SLI Issues - locking up PC!

Hey everyone, I am in need of your technical expertise!

I recently purchased a computer, I even took suggestions from some of you good people here in this forum, and I made a PC with the following components:
    1 X CORSAIR TX-850M MODULAR
    1 X WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE 1TB SATA III (WD10EALX)
    1 X SAMSUNG 830 256GB SATA 3 2.5 SSD
    2 X 8GB GSKILL ARES DDR3 1600MHZ (9-9-9) (2x4GB)
    1 X ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 SOCKET 1155
    1 X ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER I30
    1 X CORE I5 3570K 3.4GHZ 6MB CACHE 1155
    2 X EVGA GTX670 SC 2GB GDDR5 (2672)

now I probably mentioned more of my system than I needed, because the problem lies specifically with the usage of SLI. What happens is, I have SLI enabled on Nvidia control panel, however when running games using SLI, it tends to crash at certain times. For example, in BF3 it will ALWAYS crash when changing map, for Max payne it would crash when also changing map, or at random times during cutscenes, for Civ V it crashes at any time, on diablo 3 it can crash at any time as well, etc.
    Some of the times, the system manages to recover, and the message "Nvidia display drivers stopped responding and has recovered sucessfully" or something like this, but most of the times the PC just locks up with whatever sound was going on, repeating constantly until I press the reset button. Now the way I have fixed this so far is to set each game individually to only run with one GPU, and this seems to work fine, but I would like to do more tests to see if it's related to SLI, or exactly what is crashing my games!
    I'd like to ask, if possible, if there is any event logger or something that will detail the reason of the crash and etc, or if anyone knows a fix for this issue? It's kind of distressful having so much more FPS power and not beeing able to use it...
    Please help! And thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    what drivers are you using?

latest drivers, 301.42 ! I tried with another set of drivers (previous ones) and the problem was still there !

10+ Year Old Account
    are you using any kind of sleeved cable extensions?

none that I Know, but im not experienced enough to know such things. The PC was assembled in a store, trustworthy

10+ Year Old Account
    then i would start looking at your cards, use EVGA precision to turn the clocks down to stock levels and see if that helps

You can try taking the 2nd card out, play the games for a bit, then swap the cards. But first, as Cyanotical suggested, reset them to stock settings.

there is a known problem that I only just read in a mag with the 670's 680's that give a red screen of death with SLI

it happens if v-sync is on

and it will take a driver fix that nvidia is yet to do...

possibly this is your problem... and there is no known fix yet

you will have to get the latest beta drivers and also wait for them to be updated

ALOT of ppl are getting this your not the only one

]check the nvidia forums