Deleted

Dealing with negativity: Ignore it or confront it?

I heard the best solutions are only 2:

1. Confront negativity

2. Run away from it

I recently started suspecting running away may be cowardice, but not sure. What do you think?

Deleted
    Confront it or it will always dominate you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Confront it or it will always dominate you.
    The argument about ignoring it is that it often has the condition that you do not stay around but actually abandon the person. This has a big difference with staying around and being abused.

Hence it makes some sense in that context.

But still not sure if it's inferior.

Maybe they are being truthful.

There is someone I always give a hard time, telling them them are wallowing in filth surrounded by beasts. They live in a house with dogs in every room that they never clean up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Maybe they are being truthful.
    Let's not be off topic. Let's assume there is negativity. And some people are confident in identifying it anyway.

Deleted
    Confront it, if it's too much, retreat/ignore it. But always try to confront it.

if it bothers you confront it, otherwise whats the point

'Negativity' in what sense? People whining?

I only confront somebody about it if the topic is relevant to me.

And not because I want to stop them whining, but because I may disagree with them.

If the topic they are whining about isn't relevant to me, or I'm not disagreeing; I will not confront them, and instead just not listen to them.

Negativity is socially pointless, and so I don't see why I should let it affect me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    I heard the best solutions are only 2:

1. Confront negativity

2. Run away from it

I recently started suspecting running away may be cowardice, but not sure. What do you think?
    Can you give more information on what you are looking for? In what situations? What context?

Echoing what most of the others have said - confront it. Stand up for yourself where applicable. Don't let negativity bring you down.

Always confront it. Always stand up for yourself and your opinions, but be willing to accept other's ideas and allow your to keep evolving in order to confront new challenges.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is effecting you and you do not want it to, then you should probably try to do something about it. but there is such a thing as a "necessary evil".

both, depending on the situation, its a rather broad topic and you haven't offered any details.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to confront things.. But if I feel it's uncalled for in any way, and I shouldn't bother with it - then I ignore.

It honestly depends on the situation to be fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough context in your question. Sometimes it's best to ignore it, sometimes you've got to confront it. If it's really important, confront it. If not, ignore it.
    Putin khuliyo

i would say, deal with it, as its kind of mix between ignoring and confronting it. When crappy things happen to me, i dont cry, i accept that its crap and decide the best move to do without acting like a baby about it.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's important, confront it. Insignificant, ignore it.

Depends on the consequences of either approach. Sometimes it's not worth it to confront "negativity" because the fallout is worse. Impossible to say more without context.