Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do people hate Glenn Beck?

Okay so I was wondering why do people bash Glenn Beck all the time? I mean it's become something of an insult when someone says something outrageous the other is likely to reply "Wow, you could be the next Glenn Beck / You're like Glenn Beck"

Why the hate? I read some of his views, listened to a few of his recordings and he seems like a reasonably intelligent person offering practical solutions to various socio-economic problems.

I think people just hate him because he says some things in a too passionate tone. Or they're so far down the left they'll instantly dismiss anything a right-winger has to say. Where is the middle ground?

He's Mormon, that's enough reason for most people. But really, I think he's just really passionate, and that tone annoys a lot of people and they refuse to give him a chance.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

As someone very firmly in the middle of the spectrum, I would say its because he is intentionally inflammatory all the time. Honestly he seems like a massive blow hard, even more then rush limbaugh somehow.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 09:58 AM ----------

Also it is all just an act for ratings. Which is working I guess, so yay for him and his money :P

here in gothenburg we love everyone named glenn

Deleted

To me he seems like an intelligent guy when it comes to debating, seeing as how he interrupts and only tells the negative sides of the things he argues against in a very effective way. It's also this, along with his loophole-logic that makes me dislike him. I don't hate him, but he's annoying as shit, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's a fearmongering hatemongering reactionary conspiracy theorist who invokes Godwin's Law as a matter of course and convinces large swathes of population of his zany theories.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-06-25 at 03:48 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

People mainly don't like Glenn Beck because he's the kind of people that thinks he's "smart guy that thinks he's a genius and grabs ideas from his ass", and mostly conclude wrong things based on his lack of knowledge and research about things, which he doesn't actually have a clue, which makes him kind of a "puppet" to his productions/sponsors propaganda and marketing.

It's obvious how inacurate glenn beck is about his own statements, and he doesn't even assume his mistakes on his supposed "analysis". On any theme, you can see very well how he changes his opinion after actually be informed slightly about what he's talking about.

Just as example, Glenn Beck was 100% against Ron Paul and laughed at him for a long time, until he actually somehow managed to understand some of Ron Paul's points.
    He's like someone who assumes opinions from other people without thinking and the worst part is that he publishes that as the "truth", before he actually researches something about that. He's either dishonest or dumb to keep doing the same things over and over.

Glenn Beck is basically Bill O'Reilly but slightly more intelligent, making him less likely for people to see the mistakes and fallacies on his opinions.
    Last edited by Madness20; 2012-06-25 at 04:15 PM.

He never backs up any wild accusation he makes, rarely apologizes for mistakes unless under massive media scrutiny, and used to be a shock jock radio DJ.

Also, there was that thing with that girl in 1990...
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

He's a hyperbolic buffoon.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

If you look at his career history in how he made his success first in radio he has always done it through sensationalizing events and stories to get attention to his program. By his own admission stretching the truth is a fantastic way to find and keep new listeners. My perception of him is that he has found a niche in using shock speech to hook people who just aren't very savvy or are inexperienced in a world dominated by critical thinking and the people support him simply due to not being capable of understanding he is straight up manipulating them to pad his own pockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's purposely obnoxious.

When your right wing conspiracy theories are so messed up that Fox News fires you?

Ya got issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    When your right wing conspiracy theories are so messed up that Fox News fires you?

Ya got issues.
    I wonder how much he cried after that...

Glenn Beck is a great man! The world would be a much better and freer place if more people were like him.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post

Ya got issues.
    Fox News did not fire him. He left on his own accord to pursue other goals. For instance he has his own channel he runs based online.
    "LET TERROR RAIN!!!" ~ Warcraft III

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eothekingslayer View Post
    Glenn Beck is a great man! The world would be a much better and freer place if more people were like him.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 01:16 PM ----------

Fox News did not fire him. He left on his own accord to pursue other goals. For instance he has his own channel he runs based online.
    Nothing he says is true and he is deluded. He is just a ex-addict talking head that makes a shitload of money off old white conservatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

beck is a lying. drug addled, silver hat wearing war monger who was even too crazy for fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Nothing he says is true and he is deluded. He is just a ex-addict talking head that makes a shitload of money off old white conservatives.
    Your little incoherent rant made you look extremely intelligent. Gratz!!!
    "LET TERROR RAIN!!!" ~ Warcraft III

10+ Year Old Account
    He is on my radio sometimes. I think he is pretty crazy. Sometimes he has interesting points, but most of the time it is a bunch of Fearmongering.

Don't really know much about Mr. Beck.

Although I did read his fiction book called the Overton Window, due to lack of options at the local groccery store that day. It was a choice between that, Twilight or some sort of Twilight rip off.

I enjoyed the book and it had some interesting characters and ideas.