Poll: How many of your 13 slots are filled with AH gear

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    2 pieces of armor and a weapon, rest I've found while farming.

40% of the votes have got all gear from AH...is this how it used to be in D1 and D2?

Had luck crafting a pair of gloves and boots that were 'decent', all the rest was purchased on the AH. Currently midway act 2 inferno on hardcore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    40% of the votes have got all gear from AH...is this how it used to be in D1 and D2?

In diablo 2 you pretty much didn't need any specific gear to beat the entire game on every difficulty you could wear what ever you found while going. How ever if you wanted to gear your self in the best possible gear then yes, it was alot of trading that you had to do.

farmed act 1 inferno for ages and no luck on drops at all so bought everything, currently stuck in act 2 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got to Inferno with no AH pieces. Haven't had much of any trouble yet. And Act I isn't bad.

I think i have one piece i found myself but im not too sure on that so.... maybe one!

I haven't bought anything off the AH. At first it was because it wasn't necessary and now I'm sort of enjoying the idea of playing through all of Inferno without buying anything just to see how hard it is.

I was very excited for D3, never played D1 or D2 so I do not know what they were like but my biggest gripe with D3 has been that there is no reward except gold.
    If it makes you feel any better it was the same with the previous Diablos except that gold was worthless :P

This might only be my experience but I have gone through all of Nightmare and to the end of Hell more without a single rare that i could equip. In fact I have only had 5-6 rare drops. I have not even had any blue upgrades either.
    That is very unusual I think. It can take a while to get a good upgrade but you should find a few per Act. And my stash was chock full of rares by Hell (and I have all the stash upgrades).

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 11:45 PM ----------

D1: Edit the game files to get all the best items.
    D2: Go into random games and trade with dupers to get all the best items.

The thing with Diablo is, if you want to do things the hard way you can go out and grind your own gear. But you can take a shortcut and just trade off others and the economy is generally soft enough that you can get awesome gear cheaply. The choice is yours.

All of my 60s are fully decked out in AH gear. Every single slot.

From 1-59 on my first character, had like 1 the entire time (a weapon).

From 1-59 on all my other characters, I have pretty much twinked them out in half AH gear.

Is this how it was in D2? No, but the game is a lot different, and the AH just makes it too convenient to find good gear for each class... assuming you have the gold. And I won't say the AH makes it "easy" to find gear because the AH interface is horrible and needs to be completely revamped... but it is definitely easier than spamming trade channel all day in D2.

Deleted
    12 pieces, and what I truly hate about it are these useless stats. Like + exp at level 60, gold pickup range, health globe healing + and the list just goes on and on.

I'm in about Act II Hell (yeah, I'm behind, just haven't been very motivated) and just for the lols I went to the AH and searched for things for 1000 gold.

Needless to say, I got an entirely new set of gear for 13000 gold and they were all, generally, relatively good upgrades.

13k gets me farther than hours and hours of play time. I luuuuuuuuuv this game!

I want to say all 13, but I think I have ONE self-found piece, so I put in 8-12.

It is kinda ridiculous though and ruins a lot of the game for me.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

D3 is actually just an AH simulator with a farming component. Didn't you know?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    12 pieces, and what I truly hate about it are these useless stats. Like + exp at level 60, gold pickup range, health globe healing + and the list just goes on and on.
    There are a lot of worthless affix combinations for sure, but +xp on level 60 gear is not one of them. +xp on gear you get at level 60, all the time though. There aren't spirit stones with wizard skills on them or fist weapons with witch doctor skills, that I've seen anyways.
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2012-06-27 at 01:02 AM.

your poll seems messed up and confusing since the order is pretty much

i personally have about 2 things i found myself on my wizard and 1 thing on my DH

On my Barbarian I'm wearing 4-8 AH bought pieces. I refuse to pay the over inflated prices of the AH. The most expensive piece I've bought was 200k, but more were under 100k. As a result it's slow going, but I'm almost ready for act 2.

I was very excited for D3, never played D1 or D2 so I do not know what they were like but my biggest gripe with D3 has been that there is no reward except gold.
    This might only be my experience but I have gone through all of Nightmare and to the end of Hell more without a single rare that i could equip. In fact I have only had 5-6 rare drops. I have not even had any blue upgrades either.

Now I love the idea of wiping and wiping and respeccing and going at it till I get the boss down but the fact that there is no reward at the end is starting to make me lose interest in game. Again this might be how Diablo is supposed to work, i do not know, I did not play 1 & 2.

What is irritating to me is that not a single piece of gear on my main is one what I actually won, everything is from the AH.
    Now I don't mind if it was a mix but not getting a single upgrade is just not that much fun...that has made the game to be all about farming gold because apparently you need god's luck to win any actual upgrades.

There is 0 motivation and reward, all you get is gold and use it to buy gear.
    The game is fun but there's a point when you want to 'win' something...you know sometimes it takes many tries to get a boss down, all you want at the end is some upgrade to make it all worth it and that just never seems to happen!!

Again, maybe that's what the game is and maybe it's not the game for me. I still think I got my money's worth so no hard feelings against the game, I just don't get it, why they made it like that.

There are 13 inventory slots and every single one of mine is filled with AH gear and I am a bit of a miser in-game and I don't just buy gear willy nilly either, for example, I am level 55 running mostly level 35-44 gear. Technically being in areas 10 levels ahead of my equipped gear, I should get a few upgrades at least but nothing!!

How many item slots on your character are filled with AH gear?
    Let me ask you something. D2 didn't have an official AH. What would have been expected to do, without an AH?

I'm wearing 12 pieces purchased on the AH for my monk, my shield is the only item I've found that wasn't a piece of junk. Started Act 3 inferno the other day, haven't spent much time on D3 lately, kind of bored with it.

My DH has half and half. I found 6 amazing pieces (including weapon) in Act 1 Inferno (1 week after game was released). Stopped playing the DH right after I hit act 3 inferno about 2 weeks after release.

My wizard is completely geared with pieces either my Monk found or my DH found (all lvl 62-63). I finished Act 1 inferno with her the other day and haven't touched her since then. I prefer to play my monk, but again, boredom has set in, so I'm taking a break for now.

Editing to add:

Everything I purchased from the AH was through gold AH. I don't mess with the RMAH. Have no intentions of purchasing anything (including gold) with real money, just can't do it.
    I managed to find decent gear (that I couldn't use for any of my characters) and sold it on the Gold AH, then turned around and purchased gear that I could actually use. Other than that, I farmed Hell Mode Ponyland for a while before the nerf came in. Managed to get decent amounts of gold from those runs. I got lucky and managed to run Inferno on my DH before any nerfs hit, so plenty of gold came from that as well.
    Last edited by Madisyn; 2012-06-27 at 08:11 AM.

Haven't found anything worth using over AH "drop" in inferno yet

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Mostly everything from AH, maybe one or two pieces I've actually found. There's really no point in playing, unless you like gold farming (tons of it) and paying insane AH prices for adequate gear, or breaking out the credit card and hitting the RMAH. Neither suits me.