1) NT got nerfed pretty hard. It is now almost pointless to use. On normal mobs sure, it's fine but against elites, no chance. I couldn't even kill blue packs in act II with it.
2) IAS was cut literally in half. I'm one of those who didn't even stack a lot it, and I still lost 0.4 attack speed, which amounts to over 10k DPS.
3) The last nail on the coffin is the repair cost increase, which is something that nobody seems to understand. While trying out a few things in act II, I went and died a couple of times, my gear turned yellow, and was hit with ~22k repair costs. That is absolutely insane. I get it that they want to discourage graveyard zerging but this doesn't just hit DHs but all classes. Not to mention it means you literally aren't allow to die more than, maybe, twice or you're going make farming pointless.
It's typical Blizzard really; they see that things need to be nerfed and instead of doing a careful, surgical fix they take the sledgehammer approach. Just whack the numbers around and see what happens. Maybe month or two down the line and they finally admit (if we're lucky) that maybe that nerf was just a tad... tiny bit over the top.
Fact of the matter is...
1) DH is the squishiest class. We lack any long lasting defensive skills, and have zero passive defensive skills.
2) DH damage is now balanced - other classes do as much or more damage than DHs.
I really don't see the point in playing a DH atm.
I really enjoyed DH's, but now with all the nerfs and rehauls it just feels like DK's in WOTLK all over again. Whenever I get used to playing something and get to like it, they nerf it.
Immortal build.... working as intended and won't be nerfed ?
Alternative with Frost arrow and the same skill nerfed = OMG now we have some choices, so much diversity
Is there something possible beside Elemental arrow... ? Nothing intended for Demonhunter, really ?
I am tired with Blibli stupidity and design BS, ignorance, nonsense, and I am always choosing the bad horse, I guess .
Always choosing the nerf path till everyone outgeared their crap => More transactions, low prices, better % on every operation. Marketing whore.
Demo in Apes in the mist: " Dark ape thesis ".
GC : We try very hard not to monkey around with things just for the sake of changing, but it's easy to play the "I didn't see feedback on X, therefore there wasn't feedback on X" card.
I'm sorry but DH really isn't ruined at all.
The DH's I have spoken to whom have had success pre-patch and post-patch are still farming fine with similar builds, just a few adjustments. They have a noticeable drop in single target damage (not horrible mind you) but their AoE still remains strong. They even mentioned they feel that the nerf was warranted and finding other successful ways.
DH have just been brought on par now. They were a step above every class prior to the fix, now they're on par if you can overcome the nerf and learn to adapt to different builds/playstyles.
Selling most of my DH gear. Got Nats ring/chest/boots all with pretty much the best rolls possible. PM! Been wanting to focus on Barb for HC for a while now.
dh is fine.
I'm going to close this here.
The class is fine, some mechanics have changed. That's not a reason to start doom & gloom threads full of hyperbole and constantly argue everyone down that they're wrong and only your idea can be right.