Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Secret World Open Beta

So 22june The Secret World will launch an open beta weekend : )
    go to http://thesecretworld.com/
    look on the right side scroll down, sign up for BETA then download client.

E3 video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIr4t...layer_embedded
    Enjoy
    Last edited by anabolicz; 2012-06-21 at 07:01 AM.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    The what now? :O

A game that looks like a sick new MMO

Is it actually open, I don't have to get a key this time? If so, maybe I can get my friends to finally try it out lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Is it actually open, I don't have to get a key this time? If so, maybe I can get my friends to finally try it out lol
    Yes it's actually open during the weekend, pvp will also be in this beta part^^

10+ Year Old Account
    "Horror MMO" ...... I'M SOLD ALREADY!!!

Ugh, wasn't impressed even by the videos and I'm very easy to impress.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

If u didnt like the video u dont like MMo's at all...

Deleted
    I got this email telling me about it....

On June 22nd at 6pm CET (9am PDT) the massive and final Beta Weekend for The Secret World kicks off, offering a preview of the epic conflict between the three secret societies: the Illuminati, the Dragon and the Templar, and YOU and a buddy are invited to join the fight!

Your account is ready to play and we are happy to let you invite a friend to join the war with you this coming weekend! Please inform your friend to go to http://register.thesecretworld.com and use the following key:

<snip>

This marks the first public opening of the massive, persistent player vs. player war zone where over two hundred players clash in adrenaline-fueled battles for power and world domination! Stonehenge and Eldorado are also opening up, allowing smaller groups of players to fight for control over the power held within these legendary locations.

In addition to all these exciting, new player vs. player experiences, all content from the previous Beta Weekends will be available. Your character progress from previous Beta Weekends carries over to this event, so you can continue your adventures in Kingsmouth, The Savage Coast, The Polaris and Hell Raised! You can also visit London, New York and Seoul to enjoy the Templar, Illuminati and Dragon starter experiences.

Deleted
    Is this a Sub'd game or 3-2-play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Ugh, wasn't impressed even by the videos and I'm very easy to impress.
    I'm going to assume you mean the gameplay videos, because the cinematics are awesome.

I played the last beta weekend and it's actually a lot better (graphically) than the videos make out. I'm thinking they must be old.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    Subbed.

10char.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    There's a subscription fee. Just like WoW. In my honest opinion this game doesn't justify a subscription fee, even if the quests are a big leap forward from most MMO's. The combat is a bit iffy, apart from melee, which works 10x better than other forms of combat. The setting is great, but overall the game is nothing groundbreaking. I feel they'd attract a much larger audience if they just had the cash shop and no subscription fee, but maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    its a funcom mmo... not a very highly refined animated and built game.. not with the highest of budget.. yes it brings new things to the genre.. but does so in a gimped way that is not for everybody or a mainstreem title... for a niche crowd.. conan was like this as well ..

TSW is like vampire : the masquarade from playing a few hours.. it is not like Aion Tera SWTOR RIFT and doesnt follow the same model...
    however it is a great "paranoia RPG"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire...e_-_Bloodlines

hehe chemicals in your drinking water
    Last edited by WarJames; 2012-06-21 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Personally, I wish it had been a single player/co-op game.

The MMO element kind of ruins it for me. I want to save Kingsmouth from zombies, but it's always going to be there, under attack. I help the church move the protection runes from the doors to the outer fence, all zombies in the graveyard get destroyed, I go make a drink, zombies are in the graveyard again. It bothers me less in WoW because the storylines seem to be more generalised, but here is a zone with an actual goal (save the town) that'll never get reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I played in the last beta weekend for like, 20 minutes... There was no dialogue AT ALL in the intro sequence; the only hint about what is going on is that you swallow some glowing bug and gain super powers or magic or some such nonsense. I started a Dragon, and I was kidnapped by the old wizard guy from Big Trouble In Little China, and then unceremoniously dumped into an alley with no direction to go. Was instantly bored. should I have given it a little more time? Probably... Will I spend $60 to find out more when the game comes out? Probably not. /2cents

Deleted
    I doubt I'm going to buy it, especially as I'm low on money atm, the whole no levels format of the game doesn't appeal to me, and does the game have an endgame in the form of raids at all? But I will give it a try, every game deserves a go, regardless of current impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Ok, how about I don't like the quest item highlighting, and think making items for quests like 20 pixels big is stupid. Pass!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Ok, I played in the last beta weekend for like, 20 minutes... There was no dialogue AT ALL in the intro sequence; the only hint about what is going on is that you swallow some glowing bug and gain super powers or magic or some such nonsense. I started a Dragon, and I was kidnapped by the old wizard guy from Big Trouble In Little China, and then unceremoniously dumped into an alley with no direction to go. Was instantly bored. should I have given it a little more time? Probably... Will I spend $60 to find out more when the game comes out? Probably not. /2cents
    secret worlds quests does not hold your hand so i am sure it aint a game for u if u cant get past first following part,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Yeah, the beginning 30 minutes or so were quite boring. Just running around and talking to people mostly, I almost gave up myself. It didn't start to get interesting until you reach the first proper zone, which for me was Kingsmouth under siege from zombies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delameko View Post
    Yeah, the beginning 30 minutes or so were quite boring. Just running around and talking to people mostly, I almost gave up myself. It didn't start to get interesting until you reach the first proper zone, which for me was Kingsmouth under siege from zombies.
    same with wows starting zones or 30 mins into the gameplay, or any mmo