Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ...
16
56
64
65
66
67
68
76
... LastLast
  1. #1301
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    Sad to hear that, was thinking of buying it.
    i'd definitely suggest waiting for proper reviews before doing so. i really hope i'm wrong on this, but i have a feeling it will be a bugfest of the likes of Rome 2..
    Oh, I need some advice myself!

    What should I spend my money on? Another copy of Assassin's creed 4 for pc (mostly for multiplayer, don't have xbox live), pokemon X or bioshock infinite dlc?
    i haven't played any of those, so no idea^^

  2. #1302
    Epic! Hellravager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    6th level of hell
    Posts
    1,674
    Also looking for a mmo to play currently playing WoW but when im not raiding i have nothing to do. Was looking at Blade and Soul and was thinking about buying a account but idk about how safe/reliable that is. sites newgameway

    MMO's I've played.
    Guild Wars 2 (no raids killed it for me)
    EQ I & II
    WoW
    Rift (guild broke up)
    TERA (Auction House / ilvl requirements killed it for me)
    Aion (Made it to 50 before i lost interest in my gunslinger)
    Age of Wushu (tried it but gave up because could never find any help)
    Dragon Nest (Same as Aion)
    FFARR XIV (beta + armor kinda is very meh)
    Neverwinter (Lost interest)
    Dungeons and Dragons online (sorta lost interest)
    Maplestory (outgrew it)
    Path Of Exile (Sort of like Diablo 3 but heard end-game is horrible)
    Vindictus (Sorta P2W with the instant healing pots)
    Scarlet Blade (Too much is too much)
    Forsaken World (P2W)
    Loong (Good game but gets very meh later)
    SWTOR (no guild + restrictions kill it for a f2p)
    Dragons Prophet (tried beta didnt really stick with me)
    RaiderZ (Lost interest mid-halfway to cap because you run out of quests)
    DC Universe Online (Good game as long as you dont burn yourself out)
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2013-11-17 at 11:27 PM.
    "I'll tease you until you burst. I hope you can last until morning."
    -CC Sadist.

  3. #1303

    Help me

    Hi, because i got bored of wow i am looking for some new mmorpg that is good and nice. I prefer f2p but even b2p can be good. I tryed EvE online was playing for araound 1 month and got bored just not the game for me. Played Rift till lvl 15 bored. Any other suggestions? I am wiling to spend some money in game but not a lot.

    Thank you

  4. #1304
    Epic! Hellravager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    6th level of hell
    Posts
    1,674
    A mod will probably come in and direct you to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Suggest-a-Game!
    Anyway my list of mmos give 1 a shot XD
    EQ I & II
    TERA
    Aion
    Age of Wushu
    Dragon Nest
    FFARR XIV
    Neverwinter
    Dungeons and Dragons online
    Maplestory (outgrew it)
    Path Of Exile (Sort of like Diablo 3 but heard end-game is horrible)
    Vindictus (Sorta P2W with the instant healing pots)
    Scarlet Blade (Too much focus on boobs)
    Forsaken World (P2W)
    Loong (Good game but gets very meh later)
    SWTOR
    Dragons Prophet (tried beta didnt really stick with me generic game)
    RaiderZ (Lost interest mid-halfway to cap because you run out of quests)
    DC Universe Online (Good game as long as you dont burn yourself out)
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2013-11-17 at 09:38 AM.
    "I'll tease you until you burst. I hope you can last until morning."
    -CC Sadist.

  5. #1305
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    A mod will probably come in and direct you to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Suggest-a-Game!
    Anyway my list of mmos give 1 a shot XD
    EQ I & II
    TERA
    Aion
    Age of Wushu
    Dragon Nest
    FFARR XIV
    Neverwinter
    Dungeons and Dragons online
    Maplestory (outgrew it)
    Path Of Exile (Sort of like Diablo 3 but heard end-game is horrible)
    Vindictus (Sorta P2W with the instant healing pots)
    Scarlet Blade (Too much focus on boobs)
    Forsaken World (P2W)
    Loong (Good game but gets very meh later)
    SWTOR
    Dragons Prophet (tried beta didnt really stick with me generic game)
    RaiderZ (Lost interest mid-halfway to cap because you run out of quests)
    DC Universe Online (Good game as long as you dont burn yourself out)
    You may want to add age of conan, firefall, starconflict, and marvel heroes.
    *also, PoE end game isn't terrible... just design for a specific demographic. lol
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Arsenal, Nighthawk, Raptor, Tigerclaw, Electron
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  6. #1306
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    *also, PoE end game isn't terrible... just design for a specific demographic. lol
    agreed. plus it's really not an mmo, and as such shouldn't be compared to one in the first place.

