Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you're ok! And on that note....SEAT BELTS FTW!

be glad u were that lucky the parents of a guildie wasnt last night - they got hit by a truck. the dad seems pretty fine but is having a mental breakdown thinking it was his fault, even though it was the truck driver's fault
    the stepmother however is severely injured - femur is shattered, 3 of the parts the spine is made of are broken and she has a hole in her chest...so be VERY thankful you are unharmed

Deleted
    It's great that you're alright and everything but,

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart
    So I'm about to take the exit and as I am getting on the ramp I realize the sign is a little closer to me than usual and I realize I am not far enough over and my driver's side was running on gravel.
    This does not happen if you're paying attention to the road.
    The sign did not move. The road did not move. The gravel did not change places.

Please, for your safety and everyone else on the road, pay attention while driving.
    You do not need to text while driving.
    You do not need to check your Facebook while driving.
    You do not need to answer your phone while driving.
    You definitely do not need to drink alcohol before/while driving.

You are operating a very heavy piece of metal at high speeds, if you do not have the responsibility to do so, driving is not for you.

Yes this is pretty harsh for someone just surviving a crash but it needs to be said.
    Last edited by mmoc6b7f58fe9b; 2012-06-24 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Tried something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97_kTRDSoI4

In my case (sitting in this bus) the car and the bus was driving so fast that bus drove over the car. The driver of the car decided that the best way to suicide was to drive into a bus with 20 ish passengers... Anyways the worst injury from the accident was a broken nose and ofc the death of the driver of the car.

Seat belts save lives. *thumbs up*

I would totally brag to everyone about being a woman of steel now.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just saw this post, feel like i am late on response, but here goes:
    I have the unfortunate pleasure of being on both ends of this situation, being both a citizen that has experienced a wreck similar to this, but began with doing several doughnuts when my car decided not to change lanes in an instant downpour, thru a rainstorm then ending in a similar fashion. Next as an EMS worker (retired) who has worked a few wrecks that started in this fashion and ended much differently.
    let me first say that you are indeed lucky. It has been my experience that people who have little or no harm resulting from such wrecks were in a relaxed state, possibly you might have been beginning to fall asleep at the wheel? in any case, the injuries you escaped could have been numerous and quite deadly.
    Secondly, i just want to say that in the future please be careful as you could have possibly taken someone else with you...impaired driving does not just mean you were intoxicated, that also includes operation of a vehicle when too tired to perform otherwise simple reflex actions...just saying.
    im glad you survived otherwise unscathed, please be careful in the future, as my accident was a real eye-opener, and i hope yours was as well :-)

When I was 14 I parked my mother's car on a slope, went inside the house and then heard a splash. Car in pool!

Remember kids. Always pay attention to the road and your surroundings.

Glad you're alright, though, and definitely take this as a lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you lived! I have been hit before and it felt like a giant,Hulk- fist slammed me in the back of the head.
    I've heard descriptions of accidents from people I've known, but I never understood until I felt that force hit me.

My sister snuck out with her 16 years old friends and the driver who only had his permit started speeding in the damn streets and when he was about to make a turn he hit a rock and car flipped 3 times in the air until it hit a mailbox in some guys house. The 4 of them* 16-15-14-14 all fainted and had scratches and cuts everywhere, car was upside down and my sister was in the back so she left through the back window and everyone was fainted and she ran to the house and ask for help. Crazy shit right there. Guess what. We were alllll sleeping (mself and our parents) and she snuck out to eat MCDONALDS. dumb children now days srsly. When we got the call in the morning we were expecting to hear that she died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Seat belts save lives. *thumbs up*

I would totally brag to everyone about being a woman of steel now.
    Agreed. Grats on making it out alive, OP. You should start wearing spandex and a cape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn...
    Glad you're alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea taking a turn or ramp at 68 is pretty.... crazy.... usually around here offramps have a 25mph speed limit....

Its not one bit surprising you survived by looking at the photos, the integrity of the car seems ok and the roof is still in good shape considering you rolled, ie is isn't very crushed. Modern cars are very safe and most crashes are easily survivable. You should be charged with negligent driving, because their is absolutely no other reason for this crash other than negligence.
    If you crash was like this(motorbike i know) and you survived i would be impressed

Yes he survived and no sheep where harmed lol
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2012-06-25 at 07:58 AM.