Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Thanks for the answers.

Also, is there a different between Thief™ Gold and Thief: Deadly Shadows? I'm not sure if I should buy both if they're the same game.
    They're not. Thief Gold is the first game and Deadly Shadows is the 3rd game in the series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    They're not. Thief Gold is the first game and Deadly Shadows is the 3rd game in the series.
    Oh. I thought Thief 2 was the last one.

So, if I were to play them in a chronological order, it would be Thief Gold -> Thief 2: The Metal Age -> Thief: Deadly Shadows?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Otherwise your only option is to buy a PS3 for GT5 (or the soon to be released GT6!), or get an Xbox 360 and buy Forza 4. Forza is the closest thing you're going to get to GT.
    Cheers, I have both an xbox and ps3 I might see if I can pick up a cheap copy. I just hate the loading times for inferior graphics

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really can't believe any of you guys would suggest SWTOR, for someone looking for a F2P game. SWTOR uses the OLD F2P model of inconveniencing the player to the point of frustration in order to force them to buy things that should be standard just for playing, and F2P players are treated as beggars and hobos, instead of potential customers.

I would go with Rift if you are looking for a game with a very fair F2P structure, that doesn't lock content/activities behind a pay wall. The leveling is similar to WoW, (A little slower though) so you have your choice of activities, LFG/PvP/Questing/Events/Rifts, and there seem to also be a good amount of people around in low level zones/dungeons.

Everquest 2 is F2P. Have no experience with it personally, so I couldn't really answer any questions for you.

Neverwinter is ok, and F2P. The combat is fun, but the game loses a lot of appeal at high level.

Guild Wars 2 is B2P, so you just need to buy the game itself, and you get a lot of content without having to spend any money. Fun leveling, but the lack of real raids killed it for me. Still, it was a very fun leveling experience.

Aion was pretty fun from the few days I spent with it. Didn't really get far enough into it to come to a conclusion on the cash shop (was playing WoW at the time still) so I couldn't be too much help there.

DC Universe Online was a lot of fun for me. Making my own super hero/villain and running around being a badass was pretty awesome.

Firefall isn't really an MMO in the traditional sense, but it is a fun 1st/3rd person PvE shooter, with a lot of MMO elements, and competitive PvP scene that isn't forced on you. The world is colorful, and brings back that sense of wanderlust that so many games have been missing (to me at least) since Vanilla WoW.

Hope that gives you at least some idea of what is out there that might interest you.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    You can give Star Trek Online a try. It's pretty casual friendly. The lvling process is pretty fun imo.
    Oh god no, I have a full time membership. Complete waste of money. Nearly the ENTIRE leveling process takes place in solo-instances. Sure its fun, but it does get boring with a few abilities that's supposed to last you up to Vice-Admiral.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Planetside 2, all the way
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

TERA Rising the europe version, it's quite a fun game, it's a mix of hack and slash and button mashing.

RIFT is the place to go.

Try all the F2P mmos mate. They're free! see which one you like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    The last MMO I played was Firefall, I spent a fair few days sinking hours into the game. But as Burnt said;

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    Firefall isn't really an MMO in the traditional sense, but it is a fun 1st/3rd person PvE shooter, with a lot of MMO elements
    After I saw most of the content there was to offer, doing GW2 style Dynamic events with groups and such It got very repetitive and I just stopped playing.
    But those few days I did play were pretty awesome! I'd give it a try if I was you, even if you just play for a day or two like myself.

Me and my friend are looking for a F2P MMORPG that is good (or "decent" if you think there aren´t good F2Ps). I´ve already tried :
    -Silkroad
    -Flyff
    -Maplestory
    -SWTOR
    -Rift
    -Dungeons and Dragons Online

Now my top one there would be Rift. Does anyone else have other suggestions for good F2Ps that are worth the download time and all?

i recommend runescape 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    The last MMO I played was Firefall, I spent a fair few days sinking hours into the game. But as Burnt said;

After I saw most of the content there was to offer, doing GW2 style Dynamic events with groups and such It got very repetitive and I just stopped playing.
    But those few days I did play were pretty awesome! I'd give it a try if I was you, even if you just play for a day or two like myself.
    Did you get to the 3 new zones and their raid events? Or raid baneclaw? Or run the 5 man instance BWA?

Firefall is a game where you have to dig to find the content, it doesn't carry you to it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Just going to put this out there:

I fucking hate this thread. Not because of what is going on (requesting/suggesting games, I love that) but because it gets holed up into a single sticky where its easy to lose games that are suggested while the main Video Game subsection is still just as jacked up looking as before but now has [Megathread] in front of 90% of the thread titles.
    Agree 100% with this post. It needs to be sorted out into sections. ie: MMO, FPS, racing, simulation etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Just going to put this out there:

I fucking hate this thread. Not because of what is going on (requesting/suggesting games, I love that) but because it gets holed up into a single sticky where its easy to lose games that are suggested while the main Video Game subsection is still just as jacked up looking as before but now has [Megathread] in front of 90% of the thread titles.
    Do you not remember the stupidity that was "so tired of wow need a new game" being 80% of the threads on the front page almost constantly? If you need a game suggestion, make a new post. That's what the thread is here for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirnda View Post
    Agree 100% with this post. It needs to be sorted out into sections. ie: MMO, FPS, racing, simulation etc. etc.
    See above. If you're looking for specifics, you can try using the search thread function at the top of this page.

hey guys! when we were younger, me and a friend of mine played hours of baldur's gate dark alliance for playstation 2. i was looking for a game like that to play with him in the PC! can you please name some good suggestions? thank you (must have co-op :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    so i was wondering if someone could suggest a game for me?
    im looking for something more along the lines of traditional rpg/crpg like icewind dale/baldur's gate/might and magic/shining force/phantasy star/paper mario/dragon warrior/aidyn chronicles,etc. type gameplay that is more based on parties and stats. THAT ISNT AN MMO.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-08-17 at 10:35 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so i was wondering if someone could suggest a game for me?
    im looking for something more along the lines of traditional rpg/crpg like icewind dale/baldur's gate/might and magic/shining force/phantasy star/paper mario/dragon warrior/aidyn chronicles,etc. type gameplay that is more based on parties and stats. THAT ISNT AN MMO.
    Final fantasy 1-10
    Chronotrigger
    Secrets of mana
    planarscape torment

Pretty much just look up snes rpgs and then get an emulator on your smart phone.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    any1 knows an rpg for pc/ps3/ps2/snes/wii/gba/nds that has a lot of leveling involved? I mean like silly amount of levels or some form of reset like in MU online... where you just keep getting stronger and stronger until you can 1 hit most stuff including bosses...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    any1 knows an rpg for pc/ps3/ps2/snes/wii/gba/nds that has a lot of leveling involved? I mean like silly amount of levels or some form of reset like in MU online... where you just keep getting stronger and stronger until you can 1 hit most stuff including bosses...
    might and magic series for the pc/snes/genesis/nes. specifically m&m 1-6. M&M 6 has a level cap of i think 999. i know its over 250+.
    7,8,9 have a high level cap but its much harder to gain levels. you will probably need an emulator if your trying to play it on the pc. as it does have compatibility issues with newer os's like 7 and 8. if your going to play might and magic 4 though be sure to pick up 5 unless you want to stay capped at 30.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-08-18 at 01:32 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.