notice the women was infact my fiance, and more importantly, that i forgot that she is the owner of the dog which i have grown quite fond of over the last few years and now realized that she has also took the dog after she ripped my heart out and as insult to injury she took the only thing left in this world that i loved (ill miss you dog, and the k9). and i cant do shit about squat. Now AINT THAT A BITCH!!!
    Last edited by entendre genuis; 2012-09-07 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    lol you say that legitimate double entendres require no explanation, but everything you posted to prove that requires some understanding of the context.
    Not really, you just need to know the meaning of the words in those examples.

Not that I think need context should limit entendres, though.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by entendre genuis View Post
    Quadruple Entendre

"Shit, i'm filthy rich. Since I make cents, I admit, It makes money."
    That's a homophone, and not even a very good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    "I'm so like a pimp, I'm glad it's night"

I'm not a fan of hip hop, but its actually a solid double with an inside triple.

Jay-Z has some clever word-play going on in his song Hello Brooklyn 2.0. It is a homophone.

The specific line is "I don’t half-step on the caine".
    • He references Big Daddy Kane's Ain't No Half Steppin (1988)
    • He uses the word as a slang for cocaine (as in he does not dilute the cocaine he sells)
    • People use a cane to help themselves walk (step) better. The cane prevents him from half-steppin', bringing the meaning full circle.

If you want to stretch that even further: The Miami Hurricanes (the 'canes) has a mascot called Sebastian the Ibis. In logo form, he's seen "half stepping":

One thing though, does the sentence being a homophone exclude the possibility of it also being a double entendre? It was my understanding that this was not the case, but some posters here are making me doubt myself.

It's possible

It is possible because Kayne West did it... From his song Dark Fantasy he says, "Fresh air, rollin' down the window
    Too many Urkels on your team, that's why your wins low

He implies:
    1) 1.Winslow from Family Matters
    2) 2.Winds Low: You have so many losers on your team and you are all packed into a shitty car that can’t go fast/doesn’t have A/C. This interpretation goes back to the fresh air, rolling down the window line)
    3) 3.Wins Low (too many losers that’s why they can’t win)
    This is proved by a 12 year old... So y'all should shut up...

I'm not allowed to post links, but Bo Fo Sho by Bo Burnham.
    One of the lines toward the end is "I shocked Sherlock what, son?/watts, son/Watson.
    First example of a triple entendre I had ever experienced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I present you with the bottom of the Fifth.

Now THAT was awesome. I love double or even triple entendres.
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

Despite all of the controversy, most scholars and philosophers argue that triple entendres don't actually exist.

-Do you think that triple entendres exist? (Not homophones but ACTUAL triple entendres.)
    "Made him"

Made him - Exposed him / Blew his cover (The undercover agent was made)
    Made him - Force him against his will
    Made him - Constructed him into something completely different

The mafia had a rat. Once they made him, they made him wear concrete shoes and threw him off the dock which made him into fish food.

Also,

"Moving Pictures"

Moving Pictures - Someone carrying a painting
    Moving Pictures - Those paintings being emotionally evoking
    Moving Pictures - A movie / film (of a person carrying a painting while an onlooker weeps)

(Thank you Rush)
    Last edited by anyonebuthim; 2012-12-07 at 06:13 PM.

I believe scholars are looking for a triple entendre that can be stated and assume 3 different meanings, BUT without any explanation, or specific prior background knowledge, or artificial scenario.

In essence, something you could write anywhere, at any time, and people would still understand.
    You keep refining the definition every time you are given any example to make sure that the example doesn't fit it. It sounds like arguing for the sake of arguing.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I dont think you can argue that people are bringing stuff with context required and then do a footballer.
    Sure they can, but what goes on in his/her bedroom is probably none of our business.

/rimshot (no pun intended)

After thinking all day I have finally done it. Ladies and gentlemen I give to you

The Quadruple Entendre

(Hope you like Futurama)
    :]

Professor Farnsworth: The Robot Mafia is on to our Infiltration Bot we planted within them. No matter how much of his fortune he offers, they still plan on killing him. There is truly nothing he can do to stop it! He will certainly be sleeping with the robot fishes tonight!

Zoidberg: "I guess you could say he's a made man"

He's a made man (Wealthy).
    He's a made man (Exposed).
    He's a made man (Male Robot).
    He's a made man (Forced into Death)

BAM!
    Last edited by anyonebuthim; 2012-12-07 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anyonebuthim View Post
    After thinking all day I have finally done it. Ladies and gentlemen I give to you

The Quadruple Entendre

(Hope you like Futurama)
    :]

Professor Farnsworth: The Robot Mafia is on to our Infiltration Bot we planted within them. No matter how much of his fortune he offers, they still plan on killing him. There is truly nothing he can do to stop it! He will certainly be sleeping with the robot fishes tonight!

Zoidberg: "I guess you could say he's a made man"

He's a made man (Wealthy).
    He's a made man (Exposed).
    He's a made man (Male Robot).
    He's a made man (Forced into Death)

BAM!
    I don't get your fourth meaning. I will give you credit for a triple entendre for that one, though.

Infracted: Please refrain from necroing old threads (older than 1 month).
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-13 at 11:41 PM.

I'm certain that I have come up with one that is without a doubt a legitimate triple entendre.

"Smoking weed in my G6 plane, could I get any higher?"

Meanings:

Could I reach a higher altitude.
    Could I get any more intoxicated.
    Could I get a higher numbered plane model.

Whoa, necro and I remember this thread.

We should all try to come up with out own triple entendres. Maybe one will be good enough to silence the critics who say it can't be done.

For example: I'll write a musical about the lead singer in a band who finds inspiration from and then falls madly in love with his beautiful personal fitness trainer. I'll call it: "You Make Me Rock Hard"