Poll: Still looking for a third Chrono Trigger game?

How many of us are still waiting for that third Chrono Trigger?

Noticed quite a few other Chrono Trigger fans in one of the favorite games of all time threads, curious how many of you are still hoping that some how, Chrono Break will still happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I want a real sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    radical dreamers remake, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I want a real sequel.
    what do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    rwhat do you mean?
    CC is far too vaguely tied in with CT.

I agree with Digglett that CCross seemed way too different (even in landscape) to be a sequel to CTrigger. Really the only ties I found was the whole area with Michael (which to this day was one of the hardest bosses I've ever fought) and some NPCs would reference that you're in Guardia, and Porre became a super nation.

A sequel more like CTrigger with things added in from CCross would be fantastic. For example; traps. They were awesomely cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted the second option. If it came to fruition I'd play it (most likely) but if it never happens I won't be beating the drums of war either. FYI, CT came out nearly 18 years ago... I feel quite old now.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    CC is more tied than that, besides you get vague hints about it, the PS1 version of CT ending give pase to the CC. of course you get this only further in CC history (about half game?, I don't remember well)

Kid is the baby found by lucca at the end of ps CT

oh darn, I'll have to play it on ps3 now D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

I loved Chrono Trigger, I enjoyed Chrono Cross (though very different from CT), but at this point I don't really want a third to come along and "revolutionize" the series and I fear that's how they'd do it. A direct sequel to CT (or even CC) without making sweeping changes and without focusing more on the combat system than the actual story would be very much welcome in the drought of good rpgs lately.

Chrono Trigger is a cult classic by now, seems SquareEnix is holding onto the IP and making it build hype over hype so when it comes even if it sucks everyone run to the stores and are like "shut up and take my money", I know I would

Cross ruined it for me to the point that I would restrain myself from becoming interested.

A Trigger remake, on the other hand...

Chrono Cross was more tied into Chrono Trigger than most people realize, but it takes a college level essay to understand it all.

I'm not sure a new game could conquer the nostalgia level associated with CT though.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.