Deleted

Space page with great ship destruction

With servers being stable as toddler teeth, I am messing with free pre alpha of one game http://wtfrontier.com/
    It is 2D top down simulator with interior view. You design your ships. Combat is interesting, you break ships literally pixel by pixel. Also there apparently kickstarter launched today: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ier-zero-falls

Quote Originally Posted by Sathe View Post
    With servers being stable as toddler teeth, I am messing with free pre alpha of one game http://wtfrontier.com/
    It is 2D top down simulator with interior view. You design your ships. Combat is interesting, you break ships literally pixel by pixel. Also there apparently kickstarter launched today: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ier-zero-falls
    Looks like a better graphics version of "space pirates and zombies" mixed with some FTL

hey guys
    i need your advice/suggestion for a FPS or TPS game to play in my office. We have 5,6 PC's here and I'm looking for a multiplayer online ,first person,or third person game which does not require high GPU memory. i just want to play on local servers.No high graphics are necessary just good game play and NO lagging . We have c2d cpu's with 2gb ram.

Any help or suggection ? (thanks in advance )

Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    hey guys
    i need your advice/suggestion for a FPS or TPS game to play in my office. We have 5,6 PC's here and I'm looking for a multiplayer online ,first person,or third person game which does not require high GPU memory. i just want to play on local servers.No high graphics are necessary just good game play and NO lagging . We have c2d cpu's with 2gb ram.

Any help or suggection ? (thanks in advance )
    Counter strike, or one of the older modern warfare games!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    *snip*
    Old Counter-Strike. At least Condition Zero or older.
    BAD WOLF

Looking for a new MMO.

Over the years, I have played many MMOs, but I typically become bored around level 20. The only exceptions to this trend are SWTOR and Neverwinter, where I reached max level.

What I want:
    -lots of customization, preferably face and body
    -at least some semblance of a story
    -meaningful fights that take more than two second to complete
    -duo-friendly

What I DON'T like:
    -raids
    -PvP
    -having to group with random people
    -focus on equipment
    -requisite skimpy armors
    -pushing the player to join a guild

I wouldn't call myself a casual or a hardcore. I'm something in-between. I like to roleplay, but I honestly don't need a special server for it, since I tend to keep that private to avoid trolls or unwanted attention.

I really want something I can pick up easily and enjoy. I'm not there for stat munching or finding the magic perfect formula. I do enjoy a challenge, but I don't like arbitrary difficulty based off of sheer numbers or gimmicks.

FFXIV was ideal until the forced dungeons began. I was not a fan of having to do solo story content, regroup, then pray for nice people in dungeons. We reached the 30s and got to a dungeon with an acid dragon and that was it. We kept getting rude people who were not cooperative and the fight was not fun at all, so we quit, since the story is locked behind that. It makes me sad every time I think about it. My husband and I are not the most skilled players, but I wouldn't say we're terrible. I just don't like being berated and screamed vague instructions at by people who have played the dungeon eighty times and have all high-end equipment. I don't feel I should have to acquire the best and lean on a guild to progress in the normal game. It's fine for the people who enjoy that, but I am not that person. So, sadly, despite really loving the game, we quit.

Here is the extensive list of MMOs I have tried: EverQuest, EverQuest II, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, WoW, Aion, FFXI, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Tera, ArcheAge, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Wildstar, Neverwinter, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Istaria, Ryzom, The 4th Coming, Warhammer, Allods, Perfect World, Guild Wars 2, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Ultima Online.

Whew. That's all of them.

I think there may be more in there, but honestly, if I can't think of it now, I must have only barely tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdessence View Post
    Looking for a new MMO.

Over the years, I have played many MMOs, but I typically become bored around level 20. The only exceptions to this trend are SWTOR and Neverwinter, where I reached max level.

What I want:
    -lots of customization, preferably face and body
    -at least some semblance of a story
    -meaningful fights that take more than two second to complete
    -duo-friendly

What I DON'T like:
    -raids
    -PvP
    -having to group with random people
    -focus on equipment
    -requisite skimpy armors
    -pushing the player to join a guild

I wouldn't call myself a casual or a hardcore. I'm something in-between. I like to roleplay, but I honestly don't need a special server for it, since I tend to keep that private to avoid trolls or unwanted attention.

