Deleted
    Try Rift or Star Trek online.

In Rift there are several Talent trees availible so for example every class can fill a role.
    Rogue- You can be Melle DPS, Ranged DPS, Pet DPS, or play music or support your group as a Bard or Technician.
    Warrior- Melle DPS, Ranged DPS, Elemental DPS, Pet DPS/Support.
    Mage- Several Pets (Necromancer, Elementals and so forth) At higher lvls you can become a Lich. Or a Fire Mage, Or some kind of Stormbringer or even best of all a Melle Mage and hit stuff. Want DoTs? Their is a complete Talent tree dedicated for DOTs, want to play CC, Theres a spec for that. Want to heal your group while Nuking things? Also possible with the
    Cleric- Want to Heal? or Maybe play as a Disc Priest with hundreds of Bubbles? Or some kind of Strange Fire mage that heals wounds with Fire and burn your enemies? Or how about Melle DPS, who can shoot lightning. What about as a Pet class and letting Fairies kill your enemies? Or best of all making some Kind of Ranged Paladin throwing around Bolts of Judgement or Bolt of Retribution.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc

Or try Star Trek Online. You can fly, equip your own Spaceship or just walk around with your Officers and beat stuff up as a Gorn. Or some kind be a Vulcan or a Romulan. Why anybody wants to be anything other then a Gorn I will never understand.

In my experience both games are free and you really do not need to spend a cent to enjoy the content. In Rift bonus experience at higher levels helps, but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    I meant there's no subscription.
    Np just wanted to be clear is all so the OP dose not get confused.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreten View Post
    Gothic 1 and 2
    I'd second the Gothic series. I'd add #3 to the list too, may not be as good as #2 when it comes to the story but it's still a brilliant sandbox-rpg.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any decent tycoon games coming soon or out now for the PC or Xbox One? Zoo Tycoon looks a little fun but from what i've seen there are no aquatic animals which disappoints me or any animals swimming. For some odd damn reason, that shit interests me a lot. I'd like to see everything going on in a game. May sound like a weird request but something like Viva Pinata would be so damn awesome. Played that game when i was younger and liked it a lot and then got tired of the cartoony looks. Also if this helps, something kind of like Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Something close to that, just give me a decent tycoon game with decent graphics (doesn't have to be the best)
    Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

So Steam is having a sale on the Splinter Sale games this weekend. The newest one is still $20 so I'm gonna pass on it for now, but the rest are $2.50.

Anyone played any of them? Any worth getting?

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
    Splinter Cell Cell Conviction
    Splinter Cell

Anyone know of any fun games where you can be a necromancer-type or fool around with undead at least?

I mean something similar to Diablo 2 necromancers but in a new story/world would be ideal but I don't know of anything that exists like that. Anything really involving raising the dead, having lots of minions, etc. Even RTS/strategy games that involve undead are interesting to me. I've heard some good things about Dominions 3 and i've played a necromancer in Dwarf Fortress. Good times all around.

I'm not too hung up on graphics or anything either, I appreciate old games if they are fun or made well. I mainly just want to get a bunch of undead and go kill stuff with them and it's so much harder to find a game where you control the undead instead of kill them.

Demons work too, doesn't have to strictly be undead. And I have zero interest in games with pet classes that only let you have ONE pet. Most ludicrous nonsense ever.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

looking for a decent game that can emulate the RPG Open world feeling, but having offline gameplay. Skyrim, Fallout 3, Oblivion etc all fall in that list for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    looking for a decent game that can emulate the RPG Open world feeling, but having offline gameplay. Skyrim, Fallout 3, Oblivion etc all fall in that list for me.
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is kinda open world-ish. the story is rather linear, but there are still wide open areas that let you go pretty much whereever you want. it's not as good as the ones you mentioned, but i don't think you'll really find any others that are.

also, it's currently -70% on steam.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is somewhat similar (regarding the semi-open world) and overall a pretty great rpg, if you don't mind the sci-fi theme.

other games with great open world would be Farcry 3 and the Assassins Creed series, although neither is really an rpg, they just have some rpg elements.
    Last edited by Sy; 2014-01-31 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is somewhat similar (regarding the semi-open world) and overall a pretty great rpg, if you don't mind the sci-fi theme.
    Deus Ex is not an open world game at all, it isn't even semi-open world because all the missions are perfectly linear. 2 relatively open city areas (still pretty small though and don't have much to explore) that you can access between missions but not always and depending on after which mission you just did don't make it an open world game. Pretty much every linear RPG has cities like this, DA:O, DA 2... Mass Effect series etc.

It's still a very good game though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Try the Gothic series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,
    I am looking for a PC game similar to Tyrian 2000. Anyone knows of a good one?

Any fast-paced f2p aerial combat games?

So, when I had my PS2, I loved Ace Combat 4. Right now, I don't feel like paying 30 bucks, and I don't feel like waiting on PS2 load times for a single player game. I'm looking for a game that gives me more game time than load time (War Thunder is terrible. God, kill it with fire.) and allows me to shoot the crap out of people with fast-paced flight. Anyone? Even pay-to-play games. I just. Want. To fly. And shoot people. <3

Thanks.

Deleted
    World of Planes.

10+ Year Old Account
    war thunder

DCS world

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    war thunder
    I said I tried that one. Very slow paced, and once you die, there's a load screen for a respawning load screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I said I tried that one. Very slow paced, and once you die, there's a load screen for a respawning load screen.
    oh well i guess you could try a battlefield game and just stick to jets :/

or check steam's f2p section as its where i found both the ones i mentioned before

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    So, when I had my PS2, I loved Ace Combat 4. Right now, I don't feel like paying 30 bucks, and I don't feel like waiting on PS2 load times for a single player game. I'm looking for a game that gives me more game time than load time (War Thunder is terrible. God, kill it with fire.) and allows me to shoot the crap out of people with fast-paced flight. Anyone? Even pay-to-play games. I just. Want. To fly. And shoot people. <3

Thanks.
    This looks fun:
    Strike Vector: http://store.steampowered.com/app/246700/
    It's veeery fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Deus Ex is not an open world game at all, it isn't even semi-open world because all the missions are perfectly linear. 2 relatively open city areas (still pretty small though and don't have much to explore) that you can access between missions but not always and depending on after which mission you just did don't make it an open world game. Pretty much every linear RPG has cities like this, DA:O, DA 2... Mass Effect series etc.

It's still a very good game though.
    hmm, it felt more open to me than something like DA. and the missions are linear in the sense that you always go from point A to point B, but there are usually several paths you can take. not that these paths make a big difference, but something like dungeons in Skyrim, vaults in Fallout or missions in Mass Effect generally have no different paths at all.

Deleted
    hmm, it felt more open to me than something like DA. and the missions are linear in the sense that you always go from point A to point B, but there are usually several paths you can take. not that these paths make a big difference, but something like dungeons in Skyrim, vaults in Fallout or missions in Mass Effect generally have no different paths at all.
    Nah, if you're a completionist you have to take all the paths When I played I choked out all the guards at first, then went into all the secret areas/shortcut tunnels for exp/praxis points/mods then disabled all the cameras and turrets and robots, then blew up all the disabled turrets and robots.

Still it's not an open world game. It's perfectly linear first person/stealth game hybrid with some RPG elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is kinda open world-ish. the story is rather linear, but there are still wide open areas that let you go pretty much whereever you want. it's not as good as the ones you mentioned, but i don't think you'll really find any others that are.

also, it's currently -70% on steam.
    Make sure to install YSA mod, if you want to go with this one. Without it, it is easier than LEGO for 3 y/o kids.