Quote Originally Posted by LoriRichards View Post
    Hi everybody!
    Recently while surfing wed I accidentally found a game, read many comments that compliment this game very well and the game name is Among Us. I am wondering a few things about this game:
    Among us is a game like?
    Among us is a game genre?
    Can I play Among Us on multiple machines?
    And the game Among Us is simple?

I want to consult please. Thanks.
    Among Us is a very simplistic video game version of mafia. In Among Us, you play as a crewmember on board a spaceship. During the "day phase", you run around doing your assigned tasks - ie, minigames like connecting wires together, or memorizing a passcode and inputting it, etc. The scum players who are randomly picked walk around the spaceship trying to murder the other crewmembers. If a town crewmember stumbles upon and reports a dead body, the game comes to a halt and the playerbase enters a voting phase, where the players can talk to each other for 2 minutes and decide if they want to lynch someone (by ejecting them out the airlock). However, unlike forum mafia games, where the debators can thoroughly break down their evidence and arguements, the voting phase in Among Us is... very careless. With 2 minutes, there isn't really any time for people to thoroughly explain their position, so it usually winds up being one guy points a finger at another guy and everyone else bandwagons out of self preservation and that's that.

You can buy Among Us for $5 on Steam. It's quite fun to play with friends, but it wears out its welcome after a few hours. If you liked the idea of Among Us but want a more indepth game, get Town of Salem, or join a forum mafia group.

WoW like PvP without the grind

Hi,

I wonder if there is a game out there that has WoW (or other mmorpg) like PvP:

• Skill system
    • Targeting
    • Camera
    • Different types of maps not only dota maps
    • etc

But without the level, gear and other grinding, so you could just select a character, queue for PvP (single queue of course) and have some fun.

Is there such a game out there hat is also decent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarni View Post
    Hi,

• Skill system
    • Targeting
    • Camera
    • etc

But without the level, gear and other grinding, so you could just select a character, queue for PvP (single queue of course) and have some fun.

Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2.

For GW1, you can create a max level character for PvP and jump in ASAP.

For GW2, you have to create a character and do the tutorial, which takes about 10-15 minutes. Once you've done that, you can go to the Mists (PvP lobby) to start customizing your character build and you're good to go. In the Mists/PvP, you have access to all skills, talents, and abilities in the game, even if you haven't unlocked that stuff in the PvE side of the game yet.

I can't remember if ESO allows you to do this, but in ESO you can finish the tutorial zone and then enter the Cryodill PvP zone quite early on. I can't remember if there is level scaling or if you are allowed to use any ability in that zone even if you haven't acquired it in PvE yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarni View Post
    Hi,

• Skill system
    • Targeting
    • Camera
    • etc

Check out Smite. It's slightly different but it's actually a pretty fun game.

Exclamation LF more games with XC2/FFXII-style autocombat!

Bit of an anecdote to contextualize the request:

I bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a couple years ago, because I adored Xenogears and Xenosaga, so imagine my disappointment when THAT notoriously over-complex combat system punches my much older "oh come on I shouldn't need a college degree in one game to enjoy it" effortconomical old gamer self in the face. So I put it down shortly after and then months of WoW happened and it just kinda faded away as wasted money. Covid hits and I decide to revisit this game to try to learn the combat system once and for all and, low and behold, among the DLCs I got with the game when I bought it on special are two quality of life items (for the record, thumbs down on the general idea of QOL in DLC) that have now propelled me to over 30 hours in and on the second half of the wonderful story.

Those two items were auto combat and de-agroing most overworld creatures unless you initiate combat.

Combined with just playing on the lowest difficulty like any person who doesn't play purely to validate their "mad skillz," (do the kids still say that? I doubt it) this game has become a wonderful experiment in customizing a loadout and just watching the light show when combat shows up.

It stands to reason that any game like this that wants to be "button/UI intense combat" with a party where you control only one of a handful of characters could, on a lower difficulty, be allowed to have the AI drive the whole team, and Xenoblade 2 and FFXII have both proven this true. There's still gameplay in customizing the loadout and in gathering resources to power the numbers that make everyone hit harder (I even solved a very gimmick intense boss fight by grinding out optional defensive gear that would cancel out a specific mechanic's damage), but there are clearly ways to enjoy these "autobattle enabled" games that I find most satisfying! It's fine if people like higher difficulties and micromanaging, but I don't, and I'm hoping there are more games that give that option!

I intend to do this next with Tales of Berseria, but it got me thinking that while those two games will occupy me for weeks if not months, it's still worth asking if people in gaming circles are aware of more games like this, that I can put on the list! Switch and/or PC titles preferred, but I'm ultimately more interested in seeing how prevalent this concept is! Like should I expect this to be a thing in Tales of Arise? Is this a "Tales series" staple?

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful replies!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-05-04 at 08:11 PM.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

XBC2 and FFXII are two of my favorite games. I know exactly the type of game you are looking for. I too have searched for these games.

First, let me say the top game I would suggest that you probably haven't played, and which isn't an auto-battler, but which you might love because of the absolute spirit of that game compared to XBC2 and XII, is Vagrant Story for PS1. I can't describe why these three games remind me so much of each other, but they each have that perfect mix of feeling like endless gameplay, story, and the kind of grip that lets you walk away the first time and then come back and love the game. Similarly FFTactics has a similar feel, even though it is of course a completely different genre and totally different gameplay wise.

