Heh. I'm familiar with Monster Hunter. The idea was cute game first, felines second.

The idea rose out of a discussion of pointless cute video games and how rarely there is something worth playing more than once that you play as a cat.

EX: this but with cats: http://store.steampowered.com/app/414920/

Or a Diablo clone with cats. Or a fantasy themed twin-stick shooter with cats. Something with cats, preferably with a fantasy bent, emphasis on cute. I'm just curious if something like that even exists yet.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If someone asked you to recommend a cute game, preferably of the RPG variety with many many felines, what would you recommend?
    Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector

Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2

Deleted
    I'm looking for a game (PC) that supports and awards group play but at the same time doesn't "punish" you for not logging every day. Something to jump into whenever I have some free time to play with friends (and/or meet new ones). I'm open for all genres.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I'm looking for a game (PC) that supports and awards group play but at the same time doesn't "punish" you for not logging every day. Something to jump into whenever I have some free time to play with friends (and/or meet new ones). I'm open for all genres.
    Diablo 3 and Warframe. Both have drop in, drop out co-op (with both friends and random onliners). Both have a pretty extensive endgame that starts from the moment you finish the tutorial (build the funnest set that suits your playstyle and look cool doing so!) and you'll never really be behind the curve (since getting "the best gear" isn't the goal of the game, though it can be if you want to). Note that Warframe has a login daily system, but besides the cash shop discounts there's nothing your going to miss out on from not logging in.

Roudene,

A MOBA is the first thing that comes to mind. Lots to choose from Dota, League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Diablo 3
    Yeah, that's I've been thinking about lately. I've used to play D2 a lot and I was dissapointed with D3 at launch so didn't buy it. But I've heard it got a lot better with RoS and patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Roudene,

A MOBA is the first thing that comes to mind. Lots to choose from Dota, League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm and so on.
    Yeah, I've played them all and enjoyed LoL the most. However people are far from friendly there.

Thanks for answers guys

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of you people are looking for RTS or Turn Based Strategy games, you should check out the Humble Bundle going on right now with SEGA strategy titles.

Includes all of Relic's RTS games for the last 12 years (Dawn of War and all its expansions, Company of Heroes and all its expansions, Dawn of War 2 and all its expansions, Company of Heroes 2 and all its expansions). It also includes several Total War games (Medieval 2, Rome 1, Fall of the Samurai, and Attila Total War).

All for $12.

If this constitutes spam/advertising, I apologize... Humble Bundle is a charity though... And this is an amazing deal... Any of those games are worth that much money and you get ALL of them for that much.

I'm looking for something like a city/base builder or an RTS in the vein of AoE or AoM. Possibly an RPG. Something sandbox-y, that isn't too graphic intensive. Something relatively casual to run on my Macbook to kill time now and then(preferably that will be comfortable with a mousepad). I've got Terraria, but the mac version controls irk the hell out of me and really needs a mouse to be comfortable. I was going through Steam and Factorio caught my eye and a mac version of Stardew Valley would have been perfect as well if that gives any more idea of what kind of game I'm looking for. Anyone?
    No, real men set standards and are territorial. Real men don't accept others that stray from the norm. Real men bully those that appear to be weak and inferior. Real men crave structure, hierarchies and rules. Your definition is just a way to neuter the male gender and only losers are deceived by it
    What I learned in a Nintendo thread

How is Toukiden Kiwami for ps4?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is Toukiden Kiwami for ps4?
    I felt it was basically an inferior version of Monster Hunter, which to be honest Monster Hunter is the Dark Souls of the Hunting genre in that there are plenty of good games that emulate it, bu nothing does it quite as well.

It's still a solid game though and considering that Monster Hunter isn't on PS4 if you don't have a 3DS then it's your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I felt it was basically an inferior version of Monster Hunter, which to be honest Monster Hunter is the Dark Souls of the Hunting genre in that there are plenty of good games that emulate it, bu nothing does it quite as well.

It's still a solid game though and considering that Monster Hunter isn't on PS4 if you don't have a 3DS then it's your best bet.
    I got a 3DS but I barely play it. I considered getting TK but I heard that the multiplayer is kinda dead.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a 3DS but I barely play it. I considered getting TK but I heard that the multiplayer is kinda dead.
    To be honest I'd just wait until Monster Hunter Generation comes out this summer and play that. The Monster Hunter games always have a good online community even months after release.

Deleted
    I asked this on Reddit as well (https://www.reddit.com/r/gamingsugge...xtensive_base/), but I am hoping you guys can help here as well.

I'm trying to find a PC game with the following aspects:

• Genre: shooter or RPG with direct character control
    • Gimmick: customizable base built around unlocking stuff that makes your character stronger and can be built out all the way and persists through the entire campaign.. Preferably a REALLY meaty system with lots of meaningful choices that don't involve placing the building manually;
    • difficulty: preferably one with an easy option;
    • gameplay flow: prefer something where the main quest can be done at my own pace and where I can really sink my teeth into the base building aspect without having to worry about losing out on missions or content.
    The important thing, really, is the base building. I just love starting with a small shack or a single building, getting some resources to expand on that through quests, grinding and missions and slowly but surely having a bastion of righteousness.
    To give some examples of games in the style of what I mean:

• Dragon Age: Inquisition: has some base building, but I find that the actual base building aspect is far too limited for me. There were only 3 choices and some upgrades, which isn't enough for me.
    • Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, III, Revelations, Black Flag, Rogue: these aren't RPGs, but Monteriggioni, Rome, the Homestead and the Jackdaw/Great Inagua and the Morrigan are examples of the kind of base building I'm looking for, especially with the scale of Rome and how much there is to unlock and build. However, all that Rome does is indirectly affect my character's progress, by giving extra money and making things cheaper. It doesn't give my character straight-up power. The Jackdaw is closer in that respect.
    • Pillars of Eternity: The stronghold is again a good base building sim, but the timed elements are not quite what I am looking for.
    • Neverwinter Nights 2: I like the Keep you can expand, but the system that you give the expansion orders with, since it's made out of the built-in dialogue system, is too cumbersome in my opinion.
    • World of Warcraft: Recent expansions added the farm and the garrison, while Legion is slated to add the Order Hall. I am probably one of the few people who actually enjoyed these minigames, especially the parts where you optimize for certain goals, like having max gold return on the Shipyard and/or missions. However, they were too far in the other direction: there was no real progression outside the Garrison outside of organized raiding and PvP. I'm looking for something where the base serves as support.
    • Mass Effect 3: War Assets were similar to what I am looking for, but they had too little interaction with the rest of the game. They just changed the color of an endgame cinematic, but they didn't actually have any benefit beyond that. Still, the way that every decision in the game impacted this score is close to what I'm interested in.
    Games I already own that I understand contain such elements but have not finished yet:

• Dragon Age: Awakening
    • Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced edition.
    • Divinity: Original Sin: recently started in the Enhanced Edition, but haven't gotten past the first story mission yet.
    • Fallout 4: I only just arrived at Diamond City, but the settlement system with active building placement is not my cup of tea.
    • Mad Max: I have played roughly until the first time you need to unlock a mission for the guy in the ship, but not beyond.
    Games I don't own yet that I considered, but found wanting on first sight:

• Darkest Dungeon: too hard.
    • Metal Gear Solid V: The forward base at first seemed enticing, but the fact that they forced PvP into the game through other people being able to invade your base, steal your resources and dudes basically killed it for me.
    Games from the previous thread that misunderstood me:

• Kenshi: Early access. I'm looking for a finished game. Kenshi has many positive reviews that mention bugs and a rocky start.
    • Rogue Legacy: wrong main genre. I'm looking for a 3rd Person or First Person action game or RPG, not a sidescroller platformer.
    • Orcs Must Die: doesn't actually have a persistent base that carries over between levels.

What do you guys think of the Tales of Zestiria game for ps4?

Is it a decent game for someone who is new to tales to get into and wanting a RPG on ps4? I was also looking at Sword Art Online: Lost Song and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think of the Tales of Zestiria game for ps4?

Is it a decent game for someone who is new to tales to get into and wanting a RPG on ps4? I was also looking at Sword Art Online: Lost Song and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.
    It's pretty low on my list of Tales games, but it's still a good game, and a heck of a lot better than SAO: Lost Song. As for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, a hard comparison to make objectively because it's turn-based but I'd put it on par with Zestiria.

Another PS4 RPG you could look into is Megadimension Neptunia VII, unless you disliked the second or third game in that series (but not the first, things have changed so much since then). Good gameplay, but a couple of fanservice scenes that are very borderline.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    It's pretty low on my list of Tales games, but it's still a good game, and a heck of a lot better than SAO: Lost Song. As for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, a hard comparison to make objectively because it's turn-based but I'd put it on par with Zestiria.

Another PS4 RPG you could look into is Megadimension Neptunia VII, unless you disliked the second or third game in that series (but not the first, things have changed so much since then). Good gameplay, but a couple of fanservice scenes that are very borderline.
    Never played any of the Neptunia games but ill check it out sometime. Was looking for something to hold me over until Dark Souls III. Good chance ill give there all a try soon once there is better sells on them.

I have heard alot of bad things about SAO: Lost Song. I wanted it mainly for its multiplayer if it was decent.

Hey guys me again.

How is Final Fantasy Explorers? I am thinking of picking it up today. How active is the Multiplayer for it since thats the part I want to play the most. Is groups easy to join and all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I asked this on Reddit as well (https://www.reddit.com/r/gamingsugge...xtensive_base/), but I am hoping you guys can help here as well.

I'd still like an answer for this if at all possible. I feel like it got washed away slightly because of being the last post on the page.

Deleted
    Hello, can you people recommend me a new MMO to try ?

I've tried Black Desert and it's way too complex for me, nobody plays WoW with me anymore and I've grown tired of playing FFXIV. Any ideas ?
    I'm looking for a PvP oriented game.
    Last edited by mmoc31e79dec12; 2016-04-10 at 06:43 PM.

@nzall:

Baldur's Gate 2 doesn't really have what you're asking for (unless EE added it, but I don't think so), what you've probably heard about is the "keep" your character can get, depending on their class, which basically gives you some extra quests (for example, cleric gets to join a temple, and get some duties there, bard gets their own theater with a troupe, and some quests related to it, etc., but not actual base building). It's still a good game, just not having that specific feature.
    Don't pick bard for your first playthrough though, I don't think it's either strong or fun to play class anyhow, if the gameplay appeals to you, you'd be better off with fighter/mage/thief multiclass combo, despite the slower advancement (as the XP they get would be divided by 3, between all their classes).

Anyway, not the RP or shooter, but if base building and advancement is your thing, XCom strategy/tactical games maybe? Though they don't allow you to "slack" and focus on basebuilding to your heart's content, as the aliens don't sleep and are doing their thing, which might make you lose.