    i'm surprised Guild Wars 2 isn't on that list. it's pretty damn good at what it does, although it's probably not what you're looking for if you want endgame that is very similar to that of wow. but then again, rift and swtor apparently couldn't keep you, and you describe dragons prophet as too "generic", so maybe you should give it a try^^

  7. #1307
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    agreed. plus it's really not an mmo, and as such shouldn't be compared to one in the first place.

    i'm surprised Guild Wars 2 isn't on that list. it's pretty damn good at what it does, although it's probably not what you're looking for if you want endgame that is very similar to that of wow. but then again, rift and swtor apparently couldn't keep you, and you describe dragons prophet as too "generic", so maybe you should give it a try^^
    Ugh, yes. Gw2.

    There's so many solid MMOs out nowadays I feel like you need to have a cheatsheet to remember all 30+ or so at any given moment.

    (I wish I had more time to play more MMOs... GW2 has been neglected lately : / 4+ hours a day would be good enough to juggle 4-5 mmos again. Down to 2-3 right now)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-11-17 at 02:46 PM.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Arsenal, Nighthawk, Raptor, Tigerclaw, Electron
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  8. #1308
    I recently upgraded to a new gfx card and im looking for some stunning looking games that follow the eastern / Asian theme.

    What I mean with that is games like TERA , Final Fantasy XIV, Aion , games like that or that style of GFX/Characters/Visuals.

    I know the games I just listed are all MMO's but it was just to point into which style I want them to look ( and look good ), I don't mind if they are MMO or RPG aslong as they are free to play ( incase of MMO )

    Cheers

  9. #1309
    Epic! Hellravager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    6th level of hell
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    agreed. plus it's really not an mmo, and as such shouldn't be compared to one in the first place.

    i'm surprised Guild Wars 2 isn't on that list. it's pretty damn good at what it does, although it's probably not what you're looking for if you want endgame that is very similar to that of wow. but then again, rift and swtor apparently couldn't keep you, and you describe dragons prophet as too "generic", so maybe you should give it a try^^
    I did play GW2 just forgot about it XD
    "I'll tease you until you burst. I hope you can last until morning."
    -CC Sadist.

  10. #1310
    I am searching for a game that is not based on teamplay(like dota or lol) but still has the action and the strategy part. I was struggling between a TCG or CCG and starcraft. I was thinking at starcraft but im just scared to try it because i think that it has waaaaay too much depth(you need to know keybinds,micro,macro,strategy, how to be fast enough and it just seems like a mountain to me.) If someone can give some suggestions or some advice?

  11. #1311
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I recently upgraded to a new gfx card and im looking for some stunning looking games that follow the eastern / Asian theme.

    What I mean with that is games like TERA , Final Fantasy XIV, Aion , games like that or that style of GFX/Characters/Visuals.

    I know the games I just listed are all MMO's but it was just to point into which style I want them to look ( and look good ), I don't mind if they are MMO or RPG aslong as they are free to play ( incase of MMO )

    Cheers
    Unfortunately thats all I can think of. You named them. Hum...

    I mean obiviously you may want to try skyrim thats a good one.

    Its not an eastern/asian theme, but crysis is really done well graphically. All 3

    Planetside 2 is very visually impressive as well, not eastern or asian either.


    I don't play many, but I recently had the same situation as you.


    The biggest thing I can help you remember though, is that not every game is optimized. For example, I can run planetside 2 ultra no problems before the performance updates recently with 40+ fps in fights.

    Sometimes on d3 or marvel heroes I get a max of 30 fps in big fights.

    Not every game is optimized correctly, but the ones I listed are done very well in optimization and are only getting better. Enjoy the new gfx card.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    I am searching for a game that is not based on teamplay(like dota or lol) but still has the action and the strategy part. I was struggling between a TCG or CCG and starcraft. I was thinking at starcraft but im just scared to try it because i think that it has waaaaay too much depth(you need to know keybinds,micro,macro,strategy, how to be fast enough and it just seems like a mountain to me.) If someone can give some suggestions or some advice?
    Starcraft 2 actually isn't horrible. Its very very overwhelming at first, but theres arcade maps that can train you to do such things and only get better with practice.

    You play dota 2 I assume so I assume you've played some of the characters that require micro management of minions at least a few times.

