only two games that I know of that something similar to WvW, DAOC, which is a game older than WoW, and ESO, which if you wait a little over a month will be B2P

I disagree with Bard about Neverwinters combat being better than GW2 but for a F2P game it is a darn good alternative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    only two games that I know of that something similar to WvW, DAOC, which is a game older than WoW, and ESO, which if you wait a little over a month will be B2P

I disagree with Bard about Neverwinters combat being better than GW2 but for a F2P game it is a darn good alternative.
    I wouldn't touch ESO with a barge poll and i'mnot sure what DAOC is.

Quote Originally Posted by GR0MIT View Post
    I wouldn't touch ESO with a barge poll and i'mnot sure what DAOC is.
    dark age of camelot

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    So, I am kind of lost now that I have finally finished Dragon Age Inquisition (bought it since launch but IRL didn't allow me to play that much). I am waiting for a few games that will launch later this year but wanted to find something to keep me entertained for a while.

My favourite games are most probably RPG ones like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, SWKOTOR, Skyrim, The Witcher and many others but any game with a compeling story will keep me entertained (Metal Gear, Bioshock, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Heavy Rain, Beyond...). Other games I also liked were Uncharted, the last Tomb Raider and point and click games like Monkey Island, Broken Sword,etc.

Any suggestions?
    Dark souls II? ; )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I recently picked up This War of Mine. I played it A LOT. It's a great game, but it's depressing and brutal and sad. And I beat it on an aggressive winter start. But it's depressing, brutal and sad.

So I need a palate cleanser, something light and cheerful and happy and relatively easy. Nothing that requires fast reactions. Turn-based would be nice, or something realtime with a forgiving pause button.
    Kind of out of left-field but you could try : Recettear

Its a goofy very JP RPG but surprisingly fun and cheery in style. You are a kid who's father went missing so its up to you to work off his debt by running the family shop. A lot of the game is days running the shop- buying and selling things and trying to make a profit. You also go out with dungeon heroes (who you control) to various ruins and collect items from monsters to bring back and sell in your shop.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2015-01-25 at 01:26 PM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Any game that let me feel unique? No more using the same builds as others (GW2, LoL), seeing the same decks copied from the net over and over again (Hearthstone, Duel of Champions) etc.

I'm open for any genre exluding single-player only games.

I've come across Ryzom (also known The Saga of Ryzom) but I'm not sure if people even play this.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Any game that let me feel unique? No more using the same builds as others (GW2, LoL), seeing the same decks copied from the net over and over again (Hearthstone, Duel of Champions) etc.
    Archeage, Rift, Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, and probably a lot of others I'm missing. AA and Rift allow you to heavily customize what abilities you want within your class. If your goal is to just play uniquely and not be zomg top dps, then they both allow you to do that. D3 and TL2 are both ARPGs but you can customize your abilities depending on gear and what you are going for.

The first two are MMOs and F2P, so that's always a good thing.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever since I "finished" Skyrim, I've been looking for another game where I can roam an open world with a sword&shield and go exploring and fight bad guys etc. I do however suffer from some pretty severe arachnophobia, but I could just mod out the spiders from skyrim and be fine.

Any suggestions?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post

I'm open for any genre exluding single-player only games.

I've come across Ryzom (also known The Saga of Ryzom) but I'm not sure if people even play this.
    Path of Exile is D3 but with a vast amount of more "customization" than D3, where any build pretty much is viable. D3 has a more interesting customization system though with an emphasis on combining effects over stacking numbers, and plus D3 has much more fun combat. PoE is free, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Ever since I "finished" Skyrim, I've been looking for another game where I can roam an open world with a sword&shield and go exploring and fight bad guys etc. I do however suffer from some pretty severe arachnophobia, but I could just mod out the spiders from skyrim and be fine.

