Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    to be in jail you have to have done something.
    To be Homeless you would just have had to fuck your life over.

to me its equally bad. id probably rather be in jail tho there is a bigger chance of being raped in jail.
    I have never been to a prison, but I think, that this "you get raped in prison all the time" statement is exaggerated.

There should be a lot of supervision and if you yell loud enough someone will come to help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagga View Post
    What people don't seem to realize here is that more often than not, homeless people are homeless because of certain substances (e.g. alcohol); it's not possible or is at least considerably harder to be intoxicated 24/7 inside a prison.
    Or they have serious mental disorders that prohibit them from functioning in society. Not talking about depression and things like that, more likely severe cases of schizophrenia (spelled it right on the first try! Proud of myself!) and real textbook insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Living in Denmark and with prisons being Hotels or whatever..

It is better to live on the street, at least on the street you still have a remnant of the feeling of autonomy
    In Denmark you get benefits that should be enough to get you a place to live unless ofc you drink it all up as is the case most of the time sadly - there arent that many homeless though... Or maybe they just arent visible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    to be in jail you have to have done something.
    To be Homeless you would just have had to fuck your life over.

to me its equally bad. id probably rather be in jail tho there is a bigger chance of being raped in jail.
    you dont get raped in prison in scandinavia bro

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Rofl, what?? Dutch prison cells have access to personal computers?
    In many countries being in prison is about rehabilition, not like the retarded system they use in other places in the world where when the criminal comes out he'll just do some stupid shit again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    you dont get raped in prison in scandinavia bro

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 11:38 AM ----------

In many countries being in prison is about rehabilition, not like the retarded system they use in other places in the world where when the criminal comes out he'll just do some stupid shit again.
    I'll let the authorities know our system is failing because we don't have enough PCs in our prison cells. Thank you for the insight.

I'll let the authorities know our system is failing because we don't have enough PCs in our prison cells. Thank you for the insight.
    He is saying that their prisons prepare them to live outside to and isnt just Crime 101

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    In Denmark you get benefits that should be enough to get you a place to live unless ofc you drink it all up as is the case most of the time sadly - there arent that many homeless though... Or maybe they just arent visible.

Hehe i remember an old quote from Aarhus.. "there are only 25 homeless".. meanwhile the homeless shelters were full and turned more than 25 away :P

But yes in general that is true, if you are homeless through no fault of your own or due to circumstances that leave you exposed (mental health, abuse) the laws will give you the ability to get a home offered by the city.. i hear that takes a year or so but it will be offered

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I wonder why the US has more prison rape than other countries :/
    At least, from what I'm gathering in this thread, I haven't had any experience with prisons outside of the country.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by imtehrogue View Post
    In Norway prison is luxury
    Your buddy Anders Brevik knows all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    I have never been to a prison, but I think, that this "you get raped in prison all the time" statement is exaggerated.

There should be a lot of supervision and if you yell loud enough someone will come to help you.
    Perhaps in Germany, I hear it's a nice place to live, so naturally your prisons must be slightly nicer than the US. Over here the guards will most likely turn a blind eye. They have other things to worry about than your butthole.

Homeless, getting away form it, you still have less of a social stigma then jail, and more oppertunity. Also the type of homeless you have really tells you about your society. In the US the highest groups are the mentally ill and vets... BUT in the USA too we pretty much have an entire race locked up in jail, which nobody even raises an eye over.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-06-25 at 11:57 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    I wonder if we can make a new term.. like the old one about Godwin but here.. In any debate that lives long enough Breivik will be mentioned, the term will then be to Breivik the thread..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    prison of course,sometimes you even get job trainings in prison or you can work in prison.
    That's why I don't get why homeless people don't do crimes and go to prison.
    They can be good people who wouldn't live knowing what they did. And let's be honest, the only way a poor can go to jail is killing or attempting to do so... if he steals they'll easily know what his intentions were and he'll just be set free over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    He is saying that their prisons prepare them to live outside to and isnt just Crime 101
    People get rehabilitated in the system all the time. He's just hating. If you have something proving significantly higher rates of success, I'll admit defeat and not just think he's finding whatever flaws he can to shit on my country. Honestly, the hate gets old. Really, really old. I'm not bothered by it because we have problems, but because everyone else pretends they don't. I'll be the first to admit that America has issues. But for fuck's sakes, stop being so self righteous.

Edit: I'm actually going to leave the thread. This is something I'm actually fed up with, and am more likely than not to just go into rage mode. It won't be healthy thread for me to participate in.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-06-25 at 12:03 PM.

I will also point out the Homeless, are prime targets for police quotas, which kind of makes me wonder about the OP. Being homeless will eventually land you in jail, usually more then once, just for the fact you are Homeless, where a non homeless criminal is only targeted when they are suspicious etc.
    The whole prison system is about making money off the person arrested, and putting them back in to make more money. Homless support is about getting them in school, working, off the streets and so on, which in the end gets the whole desperation aspect out of the way... Try dealing with a felony tho.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-06-25 at 12:06 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    That's why I don't get why homeless people don't do crimes and go to prison.
    Because there is no "homeless" in Europe (US is different i think, but here i read alot dutch/denmark), when you are homeless in europe, you have decided yourself to be homeless, every eu country pays you a unemployment benefit and a small flat even when you dont do a shit. Especially in the Netherlands (iam not from there but i know the law) you cant get kicked out of a flat when you dont pay until the renter gives you something else where you can life

Quote Originally Posted by bi0 View Post
    Because there is no "homeless" in Europe (US is different i think, but here i read alot dutch/denmark), when you are homeless in europe, you have decided yourself to be homeless, every eu country pays you a unemployment benefit and a small flat even when you dont do a shit. Especially in the Netherlands (iam not from there but i know the law) you cant get kicked out of a flat when you dont pay until the renter gives you something else where you can life
    In the USA we do that in some places. Take San Francisco for instance, they housed their homeless who wanted homes, and not wanting to live in golden gate park. How? They took over/offered benifits for all the owners of their shitty hotels and roomed them all with stipends and a work requirement, and so on. If you are homeless there and do not want to be, you jump threw the hoops and get on with your life.

People get rehabilitated in the system all the time. He's just hating. If you have something proving significantly higher rates of success, I'll admit defeat and not just think he's finding whatever flaws he can to shit on my country. Honestly, the hate gets old. Really, really old. I'm not bothered by it because we have problems, but because everyone else pretends they don't. I'll be the first to admit that America has issues. But for fuck's sakes, stop being so self righteous.

Edit: I'm actually going to leave the thread. This is something I'm actually fed up with, and am more likely than not to just go into rage mode. It won't be healthy thread for me to participate in.
    http://criminalrehab.wordpress.com/2...al-argument-3/
    Its not really a secret that the US has high recidivism and its most likely stemming from the fact you have private prisons influencing legislation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Seeing as im Dutch and this is a dutch prison cell:

Yea id choose the nice room over having to live on the street.
    That looks like a dorm room in college. I really wish all prisons were like the video I linked. Perhaps then people would think twice about committing crimes. I dont care if your a drug dealer or murderer or you get a DUI ALL prisons should be like this. people who commit cries are scum and deserved to be treated as such

Here in norway, jail obviously.

In America, I'd rather be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post

Let's start pointing out criminals in the US?