10+ Year Old Account

Recommend me some video games

So, I recently beat Darksiders, which blew me away and I find that I don't really have much to play atm. I have some games in my backlog, but I can't really find the motivation to play them. So, I'm looking for something new to play.

Here's a little information to help you out:

I own all 4 systems (PC, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360.)

I like pretty much every genre with the exception of RTS games.

Don't recommend me Skyrim or Mass Effect, because I already own those games.

So, I feel like my PC needs to be used, so I need some recommendations (doesn't necessarily have to be a PC exclusive, so long as it is for PC, although I'll take recommendations for consoles as well.) I'm mainly looking for a very story driven experience, but also one that won't take 100 hours to complete like KoA or Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I'll just list some of the good games I have on Steam that I'd recommend to anyone:

Bastion
    The Binding of Isaac (not story driven, but it's a pretty hard game)
    Fallout 3 (although it's a Bethesda game, so it'll take forever)
    Orcs Must Die! (tower defense, so meh story, but it was a blast...got me into tower defense)
    Sanctum (interesting TD/FPS hybrid)
    Portal 1/2
    Team Fortress 2 (no story to speak of, but a fantastic F2P game)
    The Witcher 1/2

So yeah. While some of them don't quite fit your criteria, I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for a PC game.

...and Voidgazer, while you're right in that I've seen this topic a bunch, your link doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't? Anyway, threads like this pop up every day. Just use the search function.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I'll just list some of the good games I have on Steam that I'd recommend to anyone:

Bastion
    The Binding of Isaac (not story driven, but it's a pretty hard game)
    Fallout 3 (although it's a Bethesda game, so it'll take forever)
    Orcs Must Die! (tower defense, so meh story, but it was a blast...got me into tower defense)
    Sanctum (interesting TD/FPS hybrid)
    Portal 1/2
    Team Fortress 2 (no story to speak of, but a fantastic F2P game)
    The Witcher 1/2

So yeah. While some of them don't quite fit your criteria, I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for a PC game.

...and Voidgazer, while you're right in that I've seen this topic a bunch, your link doesn't work.
    I've played all of those games with the exception of Binding of Isaac and Orcs Must Die, both of which I've seen in action. Binding of Isaac seems interesting, but I don't think I'd like Orcs Must Die a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I've played all of those games with the exception of Binding of Isaac and Orcs Must Die, both of which I've seen in action. Binding of Isaac seems interesting, but I don't think I'd like Orcs Must Die a whole lot.
    Well, I tried. Are you looking for a specific genre? Just a good story is a bit subjective.

Just listing some more good games:

- Borderlands
    - Braid
    - Cthulhu Saves the World (only $3, a good and humorous RPG, and comes with another RPG to boot)
    - LIMBO
    - Psychonauts
    - Super Meat Boy
    - Trine

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I tried. Are you looking for a specific genre? Just a good story is a bit subjective.

Just listing some more good games:

- Borderlands
    - Braid
    - Cthulhu Saves the World (only $3, a good and humorous RPG, and comes with another RPG to boot)
    - LIMBO
    - Psychonauts
    - Super Meat Boy
    - Trine
    I suppose I'm looking for a linear RPG or Action/Adventure game. So, something like Dragon Age: Origins where it's 10-20 hours of gameplay as opposed to 100 with a game like Skyrim or Fallout 3. As for your recommendations I'm not huge into downloadable/indie games, although Trine does interest me, so I'll probably try that out. I do appreciate your recommendations, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Borderlands
    Yeah, I heard in Borderlands 2 people that played the first will have more character customization options.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2012-06-20 at 08:21 AM.

As for your recommendations I'm not huge into downloadable/indie games, although Trine does interest me, so I'll probably try that out. I do appreciate your recommendations, though.
    I went heavy with Indie games because I assumed that you've heard all of the AAA games before. Some of the Indie games fly under the radar, so I like to mention them at every chance I get, especially The Binding of Isaac. Oh, and since you have a PS3, at least check out "Catherine". It was easily my favorite game of last year. <3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_%28video_game%29)

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Yeah, I heard in Borderlands 2 people that played the first will have more character customization options.
    Yeah, I'm pretty excited. ...96.5% more WUB WUB!

I've only played the demo (for mass effect 3 wep and armor), but maybe Kindoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    I've heard good things about the game, but the one negative thing I've heard is that it doesn't have much of a story, something that the OP is looking for.

@ OP: I'll try to think of something specific that fits your new criteria, and edit / post in a few.

Well, I can't think of anything (mostly because it's almost 2AM, my brain's mush) for the PC. For the PS3/2, I can recommend some good RPGS:

- Persona 4 (PS2)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_4

- Persona 3: FES (PS2)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_3:_Fes

- Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (PS3)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgaea_3

- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (PS3)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgaea...se_Unforgotten

If nothing else, tell me this doesn't sound interesting: The plot for Disgaea 3: Your father has destroyed your favorite gaming console, so you set out to kill your father. The plot for Disgaea 4: You're a vampire that's obsessed with sardines, not drinking blood, and upholding promises.

Sorry I can't recommend more games for the PC. My library is pretty diverse, and you seem to have / not be interested in what I've got.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-06-20 at 08:52 AM.

I suppose I'm looking for a linear RPG or Action/Adventure game. So, something like Dragon Age: Origins where it's 10-20 hours of gameplay as opposed to 100 with a game like Skyrim or Fallout 3. As for your recommendations I'm not huge into downloadable/indie games, although Trine does interest me, so I'll probably try that out. I do appreciate your recommendations, though.
    Deus Ex HR.

Main story is linear, there are some RPG and action elements. You can play the game in different ways - kill everything, stealth or simply find another route to your goal.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.