having problems with kiting (resto pvp)

i suspect it has something to do with having high ping.

I do things like frost shock > ghost wolf and earthbind > ghostwolf. (instant ghostwolf specced btw with the movement increase bonus)

even with melee slowed, i get hit from far away (which is where high ping comes in)

The only way i can effectively kite is on my druid as the higher movement speed allows me to gain greater distance so i am not attacked with lag. I get hit from about a metre away and i can only get far enough on my druid.

Is there anything i can do about this besides lowering my ping. Its as low as it can get.

Not sure why didn't anyone else answered you, but its most likely your ping. There isn't much else to do unless you call someone to peel for you.
    I'm not sure how you can kite with a druid better, you are talking about feral right? I found that a resto shaman is the best kiting class against melees.

Perhaps im doing something wrong ? I can kite better on druid as travel form is faster. How is kiting done on shaman?

Because ghost wolf cannot get less then 100% speed and any shaman can frost shock the melee and earthbind.
    Resto druid travel form can be slowed down by AoE slows, switching forms doesn't help, roots is generally worse than a permanent slow.