Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    The problem is that they can't measure up to wow, which has over 14 years in Development. People get hyped and then realize that its not as polished as wow (of course it isn't, wows had 14 years of development) and go back to wow or just quit. If those people would stick around and help nurture new mmos, such as Swotor and rift, then those mmos would start to get better and better, and more and more polished.

TL;DR: WoW was pretty bad when it came out too(compared to todays standards), but since there wasn't much of a better choice people stuck around and helped it grow into what it is today. (12 years later.) Now these new mmos don't have 14 years to get to that point, but it wouldn't take that if people would just support the ones with potential.

Edit: For those saying that the supporters of new mmos claim that they will be wow killers, realize that those saying this are mostly just trolls. I literally don't remember the last time I saw someone legitimately believing that. However I see people call out these people for "wow killer lawlz" ALL of the time. In fact Ive seen more posts calling them out on it than I have supporting that belief. Don't perpetuate the stereotype, you only make it worse.
    Last edited by Tsimp; 2012-06-27 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    I wish The Secret World would be F2P or B2P. I like the whole theme of the game but don't want to pay a subscription for it.
    My very unpopular opinions <3

People that can't afford 15$ a month, for steady content, should not be playing MMOs, or be gaming at all. B2P, will not help you either.

Players that want easymode MMOs, need to stick to offline gaming.

Players that can't be arsed to join a good guild, fly/ride/run to a dungeon/raid are bads and are ruining the MMO genre.

Players that must have a queue system, at all, are just old school bads that don't want the trouble of never finding groups/guilds because they are bad to begin with. Read up, on your shit and that problem goes away.

This is my #1 most unpopular opinion though:

99% of you, do not belong on the internet. You invaded our games, our forums and our lives. You knew nothing of internet culture and 99% of you still don't. You dance around in front of cameras and post personal information all over the place. You whine and cry about mistreatment and hammer the report button so the powers-that-be, can wash your fears away... You stole territory, that you had no rights to and never had the sense to integrate instead of being sheep, to make a handful of people rich. You pirate everything and then cry about regulation, you spew hate when none is needed, you humiliate your own friends for a tiny lulz and have it archived forever in, "social media"... Seriously WTF is that?

I'm happy to have new people around but get a grip. Take a second of your precious time to read up and learn where you are, what things do and why they work.

Yup, you nailed it OP, add that to MOBAs too.

Here's another one for you all:

First Person Shooter games are all the same upon the next game's release in its franchise, but with a slightly altered game engine, a few new weapons, new maps/campaigns, but that alone doesn't qualify for what I think should be something you call a new game when I've seen more advanced mods for games than what they deem as 'a new game'. Most of them are simply for the customer to spill their money on the mod (which it essentially is) and the countless map packs, and when they finally do something new with the franchise people don't want to give it a chance because the playerbase is too close minded. Most ''mainstream'' games don't put content over anything else, they make some small things and then make it online so people can waste their time there, because that's what's done in the game business today, make something little and find a cheap way to make it last for a long time (like online/multiplayer mode, or different difficulties with no real change).

Games like Call of Duty brainwash people into not only being interested in the army, but make people think that America is the good guys, and people from the east are the bad guys. Newsflash for you all, war doesn't solve shit, America is just as bad, if not even worse, than the middle eastern countries. I don't really wanna go into generalization though, because it'd be stupid to say all Americans support war, because I know you don't. Back to gaming: Call of Duty and the likes of games promotes war, which is obviously a terrible act, but what would Activision care, they get their fucking money. And for the 100th time, you do not qualify to get into the army, let alone carry a gun, just because you know all of their names in your stupid video game and their functions in a video game doesn't mean you have shit experience with them, that's like saying you should get a shortcut to your driver's license because you have played lots of Need for Speed, shit doesn't hold. Guns are for insecure people, show-offs and douchebag hunters anyways.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-06-27 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My unpopular opinion on Tera: Most people that whine about Tera being bad just either can't wrap their head around "hard 5mans can be harder than heroic 25mans", didn't play the game enough to actually know what the hell they're talking about, or played a Berserker and complained that the combat was dull.

My unpopular opinion on Mages: I think a Mage requires way less skill and/or effort to play than a Destruction Warlock, and I think it's silly that this isn't rewarded, even theorycrafted Warlocks are usually behind on Mages, even though Blizzard says they balance for good play, not perfect play.
    My unpopular opinion on any Mage I ever had in my raidteam: They never do good DPS and complain about RNG or gear. RNG should mean you still do well on average, sometimes do not so well, and sometimes not extrordinarily well, not that you just do 30k baseline on Ultraxion Heroic in an 8/8HC farm guild. Even I do 50k on Ultraxion as Destruction >.<

My unpopular opinion on GW2: At first I was very excited, the removal of the holy trinity and whatnot seemed fun and shit. However the combat system looks dull as hell, coming from a person that is used to having to actually manage 20+ skills in combat, 5 skills per weaponset equiped, with the limitation of swapping between 2 weaponsets, and 5 other skills, always puts you at a limit of 15 skills at your disposal at max, or up to 19 if one of your righthand skills is yet another skillset. But it still comes down to you mainly using 1 spammable attack, and 3-4 other attacks, with some of them not even being rotational but rather a utility. The complexity as far as combat goes is far from what I enjoy in my MMORPG. So I'll probably have to pass this one.