The other game is of course Borderlands 2/3. No autobattler(but isn't just playing an autobattle sometimes) but the world has very much the XBC2/World of Warcraft feel and though an entirely different genre, it brings that feeling to the forefront for me.

So, despite the request, I am going to recommend some games completely out of left field, lol. Vagrant Story, FFTactics, and Borderlands 2 or 3. I don't know why, but there it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure if this is the right thread

what is the best option to buy half-life games on steam? i feel like playing them
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what is the best option to buy half-life games on steam? i feel like playing them
    You just buy HL1, HL2, and the two episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You just buy HL1, HL2, and the two episodes.
    original HL1 or maybe source? half life complete bundle?

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    original HL1 or maybe source? half life complete bundle?
    Complete would you give the best discount for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/Z74y3IVGHwo

Looks like HL source is broken shitty "remaster" same as GTA san Andreas remaster was, for example

- - - Updated - - -

Heres another one

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/dBn_iLrEt1c

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello there.

So, due to needing some time off from WoW every now and then, and also having sleepless nights, I'm looking for suggestions for game(s).

This is going to sound insanely weird (and probably funny), but for some unknown reason I like mounts. I love being able to ride around on a horse or wolf or whatever and explore etc etc. Mount collecting is one of the things keeping me playing WoW...

I've tried The Elder Scrolls Online, but it didn't stick (not sure why, might have been the f2p model, maybe I should give it another try). I'm currently looking into giving Assassin's Creed: Valhalla a try, and installing Red Dead Redemption 2 as we speak, as I didn't play that much. As you can see, when it comes to genre, I'm pretty open to anything except MOBA's.

So yeah, shoot! I know in general it's pretty vague information, but I'll try answering any questions you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Hello there.

So, due to needing some time off from WoW every now and then, and also having sleepless nights, I'm looking for suggestions for game(s).

This is going to sound insanely weird (and probably funny), but for some unknown reason I like mounts. I love being able to ride around on a horse or wolf or whatever and explore etc etc. Mount collecting is one of the things keeping me playing WoW...

I've tried The Elder Scrolls Online, but it didn't stick (not sure why, might have been the f2p model, maybe I should give it another try). I'm currently looking into giving Assassin's Creed: Valhalla a try, and installing Red Dead Redemption 2 as we speak, as I didn't play that much. As you can see, when it comes to genre, I'm pretty open to anything except MOBA's.

So yeah, shoot! I know in general it's pretty vague information, but I'll try answering any questions you may have.
    Shadow of the Colossus has the most satisfying horse riding I've ever experienced. You ride across vast landscapes, and the camera adjusts to really give you a sense of speed and scale and frames everything just right, and the camera and horse animations are really timed with the horse's gait, so you really feel the horse's gait. You can also perform cool stunts while riding the horse, such as hanging along the side of the horse, or standing up on the saddle looking awesome.

In Mount & Blade: Warband, you'll spend most of your battles on a horse commanding the battles, or riding into the fray and cutting down hundreds of enemy soldiers with a single swing of your weapon or thrust of your spear. Feels nice killing people while on horseback.

In Panzer Dragoon, you ride on a dragon and can evolve the dragon into a few different forms. However, it is an on rails shooter like Star Fox. Panzer Dragoon Saga gives you more freedom to control the dragon and fly around, and has more RPGish combat. You'll want to use an undub patch because the English voices are pretty bad, as is typical for a dubbed game from the 90s.

Guild Wars 2's second expansion, Path of Fire, introduced mounts. Unlike the usual implementation of WoW-style mounts in MMOs, mounts in GW2 instead have special gameplay. The bunny rabbit can jump really tall and is useful for jumping up cliffs (Path of Fire zones are designed around using this mechanic). Raptors can leap across gulfs. The Roller Beetle is a racing chariot that is pulled by a rolling beetle. There is a flying mount called the Griffon, but it takes skill to use as it is momentum based. It is a real joy to use the Griffon to fly around the highly vertical map of Verdant Brink (a map from the first expansion, which is bundled in with purchasing Path of Fire). You can buy different skins for the mounts.

If you're partial to riding around in a mecha, then in Xenoblade Chronicles X you can aquire a mecha, get into it, and fly it around the large environments, and even fight gigantic monsters while in it.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-05-16 at 01:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Woah, some great suggestions! I'll definitely look into all of them. Thank you for taking the time to make such a content rich reply Off I go to look into them all!

Anyone have any games?

Who's bored please share good games

The gamers are currently having a hard-on for Battlefield 2042 or whatever it's called and the next Halo. If you need something now, they would recommend CoD.

Is Monster Hunter Rise a good starting point to get into the series? I missed out on World 'cause I thought it was a Monster Rancher game lol. Also, is MH better than MMOs such as FFXIV?

Good strategy games

What happened to good fantasy strategy games like Heroes of Might and Magic or Disciples? Why are not new ones like those appearing anymore?

I still want a good RTS like Kohan, I loved the concept of a squad that if a unit lived would revive over time. Add on the heroes and I really had fun with that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.