I really want something I can pick up easily and enjoy. I'm not there for stat munching or finding the magic perfect formula. I do enjoy a challenge, but I don't like arbitrary difficulty based off of sheer numbers or gimmicks.

FFXIV was ideal until the forced dungeons began. I was not a fan of having to do solo story content, regroup, then pray for nice people in dungeons. We reached the 30s and got to a dungeon with an acid dragon and that was it. We kept getting rude people who were not cooperative and the fight was not fun at all, so we quit, since the story is locked behind that. It makes me sad every time I think about it. My husband and I are not the most skilled players, but I wouldn't say we're terrible. I just don't like being berated and screamed vague instructions at by people who have played the dungeon eighty times and have all high-end equipment. I don't feel I should have to acquire the best and lean on a guild to progress in the normal game. It's fine for the people who enjoy that, but I am not that person. So, sadly, despite really loving the game, we quit.

Here is the extensive list of MMOs I have tried: EverQuest, EverQuest II, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, WoW, Aion, FFXI, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Tera, ArcheAge, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Wildstar, Neverwinter, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Istaria, Ryzom, The 4th Coming, Warhammer, Allods, Perfect World, Guild Wars 2, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Ultima Online.

Whew. That's all of them.

I think there may be more in there, but honestly, if I can't think of it now, I must have only barely tried it.
    Vindictus, Firefall, and Warframe
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Warframe and WoW. Warframe is super fun (even if it's unbalanced and buggy), and WoW has so much stuff you can do without being a raider or having to do dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Warframe and WoW. Warframe is super fun (even if it's unbalanced and buggy), and WoW has so much stuff you can do without being a raider or having to do dungeons.
    Tried WoW at launch and several times after and it never kept my attention.

EVE Online if you want something not just to bite into; to voraciously indulge in. You should wait until after the start revamp, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Vindictus, Firefall, and Warframe
    I looked into these and none of them have the extensive character creation and RP friendliness I really want. Thanks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdessence View Post
    I looked into these and none of them have the extensive character creation and RP friendliness I really want. Thanks, though.
    There's a RP community in Firefall and they dramatically increased character creation options this last patch.
    If you join an RP guild and turn off zone chat, you should be set.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hread-Firefall
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2014-11-26 at 02:00 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I've played Wildstar, WoW, Guild Wars 1, Titanfall, Combat Arms, SW:TOR, DC universe, Star Wars Galaxies, EvE, etc... I'm still looking for MY game.

Please, if anyone can help me find something with a solid crafting system that isn't simply click and wait, a combat system that isn't just click and kill(something skill based like wildstar or TitanFall), and something with a LARGE population, I would greatly appreciate it.

What I REALLY want is an amu-sphear and GGO or Alfheim Online, but sadly those don't exist, lol.

EDIT: also played Firefall, FF XIV,

I'm thinking that Archeage and Rift might be good choices... any input?
    Last edited by CosmicKobal; 2014-12-08 at 03:16 AM. Reason: just cause

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicKobal View Post

I'm thinking that Archeage and Rift might be good choices... any input?
    with what you are looking for? no, neither of those games has your criteria. however, they are both free to play so no harm in trying them out

10+ Year Old Account
    solid crafting system that isn't simply click and wait
    a combat system that isn't just click and kill(something skill based like wildstar or TitanFall)
    and something with a LARGE population
    These three criteria have eliminated all MMOs. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I'm not trying to be funny or sarcastic. Some of the games you have already played are the closest you will get, but no game is going to have all of these things. There aren't a lot of games that have complex crafting and it seems you've played the 'best' (FFXIV and Firefall) and almost no MMO's will have 'large' populations.

