Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm already in love with Insanity. The other one seems quite good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventera
    Also what abbrev. are we gonna use? PW:S already taken. Shit.
    This is your chance to stop using silly abbreviations for everything! Overuse of abbreviations is one of the things that make gamers look immature, and it makes life difficult for you when you pick up a new game.

That said, I'm secretly hoping for a Power Word: <something that starts with a W>, so that we can call it PowWoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see no room for Mindbender to be anywhere nearly as effective as Solace for manaregen during bossfights. Just think about it, why would a "passive" pet be more effective ever than an active dps spell?

The only scenarion I can think of is, if there absolutly is no room for not casting heals 24/7, wich I believe won't be the case until perhaps last tier when we have BiS gear.

We do not need Telluric Currents in the priest class. We have plenty of toys...

Oh, why all this hate for Mind Spike? In my opinion, it is one of the most useful spells I have on my action bar. Sure, it doesn't much usage on boss fights because of removing DoTs, but for example on daily quests, I find it very very useful.

Replacing Mind Spike with Shadow Word: Insanity is a bad idea, to be honest. One costs %3 mana whereas the other costs %15.

And what is that Mind Syphon spell? I thought it was shadow version of Power Word: Solace but actually it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    I see no room for Mindbender to be anywhere nearly as effective as Solace for manaregen during bossfights. Just think about it, why would a "passive" pet be more effective ever than an active dps spell?
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Does anyone really need to justify the question "why would anyone prefer a single button fire-and-forget to a spell that needs constant casting" with a serious answer?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I am not being sarcastic Imnick; Believe it or not, I prefer a manapet to Solace. I would hate having to dps to regain mana. Absolutly hate it. And that is what I see us doing in the future raids to be competetive..

Atleast Holy will have more than enough spells to juggle in MoP. I do not feel there is any need for this.

A shorter CD on Mindbender, great. I always wanted that, to make fights more interesting when it comes to manage this mana CD. I do believe 1 min is too short, it'll come out as mindless because of it. Like HPaladins judge. 2 min would be perfect imo.

I think that the cooldown on the Mindbender is so short because it has to add some damage as well as regenerate mana, and the only way to keep it from being really bursty is to give it a high uptime.

15% manacost on the Insanity spell might very well be a placeholder. It's a very new spell.

With mastery And duplicated dots and overpowered items , im sure that this spell gonna be SICK INSANITY !!

Sick avatar/Signature by Ammeg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ircien View Post
    With mastery And duplicated dots and overpowered items , im sure that this spell gonna be SICK INSANITY !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    This is your chance to stop using silly abbreviations for everything! Overuse of abbreviations is one of the things that make gamers look immature, and it makes life difficult for you when you pick up a new game.

That said, I'm secretly hoping for a Power Word: <something that starts with a W>, so that we can call it PowWoW.
    Abbreviations are used even in Scientific/university level papers, it makes it easier to find key terms (try scanning to find PW: S in a paragraph vs Power Word Shield), and shorter to type. Our brain regularly uses shortcuts, so they are easy to learn. There is nothing immature about it. Odd statement :/

Mindbender is nice in that it doesn't require you to learn to use a completely new ability, and you can control it with one click/key and then continue healing as usual. Mindbender is still dpsing and returning mana even while you are healing or using other mana returns. In order to compete for mana , PW: Solace needs to be cast frequently. It allows for more control since it can be cast frequently, and paves the way for large returns during quiet periods, but definitely requires more attention. I could see myself liking it for raids (Spine especially), but for other PVE and PVP mindbender is a better choice for me. Between Holy Fire + Smite for Evangelism, Penance, SW: pain and death, and Shadowfiend, PW: Solace feels like one too many abilities to babysit.

I agree that I would prefer Mindbender to have a longer cd, allowing me to focus on healing.

The good new is that this debate suggests that PW: Solace is a competitive talent. Please make it look and sound pretty blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    The good new is that this debate suggests that PW: Solace is a competitive talent. Please make it look and sound pretty blizz
    Well it LOOKS good... but the sound is BEYOND irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post

You would hate the military then. Abbreviations up the wazzoo -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    Power Word: Ragequit?

Telluric Currents, anyone? zzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    yes, you miss and don't deal damage.... but you still regenerate the mana. I can confirm that as of the current build.
    wtf! telluric currents, but better! not cool bliz
    Last edited by asharia; 2012-06-26 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomerror View Post
    This is my question too. This spell seems too close to Mindspike to be usefull.
    Plus the fact that Shadow has WAY too many damage spells. The entire priest class is overloaded with spells.

1) Vampiric Touch
    2) Shadow Word: Pain
    3) Devouring Pain
    4) Mind Blast
    5) Mind Flay
    6) Mind Spike
    7) Shadow Word: Death
    8) Mind Sear
    9) [Talented] Shadow Word: Insanity/Mind Siphon
    10) [Talented] Cascade/Halo/Divine Star

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Plus the fact that Shadow has WAY too many damage spells. The entire priest class is overloaded with spells.

1) Vampiric Touch
    3) Devouring Pain
    4) Mind Blast
    5) Mind Flay
    6) Mind Spike
    8) Mind Sear
    Remind me our possible 10 spells rotations next time a combat rogue or a mage asks for hybrid tax, again :X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post

1) Vampiric Touch
    3) Devouring Pain
    4) Mind Blast
    5) Mind Flay
    6) Mind Spike
    8) Mind Sear
    Maybe it's just me; but I like having lots of spells :|

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Maybe it's just me; but I like having lots of spells :|
    More OP spells is good. More spell bloat is not.