Thread: WoW 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    This. Sadly i think it is good business to kill WoW. Make way for their new game, end of story. I saw this slow destruction at the end tail of Wotlk.
    I agree but it's not that sad really. The original Warcraft was quite dark and borrowed a lot of ideas from Tolkien. However WoW has made it into a happy funny rainbow talking animals land. This isnt even the WoW hater in me talking, they're just running out of ideas and are trying to make it appeal to younger audience more. WoW just needs to die at some point and not get any sequels. That said, I still have some faith in Blizzard and their ability of creating original and amazing universes. I just hope their next one is darker and not "ruined" by overuse of humor, puns, references and talking animals.

WoW 2. Take all that world of Warcraft has succeeded in throughout the years, improve the graphics, everyone back to level one and bring back the level 1-60 vanilla days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    The reason i think they should eventually stop WoW, even before it gets below the average amount of players per MMO, is that people always want change. I want them to scrap this whole design of game play and come up with something totally new that isn't related to the type of play we see in WoW at all. People want change. People need change, and that's the reason WoW is *slowly* losing it's player base. People can deny it all they want, but this game, if it keeps on going in the form of expansions forever, will eventually become just another MMO. People eventually got bored of 3D. So what happened then? IMAX was introduced. Eventually, we're going to get holograms. Why? Because people get bored of the same things. WoW is, no matter how different the expansions might be one from another, always the same and it will stay the same. And that will eventually bore more and more people!
    Your logic is flawed as more things are in 3-D now than they were 20 years ago and I don't know many people who are all about the IMAX.

World of Warcraft isn't going anywhere, at least not for the next 10-15 years, and even then, it will likely be more popular than any other MMO.

World of Warcraft does change, as evidenced by all the constant whining you see on the internet. Players come and go. It will, at worst, drop down some more subs but will stabilize as they continue to redefine and change their game. By tweaking things here and there without drastically breaking the mold, they'll ensure that their game outlasts them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep dreaming Haters. WOW has at least 20 years left. It is asinine to think Blizzard would kill WOW. That is financial suicide!

What if Titan is not a hit? If you kill WOW just to do something different, the new thing better pull in more income or you are out of business.

No Haters, since you now realize no other game can even scratch WOW, you have concocted this fantasy that Blizzard themselves will kill it. Two chances of that happening, Slim and None.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    The original Warcraft was quite dark and borrowed a lot of ideas from Tolkien.
    No, Warcraft I was originally a Warhammer game, but since Blizzard lost the license with the game almost finished, they came with a fast story for it, based on the work they had. In Warcraft II, the lore is vastly expanded and the comics/pop culture influence was already in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Keep dreaming Haters. WOW has at least 20 years left. It is asinine to think Blizzard would kill WOW. That is financial suicide!

What if Titan is not a hit? If you kill WOW just to do something different, the new thing better pull in more income or you are out of business.

No Haters, since you now realize no other game can even scratch WOW, you have concocted this fantasy that Blizzard themselves will kill it. Two chances of that happening, Slim and None.
    Please do not post blithering nonsense if you haven't even read my original post. I am not hating on Blizzard, i am just saying that eventually, this game will lose it's player base and eventually, making a new Warcraft game will be more profitable. I'm not saying when, nor am i saying Blizzard should do it now, all i said is how it would be perfect in my opinion. Jeez, some people here really need to do something about their nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    No, Warcraft I was originally a Warhammer game, but since Blizzard lost the license with the game almost finished, they came with a fast story for it, based on the work they had. In Warcraft II, the lore is vastly expanded and the comics/pop culture influence was already in there.
    Correct

@OP - It should also be noted that Jeff Kaplan, responsible for the world design in wow, along with his dev team were taken off of wow just after wotlk release to work on "Titan". We should start hearing more about it next year.

They make too much money on wow to kill it, not to mention when ever an mmo fails its because it does not have the features that wow has, like dungeon finder -> Swtor. You also can't just pump out a new mmo based on the original because people don't want to work for 8 years on a character and then start from scratch again, just look at all the people who played everquest but refused to move over to everquest 2.