    Just like in league or dota, you don't get perfect overnight. It takes practice, and starcraft 2 will be just that, just like any other tcg/ccg.

    Give it a try, if you don't like it, you don't. If not for anything else, theres tons of arcade maps and most are fun.

  12. #1312

    Wanting to start something new.

    I've recently quit World of Warcraft, to start on something new, and a little more exciting. I'm struggling to find a game, and I don't really want to return to WoW,
    So what would you guys recommend? I like fps games, role playing etc.

    Thanks

  13. #1313
    Quote Originally Posted by danblades View Post
    I've recently quit World of Warcraft, to start on something new, and a little more exciting. I'm struggling to find a game, and I don't really want to return to WoW,
    So what would you guys recommend? I like fps games, role playing etc.

    Thanks
    For FPS, Blacklight Retribution is a pretty decent F2P game. The gunplay is pretty solid and it's good fun. It's a bit P2W, but it's not too bad and won't really ruin your experience at all.

    For MMORPG's, I'd recommend Rift (F2P WoW-esque game), TSW (B2P game without traditional leveling or classes), Tera (F2P with good action combat, a bit grindy though) or SWTOR (very restrictive F2P model, but basically WoW in the Star Wars universe).

  14. #1314
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    I am searching for a game that is not based on teamplay(like dota or lol) but still has the action and the strategy part. I was struggling between a TCG or CCG and starcraft. I was thinking at starcraft but im just scared to try it because i think that it has waaaaay too much depth(you need to know keybinds,micro,macro,strategy, how to be fast enough and it just seems like a mountain to me.) If someone can give some suggestions or some advice?
    SC2 has actually incredibly simplified keybindings and it's much MUCH easier to micro/macro than sc1 was. All buildings basically have the same W,S, A, D keybindings so you only need to memorize the number the bulidings is associated to.

    Group barracks to 5, press 5, press Q = Marine

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by danblades View Post
    I've recently quit World of Warcraft, to start on something new, and a little more exciting. I'm struggling to find a game, and I don't really want to return to WoW,
    So what would you guys recommend? I like fps games, role playing etc.

    Thanks
    Dark Messiah: Might and magic

    Controls are a bit clunky by today's standard but still very fun.

  15. #1315
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For FPS, Blacklight Retribution is a pretty decent F2P game. The gunplay is pretty solid and it's good fun. It's a bit P2W, but it's not too bad and won't really ruin your experience at all.

    For MMORPG's, I'd recommend Rift (F2P WoW-esque game), TSW (B2P game without traditional leveling or classes), Tera (F2P with good action combat, a bit grindy though) or SWTOR (very restrictive F2P model, but basically WoW in the Star Wars universe).
    Hey thanks for the quick reply! I will certainly try out SWTOR, I've heard some decent things about it. Have you played guild wars 2? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Worth buying and the time? I've played guild wars prophecies, factions and nightfall and enjoyed them both!

  16. #1316
    I would say Wolfteam WAS good but since they made skins what give you stats the game became a Pay to Win game and you know that this kind of game are not good =(

  17. #1317
    Herald of the Titans Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftains
    Posts
    2,857
    Hawken is amazingly fun. It's basically Quake with mechs, but heavily team based.

    You also can try Tribes: Ascend, if you like sniping people at 300 miles an hour in midair.

  18. #1318
    Im shocked nobody has mentioned Quake Live.

    http://www.quakelive.com/#!home
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

  19. #1319
    I'm looking for a PC game, available on Steam, where I can just be EVIL. but REALLY evil. You know how they let some movie bad guys kick a dog to show how evil they are? I want to poison the dog, douse it in gasoline while it's dying, tie dynamite around it, light the fuse and kick the dog into an orphanage. I want to play someone so evil, the hypothetical offspring of cruela deville and Hitler would think the character's actions are messed up.

    does a game like that exist?
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  20. #1320
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,165
    Quote Originally Posted by danblades View Post
    Have you played guild wars 2? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Worth buying and the time? I've played guild wars prophecies, factions and nightfall and enjoyed them both!
    it's pretty good at what it does, but not really similar to guild wars 1. i'd say it's definitely worth giving it a try though, especially since it's just b2p.

    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    does a game like that exist?
    i'd suggest KotOR if you still want a serious story.

    most games either just have some choices that are selfish or merciless rather than actually evil, or take a humorous approach at the whole being evil thing. Overlord would be one of the later that i heard is pretty fun, but i haven't actually played it myself. Fable probably fits that category as well (at least Fable III does) and maybe even something like Fallout: New Vegas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •