hey, i'm looking for a new mmo...(yep like so many other).

i used to play WoW for a LONG TIME. but it was taking over my life. so i decided to dish it.
    and since then i'm kind lost.

here is a list mmo's i recently played and like/dislike about them.

1. tera. like the open world action. but its to slow paced. and feel "locked in place"
    2. SWTOR: really like that game. but the huge amount of you need to pay before you can "unlock" x. and you can only acces x bg's/dungeons per week as a f2p player was a huge turn off.
    3. rift. the amount of things and others ways to level was a great thing about rift. but i can't get past the clucky movement(it feels like that).
    4. neverwinter. playing that atm. combat feels good. and enjoy it the most so far. but cryptic/pw keeps giving me a bad taste in my mouth(deciding to release a mod. but don't bother to change all dungeons to 3 man) and the going from piss easy to unless you pay xxx dollar for +12 you will never have a change to clear epic dungeons.
    5. vindictus/C9. both are kinda the same. i don't like to keep doing to "level" over and over again to level up my char.

atm i'm looking at both GW2 and elderscrolls online. i never had a change to get into GW2 beta or free trail weekend.
    also got my eyes on elderscrolls online. i always like the combat of elderscrolls games. and seems like a "nice" game.

my new game should have plenty of things to do on max level. so i can mix daily/dungeon/pvp and maybe crafting some gear.

i'm not sure if GW2/ESO would fit my needs. and i can't "try" it before buying. also got my eyes on wildstar.

so if you know the "right" game for me i would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    hey, i'm looking for a new mmo...(yep like so many other)....also got my eyes on wildstar.
    I'm currently poking around in the trial for Wildstar, it hasn't grabbed me but it's also not terrible. Combat so far seems to be all AoE (ie no targeting required) for my Medic, not sure if that's unique to the class or a standard combat model, which isn't all that interesting. Graphics are extremely cartoony, but also well done. Colourful and detailed. The world is rather busy, a bit too much visual clutter at times, however.

There are hugely obnoxious "narratives" from a voice actor that sounds as though he wants to be a 80s sports broadcaster but never made it out of amateur status, and when you level up you're presented with an even more obnoxious graphic and audio explosion that makes me feel like they're trying to congratulate the kids in the special needs class. I actually feel embarrassed leveling up.

Ultimately I don't think I'll be sad when the trial ends.

I too am looking for an alternative to WoW but nothing has grabbed me yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

I'm looking for a MOBA with some sort of character based around summoning. I'd prefer to play a necromancer but someone else could do. I've already seen Azir in LoL but lack interest in the game itself and have no desire to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I'm looking for a MOBA with some sort of character based around summoning. I'd prefer to play a necromancer but someone else could do. I've already seen Azir in LoL but lack interest in the game itself and have no desire to play it.
    maybe azmodan from heroes of the storm. or kerighan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I'm currently poking around in the trial for Wildstar, it hasn't grabbed me but it's also not terrible. Combat so far seems to be all AoE (ie no targeting required) for my Medic, not sure if that's unique to the class or a standard combat model, which isn't all that interesting. Graphics are extremely cartoony, but also well done. Colourful and detailed. The world is rather busy, a bit too much visual clutter at times, however.

There are hugely obnoxious "narratives" from a voice actor that sounds as though he wants to be a 80s sports broadcaster but never made it out of amateur status, and when you level up you're presented with an even more obnoxious graphic and audio explosion that makes me feel like they're trying to congratulate the kids in the special needs class. I actually feel embarrassed leveling up.

Ultimately I don't think I'll be sad when the trial ends.

I too am looking for an alternative to WoW but nothing has grabbed me yet.
    might going for it again(had one but was to busy with WoW.

Deleted
    I'm really tired of WoW and I'm looking for a new MMO that could grab my time. Here are MMOs that I played previously:

- GW2
    - Wildstar
    - ESO
    - SWTOR
    - TERA
    - Archeage
    - Rift

Any other MMOs that you would recommend?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Any other MMOs that you would recommend?
    Without knowing which of those you liked I can't really do anything but spam a bunch of MMO's not on your list. Is that what you are looking for or do you have criteria? You don't play any of those games currently so it seems you don't like any of them. I'm hard pressed to give you anything different enough or provide a 'wow solution' that would satisfy you.

So without the specifics, my best recommendation is to peruse all the free MMO's on steam and try any that look appealing. There are also ARPGs and such...Marvel Heroes, PoE, etc. But if you have some criteria I'll give you some specific names.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Without knowing which of those you liked I can't really do anything but spam a bunch of MMO's not on your list. Is that what you are looking for or do you have criteria? You don't play any of those games currently so it seems you don't like any of them. I'm hard pressed to give you anything different enough or provide a 'wow solution' that would satisfy you.

So without the specifics, my best recommendation is to peruse all the free MMO's on steam and try any that look appealing. There are also ARPGs and such...Marvel Heroes, PoE, etc. But if you have some criteria I'll give you some specific names.
    Well I enjoyed GW2, SWTOR and Rift from that list but I'm not playing them anymore. I'm just looking for a new MMO with a completely new story and world that I can delve into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I enjoyed GW2, SWTOR and Rift from that list but I'm not playing them anymore. I'm just looking for a new MMO with a completely new story and world that I can delve into.
    FFXIV is a smashing game, but it has a sub fee. It's the only sub MMO aside from WoW (Eve isn't even the same type of game so I'm not counting it) that is successful and it has their first expansion launching in the next couple of months. That said, the huge downside is buying a box plus paying a subscription so I try to avoid recommending games like that...but there's that.

The Secret World is a great game for story and lore, as well as being rather unique when it comes to traditional MMOs. It plays a bit rigid though compared to the games you listed and the tone is much darker and might not be for you. It also has a cost, but it's minimal b/c it is B2P and has no sub.

In terms of completely free, there are a lot of games on steam that are fun to give a go and some that blend genres so they may not be to your liking. These are things like Firefall and Warframe. The first is a little less questy (though an update will be coming to make that pretty good) but it is a FPSMMO. Warframe is one of the instanced MMOs and is also an action combat/FPS game. It plays like TERA on crack with hundreds of weapons and abilities.

LotRO is older, rigid, but has a fantastic story and world. It's free, but will require some form of money down eventually to enjoy it to the fullest potential.

Depending on when you last played, the games you listed have had lots of new content added. SWTOR has had multiple expansions and starting May 4th has a 12x XP bonus for story quests for subscribers as well as a huge new patch that adds to the most recent expansion.

GW2 is about to release their first expansion, Heart of Thorns.

And Rift released their 2nd expansion, Nightmare Tide recently(last year).

If none of those seem interesting, I fall back to recommending you peruse the free MMO category on steam and watch their gameplay trailers for something that looks interesting and give it a try. If you don't have download caps, this is the best way to find a new game. If you do, it's obviously not advisable.
    BAD WOLF

STO (Star Trek Online) is a heavily story based game with a very involving storyline that, if you like quality questing/novels, you'd love. The entire endgame is questing, so don't worry that it's only going to be there to serve as a step up to raids (there are no raids; just harder story missions that you can optionally bring a friend along). Very immersive. And it's free! Just beware, that since it was bought out by PW, they've locked the best ships (T6) behind a paywall (but keep in mind that you DO NOT need them to do endgame stuff; you can use your free T4 ship for endgame no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking for something to play on the PC
    1-2 hours / day, so no time for raids (GMT+3 also)
    no pvp
    looks good / feels good (not like ESO first person... looks and feels like it belongs in the year 2000)
    has a character evolution, as in I can see it grow / get stronger
    mmo-ish?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I am looking for something to play on the PC
    1-2 hours / day, so no time for raids (GMT+3 also)
    no pvp
    looks good / feels good (not like ESO first person... looks and feels like it belongs in the year 2000)
    has a character evolution, as in I can see it grow / get stronger
    mmo-ish?
    GW2 and Diablo 3. You can just pick up and play, and pretty much wherever you go you can make visible progress no matter how little time you invest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    GW2 and Diablo 3. You can just pick up and play, and pretty much wherever you go you can make visible progress no matter how little time you invest.
    I was going to suggest GW2 as well, but I assumed 'can see it grow/get stronger' meant they only like vertical gear progression. I think any ARPG fits the bill, but think GW2 is the best game that does this myself as well.
    BAD WOLF

Hey all - hoping to get some help with finding a new game to play. Just got around to finishing Dragon Age: Inquisition, and I'm left wanting a lot more. I enjoy this type of RPG: customizable player character, different classes / talent trees etc, good story. Suggestions would be appreciated - quick searches on my own have me thinking of picking up the Witcher franchise or Pillars of eternity, but wanted some input before I buy something.

Thanks in advance!

Pillars of Eternity is a classical CRPG, the likes of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, which slightly inspired Dragon Age Origins (the first game). The focus is on imagining the world and the adventure through the text and concept art that appears on screen (like reading a novel). This isn't a modernized game; it'll take quite a while to get finish the game. Also; bears will kill you. Easily.

- - - Updated - - -

If you got a taste for novels and something a bit different, you might enjoy PoE (the RPG, not ARPG).

Is Pillars of Eternity multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbucket View Post
    Is Pillars of Eternity multiplayer?
    Nope.
    +10charactersbecauseofobamacare
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    I just wonder - are there any other MMORPGs with raid finder?

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR has one, but it's not a carbon copy feature. I think the raids available rotate so that you always have the most people filling up the group, but you still get to have a variety of raids to run.

FFXIV I think has something similar, but can't remember.
    BAD WOLF

WoW
    Swtor
    Firefall
    FF14

Not sure about others, will have to think more on that.

Vindictus, I suppose.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2015-05-12 at 01:59 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Help me find a free MMORPG

Hey everyone so i was just hoping if anyone out there could give me a good list of FREE MMORPG's
    i would prefer a 3d game with a good leveling system and class options and storyline

quick small list of games i have played
    maplestory
    aion
    elsword
    flyff
    fiesta
    deicide
    thang
    silkroad
    dragonsnest
    vindictus

thanks.