Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/oyYAD.jpg
    FTFY

Just because GM's dont come into your raids doenst mean it does not happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Blizzards Customer Service is excellent.
    but hey, who'd make a thread about a GM helping you right away
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Blizzards Customer Service is excellent.
    but hey, who'd make a thread about a GM helping you right away
    Exactly this. People make a thread only when they have a complain and then they see another bunch of these threads and go "Blizzard's CS sucks". If everone were to make a thread every time a GM has helped them with anything, you could see that this is not the case.

Deleted
    GM's are here to assist with important matters and not to waste their time on stuff that you could have looked up on the faq or forums.

So if you get ignored because of something like that, I can only cheer to that.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7154823_o.jpg

Only time i've seen a gm in a raid - because a friend got stuck and she couldn't release nor get rezzed >.<
    Last edited by mmoc4797852bd6; 2012-06-24 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...The response should never be "We can't help you right now, make a new ticket some other time." This is how they responded, and that is the point of the thread.

"We are currently backed up but have received your request, and will address it as soon as possible." Or something along those lines is perfectly acceptable, but telling the customer that they have to go through the ticket creation process over again because they can't be bothered to put it in a queue is NOT acceptable.

Also, you guys all saying disconnects are 100% on the user's end, you're morons. This is almost as idiotic as thinking that Blizzard has anything to do whatsoever with account/computer compromises.
    Last edited by Aurinax; 2012-06-24 at 06:06 PM.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    ...The response should never be "We can't help you right now, make a new ticket some other time." This is how they responded, and that is the point of the thread.
    True enough, tho they never said create a new ticket, they said "please re-open the petition which will retain your current place in line."

Also, you guys all saying disconnects are 100% on the user's end, you're morons. This is almost as idiotic as thinking that Blizzard has anything to do whatsoever with account/computer compromises.
    If it's not at the end user it most likely is between him and Blizzard. The end user should contact his ISP and have them look at it, that's not Blizzards job, they are not an ISP provider. However, if there are more people that go through the same hop in a trace route I'm sure Blizzard will contact the one responsible for that part of the route.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

"We are currently backed up but have received your request, and will address it as soon as possible." Or something along those lines is perfectly acceptable, but telling the customer that they have to go through the ticket creation process over again because they can't be bothered to put it in a queue is NOT acceptable.
    Except their advice to check the self-help section could end in resolving the situation instead of waiting for days for them to provide an "actual" response, which would likely have to be more of a 2-way active troubleshooting conversation and not a simple reply. And since we still don't know exactly what the op actually said and provided in the initial response (he seems to be adding onto what he's reported as his initial message) this could have fixed his problem.

I assume you would think its equally ridiculous to say that disconnects are 100% on Blizzard's end. The issue at hand isn't necessarily where the problem lies, but more in is it a problem that blizzard can fix or one that the user needs to fix. Since it shouldn't be blizzard's responsibility to police the various issues and problems with ISP's and their servers, everything outside of Blizzard's direct control would thus be placed on the user to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I'm going to quote this one part from that message:

Basically, instead of waiting another couple of days they are giving you a way to try and fix your problem yourself. If you still cant do it, reply to that message and you get your place in line back. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!?

All blizzard is trying to do is give you more options that you may not know about because they are busy.
    How can I fix the problem myself? I can't give myself items. The problem which is so obvious it's painful is that they didn't read my ticket at all. If they had they could saved us all some time and just said no instead of giving me a link to wowpedia which is not going to help me in the slightest and has nothing to do with what I asked.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    You asked them to reset a quest you'd already finished so you could get an item you might have already had / deleted (or could have just picked something else) from an expansion that's 5 years old and they didn't jump at the chance!

How dare they.......

I mean it's not like you could just follow the links they gave you and find this information:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=30269#same-model-as

Where you'd see there's something you can buy from the a vendor with the same model.
    Same model; different skin genius. Also how dare they what? Wtf are you on about?

So, instead of providing some means of trying to help you with your transmogging goals, you'd just prefer to hear 'no'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the ticket queues getting up to 8+ days post Cata launch.

Apparently almost all Blizzard NA customer service centers operate on regular business hours on PDT time. So each day, at best, they would just be catching up on all the tickets opened over the previous night let alone keeping up with the tickets being opened during that day. I can see why queue times go through the roof after a major patch or post launch.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard launched Diablo 3 without even hiring more customer service staff.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    So, instead of providing some means of trying to help you with your transmogging goals, you'd just prefer to hear 'no'?
    That's the only help I could get. What do you think going to wowhead is going to do to help me with that item? I asked a simple question. I provided plenty of information. I even said if they can't then that is fine. They chose not to give me an answer and instead I got an automated response directing me to websites that can't help me with anything.

