I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm trying to look for specific types of games that are similar to Dead Space 1-2, Resident Evil 4-5, Doom 2016.

These games should have:

-Customizable weapons
    -Immersive atmosphere
    -Sci-fi / horror
    Deus Ex human revolution and Deus Ex mankind Divided (sequel) could be your thing.
    Tons of customization of both weapons and your protagonists, very immersive, sci-fi story about augmented human (cyborg), no horror element.

Other suggestion Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas/Fallout 4
    It's an RPG so tons of customization, inventory, dialogue. Very immersive. Sci-fy in a dystopian way (think mad max)

Prey
    Haven't played it yet, but i know it's a horror/sci-fy shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hm... Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic shooter set in the underground Moscow metro system, where people have survived in face of a nuclear war and toxic gasses that plague the surface. When your haven inside the tunnels is attacked by mysterious beasts, you join an expedition to seek the aid of legendary warriors called "The Rangers" to help save your haven. The game is a linear story, and requires careful resource management. It's an incredibly atmospheric game, and can be quite eerie at times. You see, inside the tunnels, millitary grade ammunition also serves as currency, so you have to balance combat encounters between careful conservation of your shots, or otherwise you're literally shooting money. There is non-military grade ammo, but aren't nearly as effective as the military grade rounds.

It has a sequel called Metro: Last Light
    Thank you, Ill check it out. Sounds promising.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Deus Ex human revolution and Deus Ex mankind Divided (sequel) could be your thing.
    Tons of customization of both weapons and your protagonists, very immersive, sci-fi story about augmented human (cyborg), no horror element.

Other suggestion Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas/Fallout 4
    It's an RPG so tons of customization, inventory, dialogue. Very immersive. Sci-fy in a dystopian way (think mad max)

Prey
    Haven't played it yet, but i know it's a horror/sci-fy shooter
    I finished Deus Ex Human Revolution. I really liked it, but right now I'm kinda more interested in sci-fi/horror games like the ones I mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    I finished Deus Ex Human Revolution. I really liked it, but right now I'm kinda more interested in sci-fi/horror games like the ones I mentioned.
    Maybe check out Prey? I haven't seen much of it, but I do know its a sci-fi survival game with plenty of freedom.

I'm looking for a Space or Sci-fi themed 4X game that is, relatively, approachable for a new player to the genre. Any and all suggestions welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I'm looking for a Space or Sci-fi themed 4X game that is, relatively, approachable for a new player to the genre. Any and all suggestions welcome!
    Stellaris (by Paradox Interactive, the guys who did Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis) and Sins of a Solar Empire come to mind. As for approachable, I'm not sure. All 4K games take some time to get into, since you need to sit down and understand the mechanics first before you really start doing stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    https://www.gog.com/game/master_of_orion_1_2

Master Of Orion 2

The pinnacle of 4x from the 90's

If DOSBox ever updates a certain library it uses (it's using an outdated version) it will be 100% compatible with touchscreens.

Avoid MoO 3 and the newest MoO.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Looking for single-character dungeoncrawler game.

Title says it all; looking for something like might and magic X and such, but with only one character to command, not a whole party. It can be on PC or Android, or older systems that i can emulate on PC. Thanks in advance.

Old school phantasy star online on the GC?

Looking to get into MOBAs

I've played some dota, hots and league of legends but only a few games over the years. Figured I might start playing somewhat more serious in one of them but I haven't figured out which one yet.

What do you think of the different games? Which is the most fun and why?

Deleted
    Hots is the only moba i can bare to play really, i think its because its a bit more noob friendly and i dont need to worry about things like last hitting and the longer games, i like that Hots is a lot shorter games.

All personal preference though, i prefer HOTS but i wouldn't say its better than the other MOBAs

Smite isn't too terribly bad - and it offers a third person perspective instead of top down, and wasn't excruciating to get into as my first MOBA.

What games do you play aside from WoW.

it Doesn't have to be PC games even, just curious what games other wow players like to dabble in.

My most played games at the time besides WoW are:

CS:GO
    OverWatch
    Rainbow Six: Siege
    Squad
    Dead By Daylight
    Company of Heroes 2

Deleted
    Rainbow Six: Siege
    Titanfall 2
    Diablo 3
    KOTOR (got it on tablet, which is a godsend)
    Deus Ex - Mankind Divided

As I didn't really play xbox 360/ps3, also catching up on:

Red Dead Redemption/RDR Undead Nightmare
    Splinter Cell Conviction/Blacklist

FF14
    Fallout 4
    A lot of Point and Click and interactive story games. Broken Sword, Myst, Tales from the Borderlands, Life is Strange all that stuff.
    Classic platformers. Sonic, Mega Man, Ninja Gaiden and so on.
    Racing games. Project CARS, Gran Turismo, F1 series and Forza mostly.
    Path of Exile.
    Classic RPGS. Legend of Dragoon, FF, Dragon Quest, Phantasy Star mostly these days.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-05 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch
    Diablo III (waiting for season 11 to start to start fresh with the necromancer)
    League of Legends
    Steamworld Heist
    Dishonored 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I play alot of different games, but only like for 30mins in 2-3 days.

try Dota 3 if you have high speed internet connection.

Anyone remember the old Super R-Type on snes?

Looking for something quite similar to that, with weapon upgrades etc.

I remember seeing a review of a game which was to be released now in the near future (or already has been?), but can't remember the name of it...

Anyone who maybe knows which game I might be thinking of or know of similar games which aren't too old (few years max)?

I've been itching to play a city builder / strategy game along the same vein as the Settlers series. Any suggestions? (I bought and played Banished some time ago, which is also a good game.)