My unpopular opinion on SWTOR: Should have been released as a Single-player game, as apart from some innovative BG formats, and some choices you can make in dungeons, the only really innovative system in there is the questGIVING (not the quests themselves, just the questgiving), which has been done before in ME. They could've been better off just making it single-player, attach a different combat system (because copying the age-old combat system that games like WoW and Rift also use, isn't gonna make for a great new MMO) and make the quests less grindy. Just a poor decision to go onto the MMO market, with questgiving being the only new thing, while quests are the very thing people hate right now, because they're the boring things you need to do to get to max level or max out reputations.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    I disagree, Rift is still going strong and is a great mmo. Community within the game is also good, 12 yr old raging kids are frowned upon and are not tolerated.

10+ Year Old Account
    My unpopular opinion on Raids: Since LFR is introduced, why the hell is there still a nerfing system in place for Normal and Heroic? LFR was supposed for those to see the content, and quite honestly, when I sucked at WoW, I was fine with never getting past 4/12HC25ICC, and 11/12HC10ICC. Targeted nerfs like the Spine HC nerf on the Tendons are good, because it removed badly designed difficulty that was heavily class-imbalanced, and made the fight impossible for warlocks. The nerfs on Normal and Heroic raids need to stop, unless the content is really too hard. But brainlessly ramping up the debuff every single month is not targeted nerfs at unfair mechanics.

Brings me to my next one: People whining about turning off the debuff being an option should really stop doing so. Turning off the debuff is not an option, if you're in a progression race with people of a similar skill-level. (Yes they are allowed to compete, hell, there is fierce competition in SC2's Bronze League, that's okay too.) It is way more fun to progress through content, and the only nerf happening is the acquisition of new and better gear. A brick wall can not exist, if you just keep clearing up to that "wall" week by week, and just get the best gear there is before that "wall". And if you have ALL the gear there is to get before that, and the fight's mechanics are not unfair in the way that they SHOULD be nerfed, and you can STILL not kill this boss... Accept that your team as it is, can not kill that content, because it is not good enough, and move on. By the time the next tier comes, and you outgear it even more, you'll easily tackle the boss and have a laugh at how much of a bitch this boss was before.
    Nerfing bosses halfway the tier by big global amounts across the board, or even after the tier is done, is stupid and shouldn't be done. Take an example to T11HC. Is it easy as hell now? YES. Has it been nerfed 20% or something like that across the board? NO. Was it needed? NO. Good.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    Man. You guys really let the preferences and actions of others effect your personal enjoyment and outlook. From a psychological point of view, that's pretty unhealthy.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Man. You guys really let the preferences and actions of others effect your personal enjoyment and outlook. From a psychological point of view, that's pretty unhealthy.
    Well, when the preferences of others end up resulting in negative (from my point of view) changes to something I enjoy (like WoW to some extent), it becomes a small problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    Well, when the preferences of others end up resulting in negative (from my point of view) changes to something I enjoy (like WoW to some extent), it becomes a small problem.
    Sure, the same could be said about literally anything in the "real world" as well as most video games if you're trying hard enough to make the connection. That's just the way it goes, however, what happened to the good ol days where people had a problem with something so they just stopped doing it, rather than continuing said activity for seemingly no reason outside of routine of bitterness and then coming to public locations to let everyone know how they feel.

There once was a time where decisions could be made without the justification of some pride driven public statement.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    99% of you, do not belong on the internet. You invaded our games, our forums and our lives. You knew nothing of internet culture and 99% of you still don't. You dance around in front of cameras and post personal information all over the place. You whine and cry about mistreatment and hammer the report button so the powers-that-be, can wash your fears away... You stole territory, that you had no rights to and never had the sense to integrate instead of being sheep, to make a handful of people rich. You pirate everything and then cry about regulation, you spew hate when none is needed, you humiliate your own friends for a tiny lulz and have it archived forever in, "social media"... Seriously WTF is that?
    You act like the internet is some secret, exclusive club. "Stole" what territory? I can appreciate that other people hate that assholes ruin everything about the internet, but they still have every right to be there and do those sorts of things. It is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    My very unpopular opinions <3
    what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

People that can't afford 15$ a month, for steady content, should not be playing MMOs, or be gaming at all. B2P, will not help you either.
    Sorry some of us would rather spend that $15 on things that actually matter. It's not like the economy is complete shit right now or anything.

Not disagreeing really, but most games with a subscription fee don't really deliver any kind of steady content for the price. WoW releases content once ever 8 months, Warhammer...well yeah, I think EVE has some decent update rates, TERA we'll see about but I don't think it will have a fast schedule, and then some other smallish games that don't have fast content release schedules.

Trion is pretty much the only developer that's been able to stick to a steady release schedule that justifies the subscription, but BW are doing a pretty good job with SWTOR. If they can keep it up they'll justify the subscription. But the games I listed above...can't imagine how they justify a subscription with the rate at which they put out content and features.

Hahaha oh man. How much time on Gopher and Telnet did you spend...did you ever use a 300 baud...do you know what a door is...difference between ASCII and ANSI...time spent in a UNIX shell...

GTFO of here with your bullshit elitism and false sense of superiority. You're not special.

Your opinion is unpopular because its stupid, and there's always going to be someone more old-school than you.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Hahaha oh man. How much time on Gopher and Telnet did you spend...did you ever use a 300 baud...do you know what a door is...difference between ASCII and ANSI...time spent in a UNIX shell...

GTFO of here with your bullshit elitism and false sense of superiority. You're not special.

Your opinion is unpopular because its stupid, and there's always going to be someone more old-school than you.
    Unix shells suck. Dial up also blows. God I remember when 56k modems were released and it was the shit... Getting old brother getting old...

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post

There once was a time where decisions could be made without the justification of some pride driven public statement.
    As I've been told in no uncertain terms "complaining is the new meta game". I guess wining converts to your side is the prize?