Heart of the Unliving vs Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Dominance

Currently running with Tsunami & Dominance Badge, would it be viable to switch out dominance for Heart of the Unliving (raidfinder) to get even more mana + spirit? Would go from 4500 resilience to about 4,1k if I would switch out dominance for unliving. Oh, and I'm also a paladin.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Tinfoil; 2012-06-20 at 10:20 AM.

Id like a pizza.
    You are evil like...a hobbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Sepyshfan View Post
    Id like a pizza.
    Yeah, that is the exact answer I wanted....

Deleted
    I'd use Unliving and Dominance... Though the question is, do you need mana? I rarely go oom in PvP, so I don't stack spirit much...

Deleted
    What do you play? I'd use Heart + Dominance in 3's (unless you're playing something that outlasts a lot, and where mana may become a problem), other than that go for heart + tsunami, in 5's/RBGs where mana can actually be a problem in the long run and where using less resilience isn't usually as punishing you should definitely do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepyshfan View Post
    Id like a pizza.
    So would I. Don't spam.

I find Paladins need less resilience. Then again, HPals shouldn't really be ooming that often. Probably better off with the Badge tbh because the Raid Finder one's not that good.
    this game sucks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    I find Paladins need less resilience. Then again, HPals shouldn't really be ooming that often. Probably better off with the Badge tbh because the Raid Finder one's not that good.
    I see theres no rmp playing at 1.1k mmr

I have tsunami and hc heart and I prefer to use Tsunami or Cata trinket for arena depending on who's queueing.

Heart buff only lasts for 10 seconds while tsunami lasts 20 seconds and is much easier to keep up during CC/purging/kiting/los etc.

But I'm a shaman, as a Paladin I would go for the Cata trinket so you don't get gibbed by an RMP 4.1k resi is very very low.

Quote Originally Posted by sthings View Post
    I see theres no rmp playing at 1.1k mmr
    I wouldn't know, considering I play a mage at 2500. Also if an RMP is mana burning then that's just fuckin retarded.

edit: inb4 post ur armory i don't play anymore; when i did I was 2500 though
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    I wouldn't know, considering I play a mage at 2500. Also if an RMP is mana burning then that's just fuckin retarded.
    Are you stupid or what?

RMP's don't need to mana burn holy paladins, they can gib them in a couple seconds.

So yeah, I'm sure you play at 2500 and know nothing about the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Are you stupid or what?

RMP's don't need to mana burn holy paladins, they can gib them in a couple seconds.

While one could argue his comment wasn't exactly spot on, taking your previous reply into consideration I honestly don't think you're entitled to imply he's stupid. Let's see.

I have tsunami and hc heart and I prefer to use Tsunami or Cata trinket for arena depending on who's queueing.

Heart buff only lasts for 10 seconds while tsunami lasts 20 seconds and is much easier to keep up during CC/purging/kiting/los etc.

But I'm a shaman, as a Paladin I would go for the Cata trinket so you don't get gibbed by an RMP 4.1k resi is very very low.
    So you rather use tsunami, a trinket with 40 less base intellect than Heroic Heart and less than half its regen, just because it the buffs last twice as long? First of if you're not riptiding on cooldown (enough to keep the stacks up on its own) you are not playing the class to its full potential. I hardly ever play mine nowadays but every single high rated (with at least one rank 1 title or several gladiators) healer/player in general I know and am friends with would back me up when I say that any healer using tsunami over HC Heart is making a gigantic mistake.

Let alone if you're a shaman, I mean, dropping the stacks because you're purging? Are you going to be purging for 10 seconds straight without even riptiding or using any other spell that refreshes it? It's not WotLK anymore, you don't need to chain purge sacred shields and even if you did good players wouldn't let you. If you get CC'd for longer than 10 seconds as a shaman that's on you, one of many strengths of a resto shaman is your ability to stay out of every and any kind of crowd control possible. Are you going to be kiting/LoSing without ripiting yourself on cooldown? Again, that's just bad play on your side and you not playing your class to its full potential.

Bottom line, does it really make such a massive difference? Only if you're good enough of a player. If you want to play fail-safe and be lazy and only riptide once every 20 seconds to keep tsunami up rather than every 10 and just heal everything else with healing stream and ES that's up to you, if you want to have it even easier just grab a spirit battlemaster's. Or a resilience one. My point is, if you can't handle using Heart then don't but min-maxing your gear/spec/character in general to your advantage is very, very basic and if you want to succeed in PvP then you will have to learn to do that eventually.

PS: About the RMPs, you're most likely going to get gibbed with 5500 resilience anyway so using 4200 isn't such big of a crime. Using tsunami and HoU just probably won't be worth it because the way paladins play right now and taking into account the ridiculous CC we have to endure the mana regen from using both should be considerably overkill against any kind of combo.

Are you stupid or what?

this season I only got 2200 with RMP. sad thing is we were the 3rd top rated RMP at 2200 (also played ATR, finished 1st RMP). also, top 200 theres about 5 RMP's, you shouldn't really be seeing many at high ratings.

we were talking about mana; gibbing someone is irrelevant.

You can't just 'gib' a hpal anyway. If you're a hpal and 'just get gibbed' by an RMP you're doing something wrong. Yes, you can kill them easily if their team is retarded and doesnt peel but most of the time this doesn't happen, especially not at a semi-decent MMR.

I dunno, it's different at high ratings. You wouldn't really know.

While one could argue his comment wasn't exactly spot on, taking your previous reply into consideration I honestly don't think you're entitled to imply he's stupid. Let's see.
    It kinda came out wrong. My priest struggles to survive DK/ret but on his hpal he can sit there half afk. It's just the plate armour but still, that's what I was getting at :P
    this game sucks