10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Destiny was teh biggest cocktease ever. It was advertised as all but an MMO. And what did we get? The 10 millionth arena shooter of our time. Fucking joke.
    The devs tried to dampen people's expectations about it being an MMO. Not their fault that people call it an MMO anyways. Also it isn't an arena shooter. I think the game was pretty disappointing myself, but it found its market and they seem to be making improvements to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The devs tried to dampen people's expectations about it being an MMO. Not their fault that people call it an MMO anyways. Also it isn't an arena shooter. I think the game was pretty disappointing myself, but it found its market and they seem to be making improvements to the game.
    It could have been so much more. people wanted something special. The way that game was being described before launch made it seem like it was going to be amazing. I'm not talking the people who said it wasn't going to be an MMO I'm talking the devs descriptions of the game.

What launched and what was being described bare resemblence only when viewed through drunk goggles a mile away.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Depends if you had a PS3 or not really. Because theres things like Journey that are absolute 'play it once before you die' experiences that were made cross buy on PS3 and PS4 so its not just the stuff on disc worth looking into.

Even if Bloodborne makes Dark Souls 3 look like hot trash relying on references and memes.

YES I SAID IT.

Buy one for Persona 5 and Bloodborne alone.

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games i have played ever, neither DaS2 or DaS3 comes close to it.
    If i had to decide, i would easily buy a Ps4 for Bloodborne alone.

Please suggest some games to me fitting this description.

Ok so i've been really depressed for a while now, I wont get too into that, but suffice to say I could really use even a short lived positive distraction for a bit.

Im looking for something along the lines of my favorite games of all time, super mario galaxy 1 and 2. I love these games so much. I also love, almost as much, banjo kazooie.

Something....light? and positive, and fun, thats what I feel when I think about these games. I dont need another deep, long, engaging rpg, I already have tons of those rotting in my steam backlog.

I feel like mario 64 might be an obvious suggestion, but i've played that to death as well. I'd prefer little to no rpg elements, if possible.

Any suggestions?

It's still quite a bit away, but keep an eye out for Yooka-Laylee when it comes out in case you missed it.

http://www.playtonicgames.com/games/yooka-laylee/

Light, positive, and fun though? Hm. Only thing that's coming to mind is Super Mario Sunshine if you missed it somehow considering your other favorites you mentioned.

Maybe consider getting Rare Replay for Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2? Along with Jet Force Gemini which is pretty good too, even with outdated controls.

It all depends on what kind of systems you have access to. Usually anything by Nintendo that's Mario related is light and fun in my opinion.

Also might be worth mentioning, haven't played it yet myself, but Owlboy just came out recently for Steam and it's been pretty well received.

http://www.owlboygame.com/

Well, the 'little to no RPG elements' sort of shoots down my idea, but Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Very lighthearted and fun, not super grindy like some RPGs are. Personally, i'm not normally a big platformer guy, but you could always play the Mega Man (X) games, or Mega Man Legends / Mega Man 64. The latter has equipment and upgrades you can get, but that's about the most RPG-y it gets. Or, if you're looking for something newer (and that you can play with friends) you could check out 20XX on Steam - its essentially Mega Man X, but you can play with a friend.

Another one that seems like its a kids game at first, but is surprisingly fun and addicting (if a bit...weird) that is also on Steam is Cargo: The Quest for Gravity. Its sort of like... Mario meets legos. Its goofy, and you can build some pretty weird stuff. Not a whole lot of platforming per se, but there are a lot of missions and things you need to do with your various creations.

Donkey Kong 64 is also in the same style as banjo-kazooie, a bit more repetitive though.

You may also enjoy psychonauts as it is the same type of game and is frequently only 2-5 dollars now, although that one does have some darker themes throughout (mainly the fact that almost every character has some form of mental illness) so I would call that more of a maybe depending on the reason you are currently depressed. There are a LOT of jokes so it is not exactly all doom and gloom, and part of the idea for each level is helping them SOLVE those problems so they can recover.

Those are the only ones in that genre that I can think of at the moment beyond what Jester already listed, but if I think of more I will try to come back and mention it.

While it's primarily marketed to kids, the Skylanders series is actually really good IMO. It's basically the successor to the Spyro series. Lots of cool platforming and puzzle gameplay. Light and fun world. Seems like it'd fit the bill for what you're going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Ok so i've been really depressed for a while now, I wont get too into that, but suffice to say I could really use even a short lived positive distraction for a bit.

Im looking for something along the lines of my favorite games of all time, super mario galaxy 1 and 2. I love these games so much. I also love, almost as much, banjo kazooie.

Something....light? and positive, and fun, thats what I feel when I think about these games. I dont need another deep, long, engaging rpg, I already have tons of those rotting in my steam backlog.