So with that being said, you should try Tera. It has a fairly large population and probably the best action combat of any MMO in an open world setting. Crafting is a little RNG/grindy, but it's not completely tame.
    BAD WOLF

kk, thanks for the input

Currently playing WoW, but I'm kinda bored since I can't really raid except for LFR. Looking for a new MMO to start again, a free one would be better.
    A little background on stuff I've played before and what I liked about them :

GW2 (Loved the leveling,hated the endgame).
    WoW (Always end up coming back).
    Wildstar (Fun for a while,but mostly because I had a guild,leveling was boring imo.).
    SWTOR (Didn't like it that much,maybe because I'm not a star wars fan?).
    Tera (Don't suggest this please,didn't like the combat much D: )

Besides those I've also played Silkroad, Flyff, Maplestory, Dragon's Nest...
    Currently giving FF XIV a try with the demo, but that one is P2P so don't think I'll go with that.
    I also played Rift for a while and got to lvl30 or 40, thinking of giving it another try. Is it completly free? Even the expantions?. Has anything changed with the new Nightmare Tide thing?. I played probably like 2 years ago or something like that.

Asides from that I'd love an MMO that lets me do whatever I want, in terms of, if I want to be a blacksmith and level as a blacksmith making weapons/armors I can, stuff like that. Like those MMOs where you don't really pick a class but end up making one. (Guess Runescape and Mabinogi would fit there I guess).

If not, I'd settle with an MMO where the leveling process and the zones are cool.

Just tell me some MMOs that you've liked that are free. GW2 system also works where I can just buy the game once and don't have to pay monthly sub.

Thanks!.

Edit : Forgot to add a couple of things -
    1 - Not interested in PvP.
    2 - Not interested in P2W games (I know lots of F2P games are P2W but still).
    3 - Anyone knows anything about Perfect World or Forsaken World?. Are they worth it?
    Last edited by jemd13; 2014-12-10 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    *snip*
    Rift is great, still completely free, and the only thing it is missing is your profession desires. Extra souls (talent trees) are the only things that are behind a paywall for the most part. I think it has the typical 'pay $5.00 to unlock a minute amount of features and prove you aren't a bot' thing, but as far as just playing the game you don't need to spend anything.

To be perfectly honest, it is the best traditional MMO with that design that isn't WoW. It has a lot of content and goals, a way to progress sort of like WotLK with dungeons/world events providing a tier or two lower than raid gear,etc. After reading your extensive list, there's really nothing else I've ever played that comes close to what you want. For the record, I've been pulling my hair out just trying to find one MMO I haven't played yet. Mabinogi was the last one I've never tried and the graphics/gameplay is so awful I just couldn't do it....which is a shame because it looked promising design wise.

Perfect World/Forsaken World are terrible. I just can't see you liking them if you have such an affinity for wow/returning to WoW. I thought the world was pretty, but gameplay was very bad.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Rift is great, still completely free, and the only thing it is missing is your profession desires. Extra souls (talent trees) are the only things that are behind a paywall for the most part. I think it has the typical 'pay $5.00 to unlock a minute amount of features and prove you aren't a bot' thing, but as far as just playing the game you don't need to spend anything.

To be perfectly honest, it is the best traditional MMO with that design that isn't WoW. It has a lot of content and goals, a way to progress sort of like WotLK with dungeons/world events providing a tier or two lower than raid gear,etc. After reading your extensive list, there's really nothing else I've ever played that comes close to what you want. For the record, I've been pulling my hair out just trying to find one MMO I haven't played yet. Mabinogi was the last one I've never tried and the graphics/gameplay is so awful I just couldn't do it....which is a shame because it looked promising design wise.

Perfect World/Forsaken World are terrible. I just can't see you liking them if you have such an affinity for wow/returning to WoW. I thought the world was pretty, but gameplay was very bad.
    Yeah I've been thinking mostly about Rift too...I saw Aion too, but not sure, besides it's 40GB and my internet is really slow so not sure if it's worth downloading all that just to try it lol. Anyone played it before?. Or anyone has any other suggestions?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    Yeah I've been thinking mostly about Rift too...I saw Aion too, but not sure, besides it's 40GB and my internet is really slow so not sure if it's worth downloading all that just to try it lol. Anyone played it before?. Or anyone has any other suggestions?.
    It was pretty, but I didn't get into it very much. I likely didn't give it enough time, but something about it turned me off pretty quickly. I'll give it a try again in the future, but unless you are dealing with download caps I would go for anyone you can try. If you have caps, I can understand why that is a waste.

PS - this is regarding Aion, not Rift. Rift is totally worth it. Realized it may have been confusing.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2014-12-11 at 04:20 PM.
    BAD WOLF