Deleted

Question Getting Started with Airsoft

So yeah I'm looking into getting into Airsoft however I'm unsure on where to start.

Maybe the MMOC community could help me out with it. What guns and gear would you recommend for complete beginners and does any one know of any good venues near the London area?

Thanks

Deleted
    usually you can rent guns from the place you go to, thats probably best to do for a first time.

you also need a license for airsoft guns, you get one of these by attending an airsoft place something like 3 times a year. before getting the license, you can only own brightly coloured or clear guns, so probab;y best to wait and get a proper one.

look up the VCRA (violent crimes reduction act) and read up the airsoft part.

Unless you go with someone who already owns guns, the only legal way for you to play airsoft is to rent a gun from the site until you have visited airsoft sites a number of times, you will then have to fill an applcication form ukaara and get your ukaara reg number before you can legally buy and own said guns.

Once you have got your licence etc. The make i would recommend would be kwa - they generally are reliable and some of the most solidly made airsoft guns
    They do seem to have issues with gearbox's being stripped, and pistons dropping but the former is nearly always down to user error.

Deleted
    With regards to the actual equipment, when i started i managed to get hold of some cheap NBC suits with a woodland pattern camo off ebay very cheap and cut the charcoal lining out this gave me a very thin camo outer suit which made wearing jeans and a tshirt underneath comfortable and protected me from snipers otherwise army surplus stores are a blessing for the clothing front. for weapons i bought a well l96 sniper rifle 3 years ago they're fairly cheap and out perform most things out of the box. don't be afraid to try JG guns they feel a bit cheap and tacky but are generally very solid and can be upgraded fairly easily as most are just clones of japanese guns.

again alot of my opinion comes from woodland play but hope it helps
    Last edited by mmocf1a17c5ea2; 2012-07-05 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling fail :<