View Poll Results: What is your Group Finder Experience Like?

Voters
151. This poll is closed
  • Great! Solves all my grouping problems pre-1.3

68 45.03%
  • Ok I guess. Probably needs to be tweaked to allow xServer.

54 35.76%
  • Horrible, no one is even using it.

29 19.21%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Group Finder Feedback

Hello All!

One of my most anticipated features is the Group Finder that has launched in 1.3

I feel that a server side only decision was good, but Ive also seen this decision made by other games that eventually went xServer.

Id like to get this pole going to see how people feel about the Group Finder System and whether its "working as intended" or may need to be changed i.e. xServer.

I understand that the patch has just released so please dont feel like you must vote today, come back once you have a opinion. The poll will last for 30 days. Thanks!
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-06-26 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was online after the restart for a weebit this afternoon and from what was been said in trade it was worknig quite well,there was the usual remarks about not been xserver been a bad idea but it seems stable and working and as you stated whos to say it wont go xserver .

1 gripe i seem to have seen a lot was you could only que up for 1 flashpoint not multiples but i,m not sure if that was jsut coz people didnt know how to work it or if it is a bug etc.wasnt on lnog enough to veiw the replies in debt.
    Faith Manages

It's great

It should never go X server

Eh, should be an indifferent option, for those of us who didn't have probs getting groups already.

an hour and 40 min wait for me so i havent tried it yet - although i think gruop finder for server only at start, then prob xserver - 1 thing at a time

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Eh, should be an indifferent option, for those of us who didn't have probs getting groups already.
    Indifferent doesn't answer the aim of the poll, which is to determine if the feature is functioning properly. I'll give you that it could have been worded better and had a 4th option, but your personal experience of not having problems before it existed has no value in regards to the poll's intended purpose.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by btf View Post
    an hour and 40 min wait for me so i havent tried it yet - although i think gruop finder for server only at start, then prob xserver - 1 thing at a time
    I'm guessing you are a dps, but hopefully this is not a factual indication of how it is going to work. If your experience proves to be true across the board, they won't be able to make it cross server fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry about that, here you go Indifferent Option

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Indifferent doesn't answer the aim of the poll, which is to determine if the feature is functioning properly. I'll give you that it could have been worded better and had a 4th option, but your personal experience of not having problems before it existed has no value in regards to the poll's intended purpose.
    I thought about a 4th option but then couldnt come up with a relevant option. I mean really it can only go one of three ways. Its either good, needs work, or bad. Really nothing else you can add accept a elaboration of one of those three imo.

And as such I'm stuck saying "yes it solved all my problems" or "no, I'm having problems still," neither of which are true.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I thought about a 4th option but then couldnt come up with a relevant option. I mean really it can only go one of three ways. Its either good, needs work, or bad. Really nothing else you can add accept a elaboration of one of those three imo.
    And as such it is an incomplete poll. You're saying it either solved all the issues or it didn't. That's not an accurate sampling of the population.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 11:53 AM ----------

So what you're saying is, people who had no problem before, but may or may not still use the system should just bugger off and our opinions are invalidated? You're thread is "group finder feedback," not "group finder solved all my problems, and it should of for you too, unless you still can't get a group"

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 11:45 AM ----------

It should have been less of an anectdotal experience and more of a measure of achieving its function. I'm on Koalas side here that the choices were terrible.

1)Working as intended, no bugs present
    2)Working as intended, bugs present
    3)Working almost as intended, very long queues or bugs present
    4)Broken/Not in use by the population

These are 4 differing choices that would represent a larger majority of the playerbases' experience.

edit:

Not trying to tear you down for trying to provide a place to gague the effectiveness of such a monumental feature, but it seems the post was a bit rushed. Just take a little more time on an important poll before 'going live' on such a hot issue.

Server community now is dead. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    Care to give some examples? I've already met 2 people, much like when I ran dungeons with pugs before LFG.

After the server transfers were enacted, it's been quite the opposite for me, seeing as my old server was barely getting 20 ppl online at peak hours.

Care to clarify that?
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is, people who had no problem before, but may or may not still use the system should just bugger off and our opinions are invalidated? You're thread is "group finder feedback," not "group finder solved all my problems, and it should of for you too, unless you still can't get a group"
    Something to that affect yes. I dont care if you didnt have problems before, good for you, you are the minority. For those that did have trouble did it:
    A- fix your problem?
    B- sorta fix your problem, but the issue is still very much present
    C- didnt fix squat

If you cant answer any of those, then dont vote. See your way out. Start your own poll, I dont really care. But dont come in here telling me my poll isnt suiting your needs because your needs are not my concern. This is for my needs and for those like me who have had a problem in the past. Thank you.

