Poll: Purchasing a Diablo 3 expansion?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you buy an expansion at this point?

D3 will continue to be patched and tweeked, but you see what the game has to offer. At this point what are your expansion thoughts?

Obviously the expansion content will be a factor, however we can probably guess what it will have to offer.

A new act, maybe a raised level cap, new items (sets/legendaries), perhaps a new class of items (charms, runes, etc), and maybe a new artisan.
    Last edited by Zaqwert; 2012-06-20 at 06:25 AM.

Deleted
    I don't see anything making me not to buy an expansion.

I will gladly pay 40$ to see the train wreck of a story that will be the X pac . Also D2 while good , was much better with LoD and it wasn't till LoD that I heavily played it and 1.10 was just awesome.

Honestly loved the game pre-patch but it seems like they are making the game TOO EASY even on the hardest "difficulty" with this patch. I dont see them changing their model which probably favors the masses. Obviously im going to think they are wrong but they are pretty successful at what they do so complaining wont help.

Point being for me personally wont buy one if it was anytime soon. However it seems like it will be a year-2 from now and i might get the urge to play again by then if there isnt a better hack n slash rpg out by then. Come on titans quest, im looking at you for a new game! One can only hope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavril View Post
    I will gladly pay 40$ to see the train wreck of a story that will be the X pac . Also D2 while good , was much better with LoD and it wasn't till LoD that I heavily played it and 1.10 was just awesome.
    the truth, there it is

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Honestly loved the game pre-patch but it seems like they are making the game TOO EASY even on the hardest "difficulty" with this patch. I dont see them changing their model which probably favors the masses. Obviously im going to think they are wrong but they are pretty successful at what they do so complaining wont help.
    neither d1 or d2 were hard games or difficult ... d2 pre lod was just a pain in the ass levelingwise
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will probably not, but I hope there will be a way to redeem Leah in it.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2012-06-20 at 06:42 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    D3 will continue to be patched and tweeked, but you see what the game has to offer. At this point what are your expansion thoughts?

Obviously the expansion content will be a factor, however we can probably guess what it will have to offer.

A new act, maybe a raised level cap, new items (sets/legendaries), perhaps a new class of items (charms, runes, etc), and maybe a new artisan.
    Ehmn.. while i do not see anything that would make me not buy an expansion as such i cannot help thinking.. too soon, you have awakened me too soon executus

If they launched an expansion now i would definitely not buy it, the time is not ready for expansions so soon after launch. There is being money grabbing scumbags and then there is being down right rude money grabbing scumbags.. releasing content now for money would seem the latter

If that makes sense

if the x-pac is over 40$ then no i will not buy it. with the way things are going in d3 as soon as eather A) my friends stop playing or B) Guild wars 2 comes out i will be done with d3.
    also to add if it came out like 6 months from now that is a 100% no cause it would just mean they took a lot out of d3 to add it to a x-pac later to milk it even more *kinda what they already did tho i bet*
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Honestly it depends on how soon it comes out. If they release in expac in under 2 years I absolutely will not buy it. If it's 2 years or more and I feel that they've actually made strides to bring the game up to the standards I expect of blizzard via free content patches, then yes. Assuming, of course, that the content is attractive to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Actually no. I really enjoyed the game getting up to act3 and farming a bit. But with the AH and gold and dollars being the main objective of the game instead of actual items I don't feel like lottery farming as much as I did in d2. So no I'm not playing much anymore and I won't pick up the expansion when it comes out.

I probably will play the expansion(s) and then about 1 month after the game comes out when they nerf the game into oblivion for casuals, I can sell all the loot I got for way more than the price of the game. (which makes the expansion's pricepoint pretty moot)

10+ Year Old Account
    D3 is still a MUCH BETTER game than D2/D2LoD, so ofc, I'll buy the expansion when/if it arrives...

Definitely. It's a great successor to D2.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    D3 is still a MUCH BETTER game than D2/D2LoD, so ofc, I'll buy the expansion when/if it arrives...
    Maybe if Diablo 3 came out in 2002 it would be MUCH BETTER, but its very lack luster in comparison to the upgrades done to the Starcraft franchise. I am not saying I didn't enjoy the game but it definately lacks in certain areas.

No way in hell. In fact, if selling accounts were allowed I would sell mine in a new york second. I cannot remember the last time I was this disappointed in a game.

Probably will, just hope hope hope the expansion will have a story. Blizz should stop using interns to write this master pieces.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    This game has so much potential, but some of the stupid business decisions really do baffle me. They're out to make money but you don't do that by forcing people to use the RMAH you make money by making something exciting and addictive (sugar/alcohol/gambling/crack) so they want to use it but the former is only alienating people away from the game. Blizzard had a perfect opportunity to make a phenominal amount of money with this latest installment but I feel they are wasting an opportunity they aren't going to get again.

To answer the question, maybe.
    Last edited by mmoc17e7648fd5; 2012-06-20 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the whole premise of the game. Grinding to me is not fun, whether that be for items or for gold. No doubt I grinded the hell out of WoW (I think I quit with 13.5k achievement points or something) but at least in WoW I could switch it up and grind something else when I got bored...or go pvp..or raid.. I understand this game wasn't meant to be WoW, but I feel D3 is a shallow game.

There's no doubt that I stopped eating and sleeping when I first picked up D3. I grinded achievements (spent 78 hours in normal alone), helped people get through content they weren't able to themselves, and generally just took my time and had fun. That was a blast to me. Then I hit inferno and I was required to grind. As mentioned previously, I hate grinding. I brick walled at Act 3 and just refused to keep grinding gold. Now that it's nerfed though I have zero incentive to play. I hold myself (not others) to pretty elitist standards, I only care about content in its un-nerfed format. Once it's nerfed, I lose all drive. Being mathematically barred from progression was infuriating to me and was kind of put in an unpleasable position in which I didn't want to have to keep grinding, but also didn't want it to be nerfed. If blizzard had balanced Inferno (and monks) to begin with, I think I would have played for a very long time. I wish I had rushed to inferno like everyone else and been able to get away with buying amazing gear for 1m. Now all the shit I needed was 10 million +. Not worth my time imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only way I would "buy" an expansion is if they did another Annual pass and I got the expansion for free lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post

A patch or an expansion won't change D3, contrary to what people believe. It will still be the same game, just more of it. Expecting that a magic patch/expansion will fix everything wrong is naive thinking.