Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Let this be true. Mage's have been overpowered since Wrath. They needed nerfing for quite some time.
    I don't care if my spec is underpowered or not. I have never played discipline in PvP with my priest, or frost with my mage. I play the spec that I like, maybe holy and fire were less "solid", but both have their own tricks that makes me feel useful, and at the end, I feel more rewarded than playing the "god class".

So for me the problem are not numbers, the problem is that fire is far more boring than before without Blast Wave, Flame Orb, and instant Flamestrike. Unfortunatly there too much priests in my guild to play again Holy >< So Destruction is now the other option, I compared spell by spell and warlock toolbox wins for a lot, only Blink is missing. More tools, more combinations, more fun. In addition destruction has an interesting resource mechanic.

Still thinking about Arcane, the new charges mechanic is OK, with Ice Flows and Frost Bomb could be cool in BGs, but even with this new toys, Pandaria Arcane seems more boring than Cataclysm Fire PvP.

Mages have been OP forever, I don't see what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Mages have been OP forever, I don't see what the problem is.
    Mages have never been OP.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    There was no reason to bring a Mage to a raid since you could buy equivalent food/water from the SSO vendor, the zone wide buff provided a better version of Arcane Brilliance, our DPS was below Warlocks, we brought nothing to the raid, and our regen mechanic was at that time extremely out dated (still is actually).

That being said, we were fine in PvP at the time...mostly due to the strength of the other two parts of RMP.
    Yes I know, the numbers wheren't in our favor during this period. But sadly enough this wasn't the only time where it didn't matter if you brought a mage or not.
    Funny enough, only the top guilds actually do this class stacking, so in the end it doesn't matter...

Instead of asking for nerfs the whole time... just stfu and let your fellow raiders be OP so you can actually down the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Mages have never been OP.
    patch 3.3.5 say hello and patch 4.3 from dec to january too... lol

Deleted
    In PvP frost mages has been always in the top 5 of more powerful specs. Never in the first position as restoration druids, affliction warlocks and rogues, but definetly if we rank the PvP history, frost would 2nd behind rogues.

Alot of people seem to be confusing viability with flavor, which is what OP was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Take that stick out ure arse and stop assuming I dont have a mage myself, I found them boring as hell in PvE because of the rotations that you could probably macro and bot with. I find them hilarious in PvP because of the mobility they have coupled with the fact they can burst like a shammy. Mages are OP whether you like it or not, granted I have alot of fun on them, but for a class with the best mobility in the game and massive burst damage they seem to get the best of both worlds here. This is the reason why I dont find them difficult at all, I used to let my pals try my mage out on my account occasionally and they didnt take long to pick it up and actually start winning duels.
    When were you playing a mage, in Vanilla and BC?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

We haven't changed a lot in Beta and that's slightly upsetting but change for change's sake isn't really something you might want to ask for.
    Fire's pretty untouched since Wrath but Frost and Arcane should be interesting to raid with at the very least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    Yes I know, the numbers wheren't in our favor during this period. But sadly enough this wasn't the only time where it didn't matter if you brought a mage or not.
    Funny enough, only the top guilds actually do this class stacking, so in the end it doesn't matter...

Instead of asking for nerfs the whole time... just stfu and let your fellow raiders be OP so you can actually down the boss?
    I'm not asking for nerfs...in fact I don't think I've ever asked something to be nerfed in a PvE setting.

Anyway, this thread has run its course and has devolved into people misunderstanding a legitimate complaint about QoL and graphical changes as a call that Mages need to be nerfed more.

Locking for my own sanity.
    BfA Beta Time