I feel like mario 64 might be an obvious suggestion, but i've played that to death as well. I'd prefer little to no rpg elements, if possible.

Any suggestions?
    Try out the Mystical Ninja games on the N64. The first one is kind of a Zelda clone (so light RPG elements but they don't really detract from the game) while the second one is a sidescroller. Both are goofy, fun and simple to get into just as long as you don't mind all the campy japanese humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post

Any suggestions?
    Obi and the Blind Forest!

And/or Journey (if you own a PS/emulate)
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Hey I'm looking for game suggestions for ps4 or nintendo 3ds for a more open world game similar to skyrim (but not skyrim) or the delayed breathe of the wild.

Trying to find an open world game to scratch that itch of long gameplays of just exploring and junk but can't think of anything
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Could I trouble you for a game suggestion?

I played witcher 3 and loved it. I'm having a hard time finding another game to play that is comparable to it. So I thought i'd ask a bigger audience and see what is out there. It doesn't have to be a super recent release, as I haven't played many games for several years other then Skyrim and Witcher 3. Thanks all!

Looking for some good couch coop games for PS4 to play over the holidays. I will fly back to Italy and spend some time with old friends.
    Is Rocketleague any good?

Can anyone help us out, trying to find a good MMO for 2 players.

Preferably Fantasy
    If avoidable, no SF

What we've tried:

GW2 (Not our style)
    FFXIV (Great, but we got burned out due to the gear grind)
    Shaiya (She played for years, but we both quit due to the grind and P2W, Aeria games ftw)
    WoW (We still play this with our own raiding guild, but want something on the side)
    SWTOR (story is not our thing) Rift (yea.. the amount of P2W)

Preference:

Good crafting/gathering system
    Fishing that works well would be a plus
    Playable with 2 players and have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

Preferably Fantasy
    If avoidable, no SF

What we've tried:

GW2 (Not our style)
    Shaiya (She played for years, but we both quit due to the grind and P2W, Aeria games ftw)
    WoW (We still play this with our own raiding guild, but want something on the side)

Preference:

Warframe is a rogue-like MMORPG where you play as a space ninja with up to four other players on missions around the solar system. The gear tread mill is almost non-existent, as new items are added to expand playstyle options. The end game revolves around upgrading your items to make the gameplay funner (ie, more air time so you can stay in the sky longer and shoot from above, or more mana so you can spend less time using your weapons and more time playing caster).

Would you guys recommend the new Deus Ex game to someone who has barely played the last one?

Its $20 so I considered getting it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

Preferably Fantasy
    If avoidable, no SF

What we've tried:

GW2 (Not our style)

Preference:

Although I haven't played it personally, from what I've heard of it you could try out Archeage. It recently got fresh new servers, it has fishing, and it's a sandboxy MMORPG so I imagine it has a good gathering/crafting system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Would you guys recommend the new Deus Ex game to someone who has barely played the last one?

Its $20 so I considered getting it.
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is literally more of the same stuff that made Deus Ex: Human Revolutions. In fact it's a direct sequel. And IMO better.
    Will you gte entertainment from this game without playing through the previous? Yes. Will you feel left out and scratch your head at the references? Yes. Yes you will.

Depending on how you play it, expect a good stealth based game with multiple ways to solve any objective, some conspiracy-driven story with notable main characters all trying to one-up their Chronic Backstabbing Disorder on each other, and black ops agencies fighting for control. Or, if you're more gung-ho, expect a not-so-great shooter with some RP elements in it. If you liked the previous game, you will like that one. If you didn't, it's probably not your cup of tea this time around either.

There are some improvements over the last game. No mandatory boss battles being the important one. You can beat the game without focusing on combat at all if
    that is your thing (I know it's mine). Some reviewers have criticised the game for being too short, and not really concluding the story ("Deus Ex: Game divided"). It certainly isn't as long as the predecessor, but I don't think it's that bad in length - but I will glady give them the gripe that it's building up to a third installment. My main gripe with the game is the atrociously long loading times. Which is a problem in a game which literally forces you to reload a lot if you're playing it stealthy. I suspect having an SSD drive will alleviate those, but personally, I found it the worst part of the game, sitting around for 1-2 minutes staring at a loading bar every time I messed up.

Lastly, the game has a very visible-in-your-face amount of microtransactions. All possible to ignore and still get a good game, but seriously. Not cool.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Hi all -

Looking for a new game to play after a long stint playing WoW, but it became too much and I have not played a MMORPG in some time. A lot of people are suggesting ESO, which I will check out, but also wanted to know if people play D&D Online, as almost a decade ago when I first heard about it, it sounded promising. Is it still viable?