Thread: The Witcher 2

The Witcher 2

So I bought The Witcher 2 way back when it was still fairly new. I also bought Skyrim at the same time though and decided to play that first. I played it a little bit here and there, maybe 10 or 15 hours total and never had any problems with it. Lately I've been wanting to finish it but whenever I try to play it I'm getting CTD fairly often and when that's not happening little things like opening the quest log or inventory or even the save/load menu break and won't show up. I'll even have times when after a cutscene and a fight starts my screen is just black and I die because I don't know what's happening only to have the Game Over thing show up and everything be fine again. I'm also having to run the first time installing thing or whatever it is every time I launch The Witcher.

I love the game and I want to play it but all of these bugs are VERY annoying. If there's anything I could do to fix this like a new install or anything else I'd really appreciate some info. Don't know if this is just a problem with the current patch or what but I really want to do something about it =3

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are your drivers up to date? Also did you download the latest Witcher 2 patch?

Not sure about my drivers but I'm pretty sure steam automatically updates the latest patches for games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Not sure about my drivers but I'm pretty sure steam automatically updates the latest patches for games.
    If your not sure, It normally means their out of date. ATI Driver(s) link and Nvidia Driver(s) link.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Heres a couple of things you can do to fix the first time thing when you launch the game.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2300563

Thanks just installed my new drivers and I'm looking at finding a solution for the first time set up problem.