Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Ok so short story.

I had to reinstall windows on my pc, went to a local game store to pickup a cheap ps2 game to play while I wait for all my games/drivers etc to download & install. Saw skylanders giants for the wii. Picked it up for my 7/8 year old brothers. I just played it about 20 minutes ago, was browsing saw skylanders spyros adventure for pc, but giants was nice because, of well, giants...

Was curious if there was anything like it for the pc? I know disney infinity is possibly coming to PC, but no confirmation is given yet and swap force to my knowledge is not coming to pc.

If theres nothing similar to it, what are the major differences between spyro's adventure & giants besides the fact of the giants characters.
    Diablo III is similar in gameplay mechanics, but it's definitely more gory and violent.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

I guess I should've said this. I was looking for something with the whole character/swap mechanic. Its a rare & new mechanic in gaming. I do have d3 for the record, and absolutely still <3 it after a year. I did notice immediately though it felt like playing d3 in a kid version. I liked how you could open this area with a nature type character.

Anyways, more ideas?

I am Murloc! Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Diablo 3.
    Path of Exile (DEFINITELY should keep tabs on that).
    FATE

Disney Infiniti (similar to the toy idea, not in gameplay).

Giant in Skylanders only do a bit more damage and are used to finish Giant-only puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Diablo 3.
    Path of Exile (DEFINITELY should keep tabs on that).
    FATE

Disney Infiniti (similar to the toy idea, not in gameplay).

Giant in Skylanders only do a bit more damage and are used to finish Giant-only puzzles.
    I appreciate the suggestions, in fact I haven't heard about FATE in a long time, but you didn't identify the fact I wanted something similar to swapping characters like in skylanders/infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Mod Edit:

A lot of people pass through the Video Games forum looking for suggestions as to what game or games they should try out. This results in a lot of duplicate threads asking the same questions over and over again. Hopefully this thread will solve that problem by providing a "backlog" of questions and suggestions for those of you who may have already had the same wants and needs desired from a game expressed (and hopefully a satisfactory answer or two to go with them).

A few ground rules need to be laid out to cut down on the static and keep the focus on the purpose of this thread.
    • Be specific as to what you're looking for in a game.
    • When suggesting a game, try to include a link to its dedicated thread.
    • Don't insult or call into question someone else's questions or answers; we all have different tastes here.
    • Do not embed videos or large pictures. Links only, please.
    • Quote the person you're responding to. If the thread gets busy, things can get confusing.
    • Be open to new things. Your favorite game could be the one you've never heard of or thought you'd like.
    • As always, please keep the conversation civil and constructive!

------------------------------

All I see now are violent games where you shoot this or kill that, and to be honest I get bored with it very fast.
    So I was hoping to get some tips on non-violent games, like indie games, side-scrollers, adventure games, management games or RTS games like The Settlers would also be fun.

I own Trine 1 & 2, Portal 1 & 2 and Psychonauts (not quite non-violent but far from violent anyway).

Any tips for a game you think might fit into what I'm looking for? I know others might be interested as well, so let's see what we can gather up.
    I can warmly recommend one of my favorite games, wurm online. It is really popular as a family game and very light on the violence. You can play it straight as a farming simulator, builder, creativity or terraforming game. It is sandbox so it is what you want to make it more or less and has the features and functionality to support it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Looking for a PC-based Hack n Slash style Action RPG that I could play co-op with a friend over the net.

Not looking to play Diablo...something different preferably. He's in NH and I'm in Florida...but we get tired of duoQ in League of Legends and just wanna go smash some shit and collect loot...like old school Champions of Norrath or Baldur's Gate style.

Age of game doesn't matter.

edit: is Din's Curse any good?

Thanks in advance!
    Check out torch light 2 and adventures of van helsing

Warhammer Online or Rift?

I want to try one of these 2 games - Warhammer Online or Rift but I'm not sure which one I should play. I've heard PvP in Warhammer Online is amazing - how does it look in Rift? Which game have a better PvE?

Just tell me which game I should try first

Warhammer is closing. FFXIV is decent.
    Build #1: Corsair 350D | EVGA 500W PSU | Gigabyte Z97M-D3H | Intel i5-4690k | Crucial MX100 512GB SSD / WD 1TB | Gigabyte Black GTX-750Ti | 16GB Gskill - Windows 8.1

Budget Build: DS Aero | EVGA 500W PSU | Gigabyte B85-D3V | Intel G3258 [email protected] GHz | 250GB Samsung EVO | WD 500GB Data | EVGA GTX-750Ti | 8GB Gskill | Windows 7 Pro

Rift is the game of the lords in pve. If I loved pve and some good raiding going on and grinding for those epic items... I would dedicate my raiding schedule to Rift =)
    However, I dont pve these days... havent got it in my blood... and dont have time to raid regulary :P But Rift is still on computer for a random warfront every now and then, the soul system in game is amazing.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Rift is a far better game than Warhammer online. Exhibit A. Warhammer is closing down.

I would go Final Fantasy 14 a realm reborn over Rift tho.

Rift has some of the best PVE out there with one of the best payment models out there.

Warhammer, on the other hand, is dead.
    (Like, not "lol didn't kill wow" dead but like, they are shutting down the game dead)
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Oh man, talk about timing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh man, talk about timing.
    I was just thinking that. Well, given the options I'm going to have to go with Rift. If you had asked this yesterday I would have still told you Rift. Probably good since Warhammer is finally closing....4 years too late.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I want to try one of these 2 games - Warhammer Online or Rift but I'm not sure which one I should play. I've heard PvP in Warhammer Online is amazing - how does it look in Rift? Which game have a better PvE?

Just tell me which game I should try first
    Warhammer is dead - servers all closing Dec 18th

Rift is way too grindy. I would personally try Dragon's Prophet, Firefall or even Guild Wars 2 - I am gonna buy FF14 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidNitro View Post
    Rift is way too grindy. - I am gonna buy FF14 this week.
    If you don't like grinds, don't get FFXIV. You are going to hate it. Just leveling your class properly is more of a grind than Rift will ever be. Imagine Rift except you have to level your souls individually and then you run out of quests and have to just kill mobs and do Rift Events/Invasions. That's pretty much FFXIV leveling.

I love the game, but if the grind is your big thing...don't buy it.
    BAD WOLF

Rift isn't that grindy except for SL rep grinds. IA + exp boots = 50 in no time. 50-60 on the other hand... Well, that's a bit of a hike. But I wouldn't call it a crazy grind.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

I want to play a MUD

Anyone got a MUD recommendation? I've never played one my self, so something easy and with some users.

(did a basic search for this thread and couldn't find one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Anyone got a MUD recommendation? I've never played one my self, so something easy and with some users.

(did a basic search for this thread and couldn't find one.)
    wth is a mud
    I'm no rockstar .., i'm a fucking legend!!

Medievia

I played it back in my younger days.

For a client I'd recommend mudmaster cmd line or the gui version
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Laurellin - Deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    wth is a mud
    Multi User Dungeon. Sort of a precursor to MMOs, but with text instead of graphics. Google would be your friend here.

I don't know exactly but generally my definition is a multiplier text based game.