Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Speculation for last beta.

What do you think Arenanet will offer in the last beta to make the experience 'special', or memorable for pre-purchasers?

My guess would be a boss event, maybe The Shatterer. Even though I don't think it would be possible to kill, it would show off a bit of an epic battle.

Anyone else?

I hope something really crazy and chaotic. Like hordes of dragon minions/ dragon champions swarming over an entire zone, and everyone has to cooperate in order for us to have a chance. All the heroes show up to battle them as well with some forces from each race..... That would be incredibly epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet they will do what they have been doing with the shatterer and the charr starting area except with one of Zaitan's lieutenants and undead minions in another starting area.

That might sound unoriginal, but it seems like a good idea in my mind, there are a lot of things that they can do to make it very fresh.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I'd rather they stepped up the work on the game itself, and so far that's what they seem to have been doing. BWE and stress test end events have been utterly terrible, and that's a good thing. It means that minimal resources were spent on that fluff, and that people are working on the game itself.

I'm going to speculate that the Giant at Diessa Plateau MIGHT be doable as melee in BWE 3, but we will just have to wait and see lol

10+ Year Old Account
    giant event in queensdale

we've already had an event in norn and charr areas, humans are next

saving the best for last ofc
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I never had so much fun as the last beta with the zombie/infection game. I know its unlikely but I would really like that to be an actual pvp style of game! Whos with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I never had so much fun as the last beta with the zombie/infection game. I know its unlikely but I would really like that to be an actual pvp style of game! Whos with me?
    While I can agree that would be fucking awesome, I don't see how it is doable. Zombies would win every game because turning into a zombie is inevitable.
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    While I can agree that would be fucking awesome, I don't see how it is doable. Zombies would win every game because turning into a zombie is inevitable.
    You do know that there are infection game modes in games, correct? One guy starts infected, has to infect everyone else to win. If all of the 'zombies' die the zombies lose. It's obviously doable is it is properly designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You do know that there are infection game modes in games, correct? One guy starts infected, has to infect everyone else to win. If all of the 'zombies' die the zombies lose. It's obviously doable is it is properly designed.
    There are? did not know that. One of the reasons why I said that was based on experience. In the last stress test on crystal desert almost everyone who took part in the event became infected. Once that happened there was nothing left to do and people started to flame and QQ about EVERYTHING. Blaming arenanet for poorly designing the event and such. Of course you could also take away the infection by logging out but people still bitched and moaned.... it changed from being fun to agonizing. I loved the event though from start to finish, so much fun .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    I'd rather they stepped up the work on the game itself, and so far that's what they seem to have been doing. BWE and stress test end events have been utterly terrible, and that's a good thing. It means that minimal resources were spent on that fluff, and that people are working on the game itself.
    terrible? no lag, minimal downtime, very few bugs.
    Ok there are areas for improvements, but the amount they changed between BWE1 and BWE2 was staggering in response to player feedback.

this is probably the most polished beta test I've ever seen, not only is the quality extremely high, but the devs listen and are responsive. I had several productive exchanges with devs on issues I raised on the beta forums, some in BWE1 highlighted issues they took action over by BWE2 (not always as I'd have liked! but at least they listen and then take action).

There are? did not know that. One of the reasons why I said that was based on experience. In the last stress test on crystal desert almost everyone who took part in the event became infected. Once that happened there was nothing left to do and people started to flame and QQ about EVERYTHING. Blaming arenanet for poorly designing the event and such. Of course you could also take away the infection by logging out but people still bitched and moaned.... it changed from being fun to agonizing. I loved the event though from start to finish, so much fun .
    I'm saying it works in other games, when the game mode is properly built around it. An hour long beta end event that we will likely only ever see twice (and the second time was just for giggles) is obviously not going to do it perfectly. Don't think there's any mode like that in GW2, I was just saying that it's more than possible to make it work if properly designed and has worked in other games.

has worked in other games.
    I don't want to seem like im calling you out, but id like to know what games have that. If they are designed properly maybe arenanet could take some of the design and implement it into an event or pvp or something. I know that would be awesome if they could!

10+ Year Old Account
    The real Tequatl boss fight. At the end of an invasion of Lion's Arch by Zhaitan and his minions.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I don't want to seem like im calling you out, but id like to know what games have that. If they are designed properly maybe arenanet could take some of the design and implement it into an event or pvp or something. I know that would be awesome if they could!
    Mostly user made mods in FPS games. Blacklight Retribution has a built in zombie infection mode of that design, if I remember correctly. If it was decided that it would be a popular and fun enough game mode and that enough people would like it to warrant putting resources towards it I'm sure they'd be able to make it work well. Would have to be more of an FPS no respawn setting though, if the zombies continuously respawned it would be pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly user made mods in FPS games. Blacklight Retribution has a built in zombie infection mode of that design, if I remember correctly. If it was decided that it would be a popular and fun enough game mode and that enough people would like it to warrant putting resources towards it I'm sure they'd be able to make it work well. Would have to be more of an FPS no respawn setting though, if the zombies continuously respawned it would be pointless.
    I used to play a WC3 map called Night of the Dead. It was insanely fun and insanely hard.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my realm, people were taking the rez waypoint into the city and coming back without corruption. Neither side could win!
    Valar morghulis

in an MMO that would just invoke another round of QQ for a different reason. You kinda need to do a perma death once you die as a zombie to keep folks from runing back in and that goes counter to MMO design in general. Personaly I see it like I saw the zombie invasion back pre WOTLK, a fun little diversion to experience once but dont take it too seriously as it just is not appropriate for long term use in a persistent world.

Who is John Galt?

I think you people are insane lol. So many ways to make games work. Make death perma for a while (if you dont like it dont join), make zombies only respawn IF one player alive is turned. Make the alive people have alot of tools and ways to keep the zombies at bay.

I think is surely a big design, but also a potential LOTS of fun one. It doesnt have to be in the open PvE as a zone event. Just make a map in sPvP, if you dont like it dont queue for it. And its a game with very easy ways to balance maps. One with open map, keep/castle kind invasions. The living could have some kind of cleansing power, like water or some catalyst to bring infected people to their side, balancing it up.

I think its doable. In fact Ill even suggest in the next beta weekend forum. And I invite all of you to give me some support there . Anyone with me? xD

OBS: Even Counter Strike had a game where one would be a zombie and then had alot of health, and then turn the others...and so on. Was pretty insanely cool (even for a FPS).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh, whatever works for them.

I'm not going to push for much, because ever event so far has been amusing and creative (like when WoW had that "blood infection" debuff that killed people).

I just want to be able to play again, that game is too awesome to put down!