Any suggestions?
    Mount & Blade: Warband, with the diplomacy mod. You build an army and lead it yourself into battle, giving orders and such. A lot of skilled combat involved, and you can become king and try to conquer the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Anyone know any good single player RPG's that may have escaped my eye? Currently playing through the mass effect trilogy for the first time but I doubt I'll go through it again for a while (The first game is horrible and the other two will be fresh in my mind).
    I enjoy dragon age, kingdoms of Amalur, mass effect 2, the elder scrolls games, dragons dogma (Though usually not a fan of eastern games), Divinity 2, the witcher, fable 2 ect...
    Would be nice to have something on my radar for when I'm done with mass effect, also I hate difficult games and always play on the easiest difficulty (I guess that rules out the dark souls series) and prefer a good story over gameplay, though if the gameplay is really good I will be ok with a mediocre story (Dragons dogma comes to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    ...also I hate difficult games and always play on the easiest difficulty (I guess that rules out the dark souls series)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Mount & Blade: Warband, with the diplomacy mod. You build an army and lead it yourself into battle, giving orders and such. A lot of skilled combat involved, and you can become king and try to conquer the world.
    Hm, thanks for the tip, but I'm not looking for something that involves leading a party / army, that's also why Dragon Age failed to interest me.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well thats curious... But what I want to know is if I will die so many times I will froth at the mouth (Five times in a row), I don't have patients for such things. I tried demon's souls when ps plus gave it to me for free and was unimpressed as the punishments for death were ridiculous, people's visions of 'difficulty' vary drastically, there are those who say mythic raiding in wow is easy, when I know it isn't by my standards.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Path of Exile is D3 but with a vast amount of more "customization" than D3, where any build pretty much is viable. D3 has a more interesting customization system though with an emphasis on combining effects over stacking numbers, and plus D3 has much more fun combat. PoE is free, though.
    Wait, are you saying any build is viable in PoE, or in D3? Because it's so not true for PoE, it's really easy to screw yourself over by going with a build that's going to get slaughtered mid and late-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Wait, are you saying any build is viable in PoE, or in D3? Because it's so not true for PoE, it's really easy to screw yourself over by going with a build that's going to get slaughtered mid and late-game.
    D3; the legendary and set effects can be combined to create some really, really interesting plays, and there are so many sets/legendaries that there is a combination for virtually any playstyle you want.

I'm looking for an action-oriented space sim with proper joystick support. I recently bought a new joystick, a Thrustmaster T.16000M, and I've been playing a lot of Star Wars: Tie Fighter Special Edition the past couple of days. I also own Wing Commander III, but haven't jumped into it yet.

I'm interested in Strike Suit Zero, and Elite: Dangerous. Would you guys recommend these games? Any other space sim I should check out as well? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    I'm looking for an action-oriented space sim with proper joystick support. I recently bought a new joystick, a Thrustmaster T.16000M, and I've been playing a lot of Star Wars: Tie Fighter Special Edition the past couple of days. I also own Wing Commander III, but haven't jumped into it yet.

I'm interested in Strike Suit Zero, and Elite: Dangerous. Would you guys recommend these games? Any other space sim I should check out as well? Thanks in advance.
    Strike suit zero got some pretty poor reviews.

Elite Dangerous is probably what you are looking for. A lot of people are in love with it.
    Starconflict is a fun F2P space sim too. Decent dog fighting.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Strike suit zero got some pretty poor reviews.

Elite Dangerous is probably what you are looking for. A lot of people are in love with it.
    Starconflict is a fun F2P space sim too. Decent dog fighting.
    Strike Suit Zero's reviews aren't really poor, but it has criticism over it being repetitive. I have played Star Conflict back in 2013, I liked it a lot. I was thinking of getting back into it to see how well it plays with a joystick.

I guess I'll be saving up for Elite: Dangerous. I've been very interested in it lately.

Hey all, a rather different request here.

I'd like a game that I can instantly jump in with 2 friends on skype/TS and have a good time. We are doing mythic raiding atm, and we are oh so bored with lol atm. We've been desperately trying to find a new game to play around with. I am not into zombie games for instance, and others would prefer something that needs no money to go through. What we need is something that is co-op, skill-based, not necessarily pvp-based and is... well... something "new"?

Other MMOs could be fine. The only answer I could find by myself would be GW2, but I haven't watched the game the last year to know if there are one-shots for example or other stupid things. A good thing would be like a casual thing to pvp in, like LoL.

Deleted
    You could try Warframe, free, fun, up to 4man co-op last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    You could try Warframe, free, fun, up to 4man co-op last I checked.
    Warframe, vindictus, Firefall all have scaling mechanics that make 3 man groups possible to do almost all the content of.

Good suggestion.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2015-01-29 at 12:46 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -