Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Navi is ok. Not as annoying as people say. Fi on the other hand, oh boy, hate her.

Midna is the best companion.
    HEY, LISTEN! LOOK! OVER THERE!

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

But for what it's worth, I'd take Navi over any talkative Pawn from Dragon's Dogma. I swear to god, the NEVER EVER shut the fuck up and the question asked to adjust how quiet they are is confusing, so you might just actually be telling them to talk more instead of shutting up! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEGGGGG.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Honestly, I find Fi MUCH more annoying, simple because of the sounds she makes whenever she sings/dances/talks... They are so wierdly annoying.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You're crazy, Fi's voice/dancing was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Definitely not as good as Fi and Midna.
    Totally agree with this one. Majora's Mask will always be my favorite, but I liked Midna best as a companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If there was no Navi there would be no autotarget, you would have to manually target everything
    based on what? the game has you target with navi not because she is required but because it was designed that way
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Annoying "voiceover," complete lack of actual usefulness, runs around pretending she's such a powerful badass when really she's just a princess who got turned into a demon imp and isn't good for anything. You do all these garbage errands for her to get some sort of armor that's going to give her her power back but OH WAIT you have to kill Ganon too because she still isn't good enough to live up to her word after everything you did for her. And at the end she basically just says "thanks, byeLOL"

At least the fairies know they're just a sidekick, Midna acts like everything was thanks to her. If friendly fire was possible putting the master sword through Midna's skull is the first thing I would've done.

As an aside, Zant for twilight lord 2012.
    The Fused Shadows were to beat Zant so she could reclaim the throne and stop the twilight invasion. They were items of ancient, extraordinary power that she thought were necessary to fix the twilight/light world mix, not something to change her back from imp form. But since Ganondorf was the actual ringleader, killing Zant didn't accomplish that.

Gawd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Honestly, I find Fi MUCH more annoying, simple because of the sounds she makes whenever she sings/dances/talks... They are so wierdly annoying.
    Her dancing and singing is one of the reasons Skelington likes her so much.

Annoying "voiceover," complete lack of actual usefulness, runs around pretending she's such a powerful badass when really she's just a princess who got turned into a demon imp and isn't good for anything. You do all these garbage errands for her to get some sort of armor that's going to give her her power back but OH WAIT you have to kill Ganon too because she still isn't good enough to live up to her word after everything you did for her. And at the end she basically just says "thanks, byeLOL"

At least the fairies know they're just a sidekick, Midna acts like everything was thanks to her. If friendly fire was possible putting the master sword through Midna's skull is the first thing I would've done.

As an aside, Zant for twilight lord 2012.
    At least Midna had a bit of a personality. Fi was an emotionless robot until the last ten minutes of the game, and Navi didn't do anything. By the end of the game, I actually cared about Midna somewhat. And her voice was no more annoying than Navi's or Fi's.

The Fused Shadows were to beat Zant so she could reclaim the throne and stop the twilight invasion. They were items of ancient, extraordinary power that she thought were necessary to fix the twilight/light world mix, not something to change her back from imp form. But since Ganondorf was the actual ringleader, killing Zant didn't accomplish that.
    Link killed Zant, Midna was in the background doing nothing as usual. But don't worry, she came out to talk some smack after the fighting was over. That's what cool people are there for, after all. I never cared about Midna as much as I wished I could put an end to her suffering.

Also, I didn't mind Navi, I think the annoyance of her tells has been extremely overexaggerated by a combination of OoT being the perfect nostalgia game and the intro/Deku tree phase having a bunch of dialogue you can't skip. I hated the !@$%ing owl way more. After talking to him Navi was my best friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skelington didn't hate her, but she could get kind of annoying eventually. Definitely not as good as Fi and Midna.
    I found Midna more annoying than Navi most of the time. She's an adorable little imp/shadow/thing but most of the time I would've preferred she just stay quiet. I don't need to be told that the ice puzzle is, in fact, a puzzle.

I might be the odd man out here, and he's not quite the same role, but I actually liked Tingle from Wind Waker. He was the perfect kind of cartoony-insane you'd expect from a game like that.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 07:46 AM ----------

Gawd.
    Been a long time since I played. The shadow macguffins were how she fixed everything, but why'd we have to kill Ganon(dorf), besides it was a Zelda game? Was Zelda's goodie two-shoes magic required to complete the "fix the mirror" project?

I think it was kind of rude for Midna to get turned back into a shadow-human-whatever, pretty much start coming onto Link, and then just up and run the hell away, never to return. Poor Link, guy's left with the bluest balls that ever were blue.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-06-26 at 12:42 PM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Link killed Zant, Midna was in the background doing nothing as usual. But don't worry, she came out to talk some smack after the fighting was over. That's what cool people are there for, after all. I never cared about Midna as much as I wished I could put an end to her suffering.

Also, I didn't mind Navi, I think the annoyance of her tells has been extremely overexaggerated by a combination of OoT being the perfect nostalgia game and the intro/Deku tree phase having a bunch of dialogue you can't skip. I hated the !@$%ing owl way more. After talking to him Navi was my best friend.
    Interesting theory about Navi's annoyance being exaggerated, I would agree, and yes...burn the owl...

Deleted
    When I glanced at the threads title I seen 'Am I the only one that loves Nazi's?'
    'Oh boy...', I thought to myself as I clicked the link.

Why does everyone forget Tatl?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    Why does everyone forget Tatl?
    Didn't actually talk as far as I remember, just a bunch of dinging and annoying script.

Didn't actually talk as far as I remember, just a bunch of dinging and annoying script.
    Oh she talked. But not as much as Navi.

I agree with the OP. Navi was extraordinarily cute, same with Midna. They were both annoying in their own way, but the overall feel of those two companions were very positive for me.

Haven't set my mind on Fi though, she just doesn't appear to be a real companion in the same sense as Navi and Midna. Fi was more like a guide book with a face.
    Last edited by Drihan; 2012-06-26 at 02:07 PM.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    Oh she talked. But not as much as Navi.
    Did she? I'm trying to remember and not getting much.

I loved Tatl, most of her useless talks were avoidable but still insightful (when you have to put the garo mask to fight with one to get a hint on what to do next, you don't have ot talk to her just put on your mask). only problem is sometimes she's uncooperative but navi was the same but she wouldn't shut up.

however MIDNA she was the most annoying partner EVER. but she did bring a VERY GOOD gameplay element (when you are in wolf form)

Windwalker's partner is kinda annoying too, the dragon boat (the partner) had the most annoying long speech (like the owl in ocarina and majora) but he also had the worst gameplay elements (navigating was fun at first then tedious and boring eventually) Tingle is more of a side character if anything imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    Wind Waker says Hi.

(Unless you count The King of Red Lions as a "Companion." I don't.)
    I'm pretty sure that Link had a fairy in Wind Waker. I have a picture in my head about a fairy talking to link on the big fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post

however MIDNA she was the most annoying partner EVER.
    I really like you all of a sudden.

I read the thread as "Am I the only one that loves Nazis?" and was really confused why it wasn't closed.