It should have been less of an anectdotal experience and more of a measure of achieving its function. I'm on Koalas side here that the choices were terrible.

1)Working as intended, no bugs present
    2)Working as intended, bugs present
    3)Working almost as intended, very long queues or bugs present
    4)Broken/Not in use by the population

These are 4 differing choices that would represent a larger majority of the playerbases' experience.

edit:

Not trying to tear you down for trying to provide a place to gague the effectiveness of such a monumental feature, but it seems the post was a bit rushed. Just take a little more time on an important poll before 'going live' on such a hot issue.
    This was not a poll to determine functionality as much as a poll to gauge whether the Group Finder is:

- Making a big impact on the ease of grouping pre 1.3
    - Making a minimal impact on the ease of grouping pre 1.3
    - Making little to no impact on the ease of grouping pre 1.3

And I feel that the three available options convey that. If your interested in other data by all means start a poll on your own, but this is what Im after. Nothing more, nothing less. If people want to elaborate with a reply that is ok.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-06-26 at 07:22 PM.

Something to that affect yes. I dont care if you didnt have problems before, good for you, you are the minority. For those that did have trouble did it:
    A- fix your problem?
    B- sorta fix your problem, but the issue is still very much present
    C- didnt fix squat

If you cant answer any of those, then dont vote. See your way out. Start your own poll, I dont really care. But dont come in here telling me my poll isnt suiting your needs because your needs are not my concern. This is for my needs and for those like me who have had a problem in the past. Thank you.
    Fine then, Im taking my vote back. The main problem with your argument though, is that these are discussion forums, and if you're only looking for certain people to answer, you should label your thread better to make it more obvious what you are looking for without wasting my time.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 12:28 PM ----------

This was not a poll to determine functionality
    You named your thread like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    Care to clarify that?
    I think it was a sarcastic troll post mocking people who (rightfully) claim that CROSS SERVER LFG changes how people act int he game.

Obviously they failed since swtor LFG is not cross server and so far hasn't presented the same problems I have seen in other games with cross server LFG. Although that is in my experience and it's barely been a day but I have found the opposite to be true of what that troll has said.

Cross server LFG destroys a large portion community in mmos.
    In-server LFG does not have such an extreme affect, there are consequences and the game is not so "Wham bam, thank you mam" (which makes people edgy and rushed, getting full of themselves)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine then, Im taking my vote back. The main problem with your argument though, is that these are discussion forums, and if you're only looking for certain people to answer, you should label your thread better to make it more obvious what you are looking for without wasting my time.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 12:28 PM ----------

You named your thread like it is.
    Signed. Please edit your title so other people who think this is actually feedback on the group finder feauture, and not some personal support group, will know to stay away. There is definitely a way to take constructive feedback without taking your ball and going home.

I guess my time in this thread is done. I will await an actual feedback thread to discuss my experience with the feature when I get home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Signed. Please edit your title so other people who think this is actually feedback on the group finder feauture, and not some personal support group, will know to stay away. There is definitely a way to take constructive feedback without taking your ball and going home.

I guess my time in this thread is done. I will await an actual feedback thread to discuss my experience with the feature when I get home.
    I can label the poll how I want, its relevant regardless of whether its what you want to know or not.

This isnt the Poll you are looking for....

Deleted
    It was fun, and I would probably never have tried any flashpoints what so ever if they didnt add it, I'm a pvp-player and cba creating groups for something you don't really need to do. But I tried random dungeon finder today, queue was half-fast for a dps not being max-lvl. The flashpoint itself was fun and went quite smooth with all people being noobs to star wars flashpoints. Helpful and friendly people as well =) Might run another one tomorrow, feel sad for those on my server who wants to log in and try now.. 1h 45min queue :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Helpful and friendly people as well =) Might run another one tomorrow, feel sad for those on my server who wants to log in and try now.. 1h 45min queue :P
    Im not sure I understand this last part. Why have queue times risen? I would think as we approach NA primetime queue times would drop.

I do know that I plan to roll a new toon so I can experinence the flashpoints and Heroic Quests that I missed leveling up. Maybe this is what a lot of people are doing?

Or maybe everyone is hopping on their 50s to see those last Flashpoints like Battle of Ilum and False Emperor?