Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movies] Back to the Future. How long before it's remade?

With all of the reboots and remakes coming out of Hollywood do you think they will remake BttF? The first movie came out in 1985 and they went back in time to 1955. Now we're almost 30 years from 1985. Do you think Hollywood will remake this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering it would make a fortune, probably not long. Its definitely a series that I think could benefit from a remake. There is really unlimited roads they could go down here and I think that I would welcome a new take on it. I'm sure there are those that will disagree though.. I'd like to see who's writing it first of all.

Would be awesome to see a remake but Micheal j fox has to make a small cameo man hes one of my fav actors

As long as they don't get all green and turn the delorean into a Prius I would go see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't possibly see any way that series could be re-made and NOT be absolutely terrible compared to the original. It's a classic masterpiece.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    Would be awesome to see a remake but Micheal j fox has to make a small cameo man hes one of my fav actors
    I doubt that will happen. His Parkinson's disease is quite advanced and I'm not sure it would be appropriate to exploit him in that way for a cameo. Maybe a cameo from Thomas F. Wilson (Biff) would be appropriate without being a distraction.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I can't possibly see any way that series could be re-made and NOT be absolutely terrible compared to the original. It's a classic masterpiece.
    A lot of people feel this way. I don't know why. It's as if the original films would cease to exist if it was re-made.

Deleted
    i would guess it will be remade one day, dont know when though. i doubt it would be as good as the original, but could be pretty good still.

i'd rather they didn't ;/ they're probably just waiting till 2015 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    i'd rather they didn't ;/ they're probably just waiting till 2015 tho.
    I still want my flying car.

i saw him not 2 long ago in a tv show they where playing him off with the Parkinson so idk might be possible depends i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    I still want my flying car.
    shark still looks fake ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    i saw him not 2 long ago in a tv show they where playing him off with the Parkinson so idk might be possible depends i guess
    It's hard to say.

Like, It's his career, and if he feels comfortable being on screen then god bless. Then again i want to respect his privacy and I dont want to see him get pressured into a cameo that doesn't need to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why remake a good movie? I'm fine with an HD polish but not hire new actors for it.
    Be kind to those less fortunate.
    Favor the road traveled by few.

well actually, i wouldn't mind a remake. it's just holywood is pretty much guaranteed to fuck it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    well actually, i wouldn't mind a remake. it's just holywood is pretty much guaranteed to fuck it up.
    I'll wait to see what they do with it before saying it was fucked up. Hollywood has made some great re-makes.

Why remake? Because it's an awesome property that they can do a lot of interesting things with.

Keep in mind that BTTF 2 and 3 weren't fantastic films. #2 was pretty cool, but I think the nostaligia of it is what people remember. The cool glimpse of the future is all people seem to remember. The whole 3rd act of that film was actually pretty terrible. BTTF #3 was also pretty lame. It very linear compared to the previous efforts and didn't do justice to the whole time travel theme as the others did. The whole theme of time travel were really just book ends. They travelled back to 1885 and they traveled from 1885. There was little reference to possible paradox's or other time-line related conflicts.

I actually watched it a month or two back in the theater, and its still amazing.

The Telltale game has a pretty good storyline too, and is the closest thing to a BttF 4 I think we'll ever see.

I remember a BttF saturday morning cartoon series back in the day too, with Jules and Verne... but yeah... haha.

I honestly don't expect to see anything done with this franchise in the foreseeable future, (at least on this big screen) but I could be wrong.

Once again, in November 2010, Bob Gale spoke to BTTF.com as part of a Myth Debunking story , and restated that both Robert Zemeckis and him "have no plans or desires to make another Back to the Future movie -- not a Part 4, or a remake of Part 1." Gale added that "nor does Universal or Amblin have any such plans. How do we know? Because, per our contracts with these companies, no Back to the Future sequel or remake can even be scripted without discussing it with us first. No such discussions have taken place. We are very proud of the Trilogy as it stands and we want to leave it as is."
    Its a shame that they feel this way. I mean in a way I understand, but the same love of the movies that doesnt want to see a poor sequel or remake, is the same love that does very much want to see what they could do these days.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'll wait to see what they do with it before saying it was fucked up. Hollywood has made some great re-makes.

Why remake? Because it's an awesome property that they can do a lot of interesting things with.

Keep in mind that BTTF 2 and 3 weren't fantastic films. #2 was pretty cool, but I think the nostaligia of it is what people remember. The cool glimpse of the future is all people seem to remember. The whole 3rd act of that film was actually pretty terrible. BTTF #3 was also pretty lame. It very linear compared to the previous efforts and didn't do justice to the whole time travel theme as the others did. The whole theme of time travel were really just book ends. They travelled back to 1885 and they traveled from 1885. There was little reference to possible paradox's or other time-line related conflicts.
    i don't know dude. i find them all pretty awesome (but i'm and 80s kid so i'm biased). yes, number. 1 is still my favourite and I realize 2 and 3 were created 'on-top' of number one, but still, they're good fucking sequels. If all movie sequels were as good as bttf2/3, holywood would be a much better place.

15+ Year Old Account
    i don't know dude. i find them all pretty awesome (but i'm and 80s kid so i'm biased). yes, number. 1 is still my favourite and I realize 2 and 3 were created 'on-top' of number one, but still, they're good fucking sequels. If all movie sequels were as good as bttf2/3, holywood would be a much better place.
    I'm an 80's kid too. I'm just looking at the seqeuels with an objective eye now. Sure BttF 2 and 3 are great fun movies. Let's say for a second that they weren't made in 1986 and 1990 respectively. Lets say they got released today as sequels. Would they stand up as much?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'm an 80's kid too. I'm just looking at the seqeuels with an objective eye now. Sure BttF 2 and 3 are great fun movies. Let's say for a second that they weren't made in 1986 and 1990 respectively. Lets say they got released today as sequels. Would they stand up as much?
    (it's 1985/1989/1990 respectively, actually ;p release date anyway, but let's not).

anyway, they didn't really stand up as much at the time of release, didn't they? (box office/reception, number 1 still owns the sequels), they just didn't suck.

so the trilogy kept the dignity and is now considered a classic, rightfully so. I dare any modern trilogy to do the same ;p

EDIT: think indiana jones 4, OUCH.
    Last edited by Joey Ray III; 2012-06-22 at 03:10 AM.