There's only one eye-patch that looks like that one. It's also from a quest in TBC which I also already completed. Truth is I didn't expect to get the item back at all but I figured why not ask. They might have been able to do something. The point is it's not about whether or not I got the item. I even said that I was perfectly ok with it if they couldn't. The point is I asked a simple question of which the response should have been either yes or no and they couldn't be bothered to even read the ticket.

I remember at the start of Cata (I think it was the start or middle sort of) the customer support was phenomenal for both the phone and in game support. It's become abysmal again recently.

I don't get it, I always get polite and helpful gms, I even once posted a ticket saying that I just wanted to say how much I appriciate their game and the work of gms. Although I don't think ingame gm are able to help you with dc, so you're better of trying the official tech forum for issues like that.

You guys have to take into consideration that 90% of all tickets are mostly complains and whines about nothing, and 5% is stuff that is answered in commonly asked questions or on forums, that leaves 5% for actual vital stuff.

Deleted
    I got this as well (I needed to change my country from NL to Finland, which includes pictures of passport etc.).
    Of course I couldn't solve it myself (it's not allowed by Blizzard), so I reopened it and said I really needed their help for this. Got a response two days later:

'Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I am sorry that you had to resubmitt your ticket due to the high volumes. I was able to verify your ID and the letter you submitted. Your registered country should now display as Finland. Please ensure that you update the rest of your address to display your current location.

Thank you again for your time.

Regards,'

So I wouldn't consider it a bullshit response. They really seem to be busy, and if you resubmit the ticket they'll answer it when they get to it =)

Quote Originally Posted by XyKoNiC View Post
    I'm just curious if anyone else has ever received a response that was so full of crap as the one I just got....

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

We are currently receiving a high volume of phone calls, petitions, and other responses. We are working diligently to process all requests in a timely fashion and we appreciate your patience. At this time, we are unable to get to your request.

We recommend visiting our support site at http://us.battle.net/support as the self-service options are comprehensive and our articles are capable of answering most questions. If you are unable to find an answer, please re-open the petition which will retain your current place in line.

Regards,

Blizzard Customer Support

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    Most of the time I put in a ticket it's always answered when I'm offline. Sometimes the response has nothing to do with what I even opened the ticket about; just some automatic answer crap. Then they close the ticket and send me a survey asking how helpful it was for me.

This is one of my favorites...

Me:

Automated Ticket:

Basically, fuck off and go google it.
    No basically it is "if you check out these resources you will see we never could have helped you with this "issue" and thanks for wasting our time and the time of those who have legitimate issues we actually CAN help with".

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 05:32 PM ----------

All we are saying is that it is incredibly simplistic and ignorant to claim the problem can only be either on Blizzard's end or the user's end. In fact most times it is neither and turns out to be some router in the middle which Blizzard has absolutely zero control over.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Singen View Post
    I remember at the start of Cata (I think it was the start or middle sort of) the customer support was phenomenal for both the phone and in game support. It's become abysmal again recently.
    Only for the overly entitled spoiled brats. For the rest of us sensible rational adults the service has been just fine.

If you seriously take more than two seconds to think about this, how does this not make sense to you?

Large customer base with probably millions of people raising "issues" daily. (note: "issues" are more often than not user error or stupidity).
    As there's a large influx, you receive an automated response telling you generic troubleshooting steps (as per any good customer support).
    You've been given the basic troubleshooting steps despite the huge influx. If you're unable to find your own answer, you can be put into the queue for further support.

I fail to see how this is a terrible response in the slightest, just a narrow-minded complaint from yourself - like the vast majority of the community.

What else would you like done here? For them to be available 24/7 to cater to your every need and dire question? To put up with the millions of idiots daily seeking support with "issues" that don't even exist in a personal manner with an investigation on the issue each time?

>implying it's even possible to have the man power to cater specifically and individually to the millions of users on a daily basis without error nor delay.

There's really nothing more to it.

You're complaining about them doing the right thing from a support standpoint. Particularly given the peak in activity with D3 and as such a rise in support tickets, this should be more than expected. For 10million + people on their systems I think they're doing pretty well.

But hey, go nuts and say how an automated support response is oh so terrible linking it to typical "omg blizz is shit the sky is falling" mentality.